• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Jags edition

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 4250

If GRo gets fired today.. imma frame this play up. It’ll be up there with “4th and 29. Hey diddle diddle, Ray rice up the middle.”

“2nd and 14, hey GRo GRo, pack yo bags you fat hoe.” (respectfully)

Enough is enough with this guy.

Am I off in saying that I can't recall the last time we sent 3 or more receivers out on the field? And I don't mean having 3 TEs on the field and 2 acting as receivers.

I am talking about guys with some actual speed.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 4250

If GRo gets fired today.. imma frame this play up. It’ll be up there with “4th and 29. Hey diddle diddle, Ray rice up the middle.”

“But- that was a great play
Should have taken the defence by surprise- the offence just didn’t execute”

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
View attachment 4250

At least Ray Rice got the 1st down. Lol!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It was different "back in my day." I couldn't resist that. Lol! Sure, while we are in different times and generations there are some things that remain consistent throughout generations. In my time we said what we had to say face-to-face as men. Now, because of all of this technology cats can easily hide behind keyboards, tablets, phones, etc, and take jabs and degrading shots at these athletes, artists, and randoms in general. In this day and age, EVERYTHING you post online (especially if you have as many "followers" as Lamar) can and will be used against you (as in a court of law)! We're in this technological age that is linking and connecting us all to one another and "IF" one chooses to post everything about themselves (i.e. where you are, what you are doing, what you are eating, how you are feeling, etc.) one must realize that they will open up and expose themselves to various responses from the public (i.e., praise, encouragement, uplifting statements or criticism, vulgarity, put-downs, etc.). Therefore, one must always be cognizant of that present reality.
At 57, I agree, it was different back in our day. I find there is nothing worse than a keyboard warrior. I can’t stand when someone wants to act like a badass typing tough words in their mommy and daddy’s basement but would never have the guts to say it to your face. You can disagree without getting personal and only a chump would get personal, when he knows that the other person can’t get to him.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
“But- that was a great play
Should have taken the defence by surprise- the offence just didn’t execute”
True, however, Ricard is not that fast. He's not the first person that I think of when I hear the term, "he's a burner," or "he got some wheels," etc.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
To paraphrase a previous post in this thread about old people not getting social media, I'll have to counter.

The younger generation really doesn't seem to 'get' the First Rule of the Internet that us old people learned as soon as we started frequenting the big bad web:
- You never, ever, ever respond to an obvious troll.

No matter how snappy of a burn of a reply you have, you're giving them exactly what they want while you gain absolutely nothing. So just ignore it and go on with your life. Most people out to get a rise out of you get much more annoyed when no one responds than getting insulted, they feed off that.
So I'd wish the young generation, whether it is Lamar Jackson, random people on twtter or purpleflock posters to learn this important rule. Places like twitter or purpleflock even have the "block"/"ignore" features which work like a charm on people who just want to pick a fight.
And with that said - you damn kids get off my lawn. And back to your scheduled program.
That is very difficult for us old guys. We were raised that you always have to defend your honor. It is very difficult for me to not to respond to personal insults. I have a tendency to go from “Zero to a Hundred“ really quick. I am sure many trolls get a rise when I take the bait. Trolling really needs to be moderated closely.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
True, however, Ricard is not that fast. He's not the first person that I think of when I hear the term, "he's a burner," or "he got some wheels," etc.

You completely misunderstood my post. It was just a tribute to a certain poster here who always makes excuses for Roman

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hopefully I made one select poster here happy about the post format tribute I paid him, even if he does wear the coaching staff/Lamar purple shades way too much

Some people are “glass half full” and some people are “glass half empty.”

That’s why I just troll. Best of both and you’ll never know. Zen.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some people are “glass half full” and some people are “glass half empty.”

That’s why I just troll. Best of both and you’ll never know. Zen.

Most definitely wasn’t you I was thinking about my man

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
To paraphrase a previous post in this thread about old people not getting social media, I'll have to counter.

The younger generation really doesn't seem to 'get' the First Rule of the Internet that us old people learned as soon as we started frequenting the big bad web:
- You never, ever, ever respond to an obvious troll.

No matter how snappy of a burn of a reply you have, you're giving them exactly what they want while you gain absolutely nothing. So just ignore it and go on with your life. Most people out to get a rise out of you get much more annoyed when no one responds than getting insulted, they feed off that.
So I'd wish the young generation, whether it is Lamar Jackson, random people on twtter or purpleflock posters to learn this important rule. Places like twitter or purpleflock even have the "block"/"ignore" features which work like a charm on people who just want to pick a fight.
And with that said - you damn kids get off my lawn. And back to your scheduled program.
Or maybe, and I could be speaking for myself, but just maybe we can clap back at trolls/shitposters/etc. and be totally unbothered by them and their responses.

You’re talking differences between the old and the new generation but the biggest difference is the older generation takes shit too seriously, we just be clowning.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That is very difficult for us old guys. We were raised that you always have to defend your honor. It is very difficult for me to not to respond to personal insults. I have a tendency to go from “Zero to a Hundred“ really quick. I am sure many trolls get a rise when I take the bait. Trolling really needs to be moderated closely.
I gotta tell you, that’s a very concerning thing to hear from a police officer, considering you had a license to kill for your entire career, the means to do so at any given moment, and being a cop you’re gonna be the target of a lot of insults. If you respond violently to insults then you should not be in law enforcement.

Don’t think of it as defending your honor, you were fooled into believing that, you’re being controlled by your pride and ego. You feel the need to defend your honor against a likely lesser individual who’s insulting you to lift themselves, that’s not honorable, it’s foolish.

Folks take themselves so serious.. Life is stupid, we’re on a rock on the edge of the Milky Way flying through space, we’re all carbon based life making up the same ecosystem on earth, we’re all from the dirt and we all return to the same dirt. Take yourself down a few notches bro, it’s liberating.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I gotta tell you, that’s a very concerning thing to hear from a police officer, considering you had a license to kill for your entire career, the means to do so at any given moment, and being a cop you’re gonna be the target of a lot of insults. If you respond violently to insults then you should not be in law enforcement.

Don’t think of it as defending your honor, you were fooled into believing that, you’re being controlled by your pride and ego. You feel the need to defend your honor against a likely lesser individual who’s insulting you to lift themselves, that’s not honorable, it’s foolish.

Folks take themselves so serious.. Life is stupid, we’re on a rock on the edge of the Milky Way flying through space, we’re all carbon based life making up the same ecosystem on earth, we’re all from the dirt and we all return to the same dirt. Take yourself down a few notches bro, it’s liberating.

“You feel the need to defend your honor against a likely lesser individual who’s insulting you to lift themselves, that’s not honorable, it’s foolish.”

LMAOOO…. Isn’t that precisely what LJ8 did??

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Or maybe, and I could be speaking for myself, but just maybe we can clap back at trolls/shitposters/etc. and be totally unbothered by them and their responses.

You’re talking differences between the old and the new generation but the biggest difference is the older generation takes shit too seriously, we just be clowning.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok i feel better after 24 hours. Fuck Roman , and Lamar is mid but we’re cool.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
“You feel the need to defend your honor against a likely lesser individual who’s insulting you to lift themselves, that’s not honorable, it’s foolish.”

LMAOOO…. Isn’t that precisely what LJ8 did??
Yeah, what’s your point?