• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's been a couple of guys that were OK, but nothing consistent since RR.

Man it would be great to have Jamal on this team.
Bro you got a fan club lol, that one dude is all about you for some reason.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Bro you got a fan club lol, that one dude is all about you for some reason.
Tank has lots of fans in the Lamar Jackson thread.

He's like you, but more extreme.

I feel like you get annoyed that people are so positive on Lamar in what you perceive to be every situation, so you overcorrect with how critical you are.

And I want to clarify this because you're usually super critical, but people are generally able to point out their opposite side and have a reasonable discussion and meet in the middle.

Tank just hates Lamar because Lamar took over for Joe. He had an unabashed love for Joe and has a real hate boner for Lamar, so plenty of people like to meme him.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 5557
This chart also says that Lamar has the fifth most catchable passes thrown this year, which isn't shocking given he has a completion percent near 70%.

Again, Lamar may not be having a superhuman 2019 again, but he's damn sure not the Ravens biggest worry offensively.
Surely that can’t be right as I was told Lamar can’t throw as good as Burrow

Tank

Hall of Famer
MAN LISTEN.

Can you imagine Ray Rice in this offense?

Jamal would kill with Lamar in the backfield
Yeah either would take some of the pressure off and definitely open things up, especially Jamal. Dude was a true game changer.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Well really Lamar needs to not run the ball all the time. Needs to use the ball for his receivers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was really high on Watson (glad this didn't work out...) and thought he'd slide into Ravens range. I was intrigued by Mahomes.

Side note: I was probably the only person to correctly hammer the table for Marlon Humphrey. I remember I did a mock draft that had him going to the Ravens and it was like -50. Also, if you wanna see me go to bat for other Ravens, not just Lamar, go look at how I have historically talked about Humphrey. I go to bat for Ravens players.

In 2018, I figured the Ravens would snag a QB because they were apparently super high on Baker and Josh Allen. As soon as they traded up, I knew it was for Lamar.
I had the Seattle Seahawks in the Forum Mock and wanted Marlon Humphrey, but he was taken a pick or two ahead of me. Loved him and thought he was a great pick when the Ravens drafted him. I ended up taking taking Tre White for the Hawks in the FM, btw.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One of Lamar’s best games ever

To do all that under pressure on over half his snaps too

With backup OL and missing 2 starters at WR

And the statline doesn’t include a couple of plays that got pulled back too

Same criticism I’ve got all year though - Lamar looks dialled in but the ball’s on the ground too often - was awesome to see him protect the ball on those sacks but the RB exchange mistakes need to get fixed