• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Jags edition

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This 1/2 second left before we snap bullshit is why Roman should be fired and NOW !!! Its pure nonsense and embarrassing.
Is there any other team that has this issue? I understand there are two calls made but shit this has gotta stop.
I'm not firing a coach for that, but its certainly gotta get fixed. I'd honestly pay good money to be a fly on the wall to figure out why the fuck that takes so long. I think its a compilation of a bunch of people not doing their job well enough, including both OC and QB.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
You sure its Harbaugh's culture? Or the GM's culture? Or the Owners culture? Who do you think is driving the organizations culture towards talent identification, prioritizing positional values, etc.?

to your point, it's been like this since before John took over

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because greatness was actually expected
lol, uhh, no, no it wasn't. I never met anybody in the 2000s that expect greatness from anything. Until about 2007 we were still riding off a 7 year high from the last SB.

All the second SB did was set the expectations higher, which is why fans quickly transitioned off the 2012 SB title and started thinking this team should win a Lombardi every five years. Ignoring the fact that it took us 12 to transition from the first to the second the last time.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not firing a coach for that, but its certainly gotta get fixed. I'd honestly pay good money to be a fly on the wall to figure out why the fuck that takes so long. I think its a compilation of a bunch of people not doing their job well enough, including both OC and QB.
And if it doesn't get fixed?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bruh.. he acknowledged it last season. Probably more at the beginning of this season. He just Gon keep acknowledging it but do nothing. Just Rah-Rah and coach speak
I agree that particular aspect is frustrating for sure. Should be something that's fixable in-season. Doesn't require personnel or schematic upgrades to change play calling speed.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
And if it doesn't get fixed?
Then you either fire the OC after the season, or you continue to pretend like its not an issue and win and lose games based off the execution of it.

It's been an issue in games we won also, but it gets a lot less discussion then. For reasons I'm not certain why...

RavenRockaRolla

Practice Squad
Well Jackson should not have commented like that and he knows it and deleted it. Though it ain't the first time he has not thought before commenting. He was the leading Raven runner for the game again. His throws were sometimes good, sometimes not very good. He is asking for a fully guaranteed contract. The year is not over, so theres time to see if the results are worth it. The owner is not a big fan of overpaying. He's not a Denver Broncos type owner. He is gonna demand results at a minimum before he pays. If Jackson gets results maybe the things he sometimes says before he thinks are not going to be a big issue. If Jackson doesn't get results its far more likely the owner franchise tags him for next season. Will Jackson accept that or pull a LeVeon Bell? Its hard to say. Hes impulsive. Theres a poster here that doesn't think Lamar has progressed since the big awards year. Can't remember his nickname. So theres 6 games and the playoffs yet to see. Fully guaranteed is a very big order. Is Jackson even the best QB in the Division? Guess we'll wait and see.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree that particular aspect is frustrating for sure. Should be something that's fixable in-season. Doesn't require personnel or schematic upgrades to change play calling speed.

but that's the thing, he has not done it in years. He acknowledges it but nothing is happening. Win or lose.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec ponders the same.

"The Ravens said all the right things, just like they did after the losses to the Dolphins, Bills and Giants," Zrebiec wrote. "What they haven't done is shown that they've learned their lesson. And until they do, it's going to be awfully hard to consider them a viable Super Bowl contender. They entered Sunday afternoon in Jacksonville looking like a team that was ready to go on a run. They exited it with the same-old questions about their ability to close.

^ I agree Jeff!
I mean its only like 3 superbowl contenders right now anyway..

redrum52

Hall of Famer
All I know is the culture of mediocrity didn’t exist until Harbaugh got here
There is so much wrapped up in this that I don't think you anticipated. The team before the bowl never had a winning season. Without even checking the team would usually go good season bad season under Billick. And you want to know what played a major factor... lack of acceptable qb play. Aren't you on the side of letting Lamar walk? I could be wrong.

Oh yeah.. we had injury problems then too

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I hope when playoffs come, someone tells him to take what they give you.. if its daylight in front of you, go for it. Forget all the “ cant win with your arm” bs… only thing people remember from playoffs are the winners and losers.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean its only like 3 superbowl contenders right now anyway..
Well, since it is only 3 SB contenders; in comparison to the gameplay of the 3 contenders that you are thinking about; do you see the Ravens fitting that criteria?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope when playoffs come, someone tells him to take what they give you.. if its daylight in front of you, go for it. Forget all the “ cant win with your arm” bs… only thing people remember from playoffs are the winners and losers.

can't win with your arm THROWING A SCREEN. TO RICARD. ON 2ND AND 14

I agree with you

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens could still win it
True. But, based upon them experiencing the same issues over and over again (i.e. the offense's inability to score TD's in the red zone, defensive collapses in the 4th quarter when they have a lead, and struggling just to beat or even losing to teams that are under .500, etc.) do you honestly see the Ravens "peaking" at the right time or "plateauing?"