• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Jags edition

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm lost I didn't see anything anti-gay?? What was the comment that is being said to be anti-gay?

And on the back and forth with you guys should Lamar have said those things absolutely not. Is it a big deal the media is making out to be? No, it was a dumb comment in a heated moment. The media will like to make everything about race or lgbtqwxJjfniw plus these days that's what gets attention. He will probably apologize and that's it nothing will happen to him and shouldn't.

There isn’t any. Everyone just soft these days and wanna use cancel culture for clicks

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lmaooo just disregard the rest of it because I “don’t have the full details”. You guys are hilarious
I'm not disregarding the rest of it, I just was commenting on the first one. I just think it was wrong for him to respond the way he did and I'm going to let this lie, because it's really not that big of a deal. It doesn't change my opinion of him one bit.

Simba

Staff Member
If there's anything we've learned I hope it's to keep Marlon outside in those goal line situations
I’m not sure anyone was stopping that with the D we rolled out there. Left Stephens on an island and put him in a react situation instead of a read situation. I feel like everyone knew the ball was going to Jones on that one. The question was inside or outside and we did nothing to help counteract whatever choice they made.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Are you? I think everyone knows who you are during gamedays now..

“There goes Sami84 again :rolleyes:
one thing about sami. He only showed up when the Ravens lost or during gamedays when they weren't playing well.

marklar

Pro Bowler
To paraphrase a previous post in this thread about old people not getting social media, I'll have to counter.

The younger generation really doesn't seem to 'get' the First Rule of the Internet that us old people learned as soon as we started frequenting the big bad web:
- You never, ever, ever respond to an obvious troll.

No matter how snappy of a burn of a reply you have, you're giving them exactly what they want while you gain absolutely nothing. So just ignore it and go on with your life. Most people out to get a rise out of you get much more annoyed when no one responds than getting insulted, they feed off that.
So I'd wish the young generation, whether it is Lamar Jackson, random people on twtter or purpleflock posters to learn this important rule. Places like twitter or purpleflock even have the "block"/"ignore" features which work like a charm on people who just want to pick a fight.
And with that said - you damn kids get off my lawn. And back to your scheduled program.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never knew about that ruling until yesterday. Thought it had to be both feet body or butt. Since when does side of the leg count. Not going to harp on that though because the defense just folded with a great opportunity to establish itself as a competent unit.

It also looked like his shin hit at the same time as the rest of his leg, which was completely out-of-bounds. I didn't agree with the call, but can't really complain about it either since we had plenty of other opportunities to win the game and kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It also looked like his shin hit at the same time as the rest of his leg, which was completely out-of-bounds. I didn't agree with the call, but can't really complain about it either since we had plenty of other opportunities to win the game and kept shooting ourselves in the foot.
Yea exactly, he was out of bounds for sure. We may have gotten a stop and still won. It’s a huge call

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
one thing about sami. He only showed up when the Ravens lost or during gamedays when they weren't playing well.

Lol. True. At least sizzle more ride or die. Sami only comes during the bad times and draft szn

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also it's just so funny to me how out of touch most people age about ~35 are. Older people who don't "get" technology and social media and who shared a different "youth" from today love to be the generic old person's stereotype of "back in my day we'd never have done something like that". Should Lamar have tweeted it, for his own lessening of a headache later, no. Did he do anything wrong? Of course not. He said something unkind to a troll behind his keyboard. Ultimately people will make such a big deal out of this he's going to be forced to have a press conference to apologize. Then immediately everyone will forget and not care because there will be a new story to tell.

Then you've got the people who are so ultraprimed to investigate everything as a gender or race issue in this country even when it doesn't apply at all is just so tiring. I can guarantee you Lamar didn't say what he did in an antigay way. It's yet again people being out of touch. Everything is about intent. Yet again if anyone had any neuronal plasticity of any kind and considered that maybe peoples Lamar age actually grew up saying stuff like that and it was NEVER meant in an actually antigay way, they'd understand that it's possible in a moment of anger he could've forgotten that now as an adult I shouldn't say that because the world is different when it comes to this topic. You heard it hear first Lamar will apologize and what he'll say is he never had any antigay intent (because he didn't) and that in his anger he used an old phrase that he usually doesn't and understands in retrospect that it could have offended a lot of people which is the last thing he wants.

Finally the media are a bunch of scumb bags and nonanonymous social media is one of the great plagues of society. These people are usually fucking stupid, purposefully provocative and antagonistic, and are always looking for a got you. Social media is a shitstorm of misinformation, agenda pushing, and a depression enforcer in children. It's rules are totally different than that of the real world and we'd really be better of without it.

But ultimately, Lamar didn't actually do anything wrong or have any antigay mal-intent. He'll have a press conference to apologize and appease the self righteous old people, ultra sjws (people who are just looking to cancel people without considering intent. And don't get me wrong this Lamar and the Kanye situation I find pretty different), and the media scum to give them another story to write.

This is a non-issue, but we live in a world where it is.
It was different "back in my day." I couldn't resist that. Lol! Sure, while we are in different times and generations there are some things that remain consistent throughout generations. In my time we said what we had to say face-to-face as men. Now, because of all of this technology cats can easily hide behind keyboards, tablets, phones, etc, and take jabs and degrading shots at these athletes, artists, and randoms in general. In this day and age, EVERYTHING you post online (especially if you have as many "followers" as Lamar) can and will be used against you (as in a court of law)! We're in this technological age that is linking and connecting us all to one another and "IF" one chooses to post everything about themselves (i.e. where you are, what you are doing, what you are eating, how you are feeling, etc.) one must realize that they will open up and expose themselves to various responses from the public (i.e., praise, encouragement, uplifting statements or criticism, vulgarity, put-downs, etc.). Therefore, one must always be cognizant of that present reality.

Last edited:

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are you? I think everyone knows who you are during gamedays now..

“There goes Sami84 again :rolleyes:

Well hopefully by now any reasonable poster here knows I post no matter what part of the year we’re in lmao

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I stand corrected.
I had in mind different play - dump off to the right on 3&10 (also to Pat)

I was watching with a Giants fan who asked me "what is going on with your offense this year"

I told her watch how many times we send Pat "Big Darren Sproles" Ricard out as a pass catcher.

They ran this screen a few plays later lmfaooooooooooooo

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It was different "back in my day." I couldn't resist that. Lol! Sure, while we are in different times and generations there are some things that remain consistent throughout generations. In my time we said what we had to say face-to-face as men. Now, because of all of this technology cats can easily hide behind keyboards, tablets, phones, etc, and take jabs and degrading shots at these athletes, artists, and randoms in general. In this day and age, EVERYTHING you post online (especially if you have as many "followers" as Lamar) can and will be used against you (as in a court of law)! We're in this technological age that is linking and connecting us all to one another and "IF" one chooses to post everything about themselves (i.e. where you are, what you are doing, what you are eating, how you are feeling, etc.) one must realize that they will open up and expose themselves for various responses from the public (i.e., praise, encouragement, uplifting statements or criticism, vulgarity, put-downs, etc.). Therefore, one must always be cognizant of that present reality.
All very true. And that's why Lamar has the headache he has to deal with right now.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Imagine if we lose to the broncos
The Ravens struggled to beat the 3-7 Panthers at home.

The Ravens struggled and lost to the 3-8 Jaguars in Florida.

Now, here comes the 3-8 Broncos (that just had a D-linemen go off on Russell on the sidelines). Based on this pattern, I expect that the Broncos will be playing like perennial world-beaters at M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday. Everyone seems to get geared up to give the Ravens their best. This should be no different.