• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I doubt Bisciotti is willing to put 236 in escrow
Escrow isn't really a problem. I'm not sure when fans got into their heads that teams aren't able to do this. They finance stadium renovations, stadium purchases, etc. NFL teams have a lot of cash but they're not these super liquid entities either.

If they didn't have $236M for escrow, they'll borrow from one of the 200 banks that would gladly lend them $, and its just escrow, so its super low risk to begin with.

Hell the naming rights to the stadium are literally from a Bank.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
With his injury history,not a chance.
# of years doesn't matter. If it's a 6 year offer, but only had 3-4 years of gtd $ on it, then its not a 6 year deal unless the Ravens want it to be.

I think they'd sign him to a 10 year contract if they could get him to agree to it. Provides mountains of salary cap flexibility and roster maneuverability

Simba

Staff Member
Escrow isn't really a problem. I'm not sure when fans got into their heads that teams aren't able to do this. They finance stadium renovations, stadium purchases, etc. NFL teams have a lot of cash but they're not these super liquid entities either.

If they didn't have $236M for escrow, they'll borrow from one of the 200 banks that would gladly lend them $, and its just escrow, so its super low risk to begin with.

Hell the naming rights to the stadium are literally from a Bank.
I never got this line of thinking either. It might be a problem for cash poor teams (aka the Raiders right after moving to Vegas and financing that stadium) but pretty much every owner out there can get that type of liquidity in an instant if they needed it.

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad
I'm not saying to give up on anyone, there's hope for everyone but pedos, rapist and murderes in my book.

But you're right, as of now Lamar hasn't gone out and done anything stupid that we know..I still have somw respect for Lamar I suppose and I'm sure the 2018 Lamar that we drafted is still there. Just money brings out the worst in everyone unfortunately
Including owners.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never got this line of thinking either. It might be a problem for cash poor teams (aka the Raiders right after moving to Vegas and financing that stadium) but pretty much every owner out there can get that type of liquidity in an instant if they needed it.
I'm not even certain whether its guaranteed at signing $ vs total guaranteed $.

But for context, we signed Marlon and Stanley both in like a 30 day period.
Just for those two deals alone, the guaranteed at signing portion was ~$105M, which is what we would have had to put up in escrow. And that's in addition to any other signings we made that year.

And while I get $230M is a lot more than that, teams haven't had a problem putting up at least $100-150M in guaranteed $ into escrow in the last few years. That's pretty clear.

AND, for reference, that was October 2020, which means we were in like the tail-end of the pandemic, and revenue was down league-wide due to lack of fans in the stands in prior years.

I mean it makes sense but he already played 12 games into the season. It just doesn't sound like something he would do based on his prior actions. He does not strike me as the type of guy who will sit like a Watson for example.

Things change of course.
The question I have about this is: had he not been in negotiations for a new contract would he have played the Cincy games? I always give players the benefit of the doubt when it comes to injuries but in this case I have doubts. Given no contract negotiations, and Knowing Lama,r I don’t think they would have been able to keep him off the field for those games if there was any chance he could play. Just sayin’.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is the QB i want : Report: Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Tom Brady played entire season with torn MCL. Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady played the entirety of last season with a torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee, according to a report in the Tampa Bay Times.Jul 16, 2021

This is the QB i want : Report: Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Tom Brady played entire season with torn MCL. Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady played the entirety of last season with a torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee, according to a report in the Tampa Bay Times.Jul 16, 2021
Flacco played a series with a torn ACL and MCL. moved the O in position for game winning FG against the Rams in 2015. Mahomes played with a high ankle sprain in the playoffs this past season. Brock Purdue played with a torn UCL against the Eagles. I mean people handle injuries differently. I guess our boy ain’t all that tough. Lol

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacco played a series with a torn ACL and MCL. moved the O in position for game winning FG against the Rams in 2015. Mahomes played with a high ankle sprain in the playoffs this past season. Brock Purdue played with a torn UCL against the Eagles. I mean people handle injuries differently. I guess our boy ain’t all that tough. Lol
Yep. I suspect thats why teams are wary of him

Tank

Hall of Famer
Suga. lol