• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Simba

Staff Member
Lamar had an awful month and pretty much nobody cared. Nobody worried about it, because he was obviously going to bounce back, but it was a terrible month and the media did not roast him at all. They did not go off on him. It was basically largely ignored because everyone knew it would pass. The same thing is true with Allen. No one is really worried about it because people have seen Allen at his best and assume this will pass.

Basically I just do not get the victim complex here. I know it is a common practice but Lamar and Josh Allen basically got the same treatment after having their rough patches.
You really believe that?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You really believe that?

Reality showed it to be true The national media was not trashing Lamar for a bad month, that simply did not happen.. Similarly they are not going to trash Josh Allen for a bad month. Both had an MVP start to the year and both hit a slump and in both cases the media did not pounce because we saw what they are capable of both this year and in previous years. So yes I believe that reality exists and that what already happened is what happened.

Simba

Staff Member
Reality showed it to be true The national media was not trashing Lamar for a bad month, that simply did not happen.. Similarly they are not going to trash Josh Allen for a bad month. Both had an MVP start to the year and both hit a slump and in both cases the media did not pounce because we saw what they are capable of both this year and in previous years. So yes I believe that reality exists and that what already happened is what happened.
Then you weren’t paying attention because the media was full of guys saying that it’s a good thing we didn’t pay him

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Then you weren’t paying attention because the media was full of guys saying that it’s a good thing we didn’t pay him
There were of course a handful and people on here were looking for them. There are a handful saying Allen is the weak link of Buffalo and will be the reason they do not make it to the Super Bowl. You can find someone with any hottake in the media if you look hard enough but putting the entire media on the fringe elements is just silly. They do these stupid hottakes in order to get clicks after all (also to keep up a narrative as the people bashing Allen and Lamar the loudest are the ones who did so pre draft).

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar had an awful month and pretty much nobody cared. Nobody worried about it, because he was obviously going to bounce back, but it was a terrible month and the media did not roast him at all. They did not go off on him. It was basically largely ignored because everyone knew it would pass. The same thing is true with Allen. No one is really worried about it because people have seen Allen at his best and assume this will pass.

Basically I just do not get the victim complex here. I know it is a common practice but Lamar and Josh Allen basically got the same treatment after having their rough

Lamar Jackson last 5 games

61.5% completion, 910 yards passing 4 TDS and 2 ints. Rating of 84.9

Josh Allen last 5 games

59.2 completion, 1203 yards, 6 TDS and 7 ints. Rating 75.5

I would not call that awful at all. Maybe it's not the monster numbers you know Lamar capable of but awful is a strong word lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Josh Allen last 5 games

I would not call that awful at all. Maybe it's not the monster numbers you know Lamar capable of but awful is a strong word lol
total bust, cut them both

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Josh Allen last 5 games

I get why you picked 5 (because it ignores the 2 worst games in there that were part of the month I referred to) but it just makes your argument seem dishonest. At no point did I say those stretches occurred at the same time so you compared half of Lamar's bad stretch to all of Allen's and were like "Lamar still was better". The Buffalo and Bengals games were bad. The fumbles as well against the Giants plus everything were bad. The Cleveland game was bad. They just were but again not a big deal because the regular season is filled with peaks and valleys which is why the broader media were not torching Lamar for it because they saw him be an MVP favorite for the first 3 weeks.

Similarly Allen's past few weeks have basically made him not an MVP candidate anymore but he is not getting dragged through the national media over it. In both cases when the playoffs roll around both will be great but generally there is a valley at any point in a season for any team which is why only 2 teams have ever been undefeated in the regular season. Even when Lamar won MVP there was a valley for a couple weeks in that season before Lamar continued running off peak after peak.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get why you picked 5 (because it ignores the 2 worst games in there that were part of the month I referred to) but it just makes your argument seem dishonest. At no point did I say those stretches occurred at the same time so you compared half of Lamar's bad stretch to all of Allen's and were like "Lamar still was better". The Buffalo and Bengals games were bad. The fumbles as well against the Giants plus everything were bad. The Cleveland game was bad. They just were but again not a big deal because the regular season is filled with peaks and valleys which is why the broader media were not torching Lamar for it because they saw him be an MVP favorite for the first 3 weeks.

Similarly Allen's past few weeks have basically made him not an MVP candidate anymore but he is not getting dragged through the national media over it. In both cases when the playoffs roll around both will be great but generally there is a valley at any point in a season for any team which is why only 2 teams have ever been undefeated in the regular season. Even when Lamar won MVP there was a valley for a couple weeks in that season before Lamar continued running off peak after peak.

You said a month and did not specify and I showed you a month worth of games, Specifically the most recent stretch so you can see why the OP said what he said about Allen and Jackson

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You said a month and did not specify and I showed you a month worth of games, Specifically the most recent stretch so you can see why the OP said what he said about Allen and Jackson

Fair enough I should have specified starting with Buffalo as the beginning. I do not think Lamar's last 2 games, while not statistically great. were overall that bad though. After all in the NFL regular season games are lost not won and he has been playing it safe and just avoiding making any mistakes and so the Ravens are comfortably winning.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zach wilson is always good company to keep.