• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I agree with this, but Lamar hasn’t gotten into any kind of legal trouble as of yet and is well respected in the community and is a class act from what I’ve heard. It is concerning, but it’s not like Lamar is out there flashing tiny guns on Instagram like Ja
In their minds, thats what he is doing lol. They cant believe he hasnt gotten into any trouble yet.. soon as he get a speeding ticket “ i mean he hangs around kodak black whose known for getting in trouble”….

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar is definitely playing on the tag. If not, let his ass hold out and get nothing. Now we know why he had no interest

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar is definitely playing on the tag. If not, let his ass hold out and get nothing. Now we know why he had no interest

God I’m so sick of this shit lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

I have a question that I know for sure has been answered on here, so apologize. Hypothetically, if any team makes an offer, and let’s just say just one team does, and it’s a lowball offer, we match, is Lamar forced to accept it? Because that would be funny and awesome

Simba

Staff Member
I have a question that I know for sure has been answered on here, so apologize. Hypothetically, if any team makes an offer, and let’s just say just one team does, and it’s a lowball offer, we match, is Lamar forced to accept it? Because that would be funny and awesome
Lamar gets the choice to sign an offer sheet or not. He's not signing any deal that he doesn't want to sign.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I'm not going to lie I was hoping the Ravens could sign Baker Mayfield ........

russell-westbrook-nba.gif
I was looking forward to the commercials. lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
Marlo came out and said he noticed that he was limping. I think it's a non-story to be honest. However it appears there is a group of people who took this opportunity to start questioning him.

The question I would ask you then would be what did Lamar Jackson do prior to this to make you think or feel that he could play and chose not to?
Not sure I have a strong opinion either way, but will say there’s always some doubt when a guy is at the end of a contract and in contentious negotiations for an extension. “Business decisions” if you will.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure I have a strong opinion either way, but will say there’s always some doubt when a guy is at the end of a contract and in contentious negotiations for an extension. “Business decisions” if you will.

I mean it makes sense but he already played 12 games into the season. It just doesn't sound like something he would do based on his prior actions. He does not strike me as the type of guy who will sit like a Watson for example.

Things change of course.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean we've kinda known this for awhile. But what really matters is:
a) does he want more than Watson in guarantees AT SIGNING, or will he do rolling guarantees like literally everybody else?
b) how many years is he willing to sign for? Frankly, if he wants $235M gtd, he has a 0% chance of getting that unless he signs at least a 6 year deal, and probably closer to a 7-8 year deal.

Like asking for 5/250, with 235M guaranteed, is clearly a non-starter for all NFL teams. Even 6/300 with 235M guaranteed is probably pushing it.

It would have to be 6 in order for the Ravens to give it some serious thought.

If you are Lamar, are you even interested in 6-7 year contracts?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It would have to be 6 in order for the Ravens to give it some serious thought.

If you are Lamar, are you even interested in 6-7 year contracts?
Who knows. I guess if gets the guaranteed $ he wants, maybe.

I would think 6 is the max. If he's looking at 5 years and wants 235 guaranteed, he won't get it from anybody.

I'm not personally buying that its his only demand though. I think its one or the other.

I think its one of two things. He either wants $235M fully gtd on a 5 or 6 year deal, OR, he wants a 3 or probably a 4 year deal, fully gtd.

I'd love to see how he responds if somebody offers him 3/150, fully gtd.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who knows. I guess if gets the guaranteed $ he wants, maybe.

I would think 6 is the max. If he's looking at 5 years and wants 235 guaranteed, he won't get it from anybody.

I'm not personally buying that its his only demand though. I think its one or the other.

I think its one of two things. He either wants $235M fully gtd on a 5 or 6 year deal, OR, he wants a 3 or probably a 4 year deal, fully gtd.

I'd love to see how he responds if somebody offers him 3/150, fully gtd.

Would the Ravens do a 3 year 150? It doesn't sound that bad to me.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would the Ravens do a 3 year 150? It doesn't sound that bad to me.
I don't know. I can't imagine we're opposed to a 3 year deal, given that EDC I believe publicly said they've tried "multiple types" of deals, which I assume means a shorter term one also. I'm sort of anti anything under 4 years, because it really limits cap flexibility. But I wouldn't be completely opposed to it.

When Lamar said he was offered 3/133, many presumed that was literal, i.e. we offered 3 years, $133M, fully gtd. If we did that, I'd actually be pretty surprised if we weren't willing to go to at least $140-145M, and realistically up to $150M. So my "presumption" is that Lamar wouldn't take that deal, but I don't know for sure.

Ive been working under the premise that the 3/133 Lamar is referencing is just part of the same offer that Schefter and others reported, which was 5/250 with 133 gtd at signing.