• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad
Time to trade and tag Lamar. He’s not that accurate of a passer anyway and his running skills are already declining. No way does he have the explosiveness he once did . Not even close .
Get the trade value now before he gets hurt again.

Yeah, was holding out he'd play Sunday, but per his own words that is not happening. I think the Coaches went along with the impression he might play so the other teams would prepare for him and maybe plan less on the backups.

Lamars two year evaluation for the Big Fully Guaranteed Contract has not been remarkable. Fully Guaranteed is definitely not happening. (Unless its very short term)

He's been getting hurt and this time it may require surgery. The knee is still not stable per Lamars own words.

So its here now. Is Lamar worth it? Is Lamar a top flight, guaranteed money thrower? Is Lamar even the best QB in the Division? Can you answer any of those firmly Yes?

So its Franchise Tag or No Fully Guaranteed. If its Franchise Tag is that fair to Lamar? He's got injuries and wants to avoid them with the Fully Guarantee. Is it best for him to let him try and get what he wants someplace else and not subject him to an injury that totally alters his value to others by Franchise tagging him? No its not fair to Lamar. No the Raven's need to be fair to him and let him find what he wants.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I feel Lamar would not have tweeted like this if he felt the Ravens were handling his injury status properly.
I really think there is bad blood on both sides .
He’s done as a Raven. I think the feeling is mutual between him and the Ravens.
That’s why I feel this way, that tweet reeked of “I’m clearing my name whether the ravens like it or not”

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Unless I'm misreading in my haste to read like 20+ pages, people are really suggesting that Lamar shouldn't have made a statement about his injury?

We have people who ran with the initial 1-3 week report and people who ran with the original Mike Preston report (which was then walked back on, but the damage had been done) and are using it still as fuel to slam on Lamar. People suggesting he's checked out and that he's not actually injured.

The Ravens did a really poor job of handling the injury and defending Lamar and I don't blame him for speaking out, in a very professional manner mind you, against the very loud group of people who are shitting on him for what appears to be, by all accounts, a really severe injury.

With how poorly the Ravens handled defending him and how poorly a very vocal group of Ravens fans have been regarding the injury, I wouldn't be shocked if Lamar tried to force his way out of Baltimore. There WILL be a team that will pay him a fully guaranteed contract and would appreciate his services.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I really don't think Lamar tweet had anything to do with The Ravens. This talk about how The Ravens could have done a better job defending him is interesting. Not many teams in general are really open about players injuries like that. Usually that's for competitive reasons and etc. It is what is though and I aint gonna stress it.

Last edited:

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I really don't think Lamar tweet had anything to do with The Ravens.
I don't see how it couldn't, honestly. Harbaugh, and by extension the Ravens because he is the team's mouthpiece on this, did a really poor job of providing accurate updates regarding Lamar's injury. Harbaugh lately has acted as if he's totally in the dark regarding the injury and where Lamar stands, after providing he was hopeful that it was a short term injury, but now Lamar is coming out and saying, "No, this is exactly where I am in the process."

Simba

Staff Member
Also gotta realize this is a team that doesn’t release their PS elevations until the league transaction report comes out because they feel that extra hour is a competitive advantage. I see no way they would ever be completely forthcoming on the status of their premier player.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
give it a rest - that is an awful take based in awful reading comprehension
this same page tells you that for athletes it would normally take 8 weeks...

at least read the thing you're gonna post before using it to say something needlessly wrong
I don't think it's bad at all.

Everything Ravens did this year points to them not wanting to sign Lamar long term and pay what he deserves. They can't afford to play him on a franchise tag and he will, in the end, be traded.

Simba

Staff Member
Jeff Z's mentions saying that the Ravens were hoping he'd be back for the playoffs. Optimistic in the sense that he was putting in the work and said he wanted to be back out there, but seems like the knee just didn't make it there. Probably the impetus behind info coming out today.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Every time there’s some new “news” on Lamar, people say he’s never playing for us again. Never fails.

literally the same take from the same people telling us this new information is clearly a sign that it's over

all the signs suggest that this news has literally no bearing on the contract negotiations - that's probably why we've finally got some news on the injury because too many people were making shit up about contract stuff

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why would I trust a thing you fucking say about Lamar ?
Something stinks about this whole situation.
Would Lamar be playing if he had a extended contract snowflake ?

no
because he's got swelling on his knee because he's got a nearly grade 2-3 PCL sprain...

and as you can see in site you posted... that's likely a minimum return to athletic activity of 8 weeks

and as jim trotter said this week multiple times - he had a player unsolicited talk about picking up the same injury in week 1 and still not having recovered from it yet...

Simba

Staff Member
literally the same take from the same people telling us this new information is clearly a sign that it's over

all the signs suggest that this news has literally no bearing on the contract negotiations - that's probably why we've finally got some news on the injury because too many people were making shit up about contract stuff
Only thing that gives me some pause here is the statement came from Lamar (and it was clearly written for him) and not the Ravens. I don't think it's doom and gloom but it was definitely Lamar's team playing PR from all of the contract reason theories. The Ravens probably should have owned up by now, but again, this is a team that takes every opportunity for competitive advantage. Just as easily could have been the plan all along.