• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Broncos

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don’t think he’s regressed - think we were limited by personnel early in the year which meant he got focused with double and triple teams when in year 1 he was getting more single teams

And then as other guys have returned - other guys are getting to the qb quicker

I’d say it’s more a lack of development than a regression

But these kind of year 2 “slumps” are incredibly common… remember what everyone thought of PQ in year 2 for example
I think it might be more fair to say lack of development, but it is the case that his stats are down. I hope he can break out of it. Queen was up and down and up and down. Oweh is more just plateaud at a level below where you'd like him.

ravensfan55

Practice Squad
First post here.

I get Roman's point about wanting to control the clock but you need to get the play in a little earlier so Lamar can read the field and the players can set.

I'm not as much of a Roman hater as most Ravens fans but considering the crap receiving corps EDC has given him to work with the Ravens offense has been mostly good. If they clean up the pre snap and red zone issues we'll still be a top 10 offense this year.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Injury report isn't horrible, which is cool. Expecting that Stanley will he held out again and that he'll have a good chance for Pitt. Hamilton I could see going either way if he plays or not. But like I said, when Harbs says day to day that means a minimum of 2 weeks.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Treasures my ass! You are giving up points by allowing the opposing defense to know when the snap is occurring.

You are also not allowing any offensive player,particularly Lamar, to properly read blitzes ,coverages,etc.

That post by Roman is exactly why this is his last year as the Ravens OC.
And we’re shortening the game against inferior opponents

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Injury report isn't horrible, which is cool. Expecting that Stanley will he held out again and that he'll have a good chance for Pitt. Hamilton I could see going either way if he plays or not. But like I said, when Harbs says day to day that means a minimum of 2 weeks.

for what it's worth i read that hamilton thinks he's going to be ready for this week

obviously pinch of salt required because multiple players have thought they were ready to go and havent actually played

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
First post here.

I get Roman's point about wanting to control the clock but you need to get the play in a little earlier so Lamar can read the field and the players can set.

I'm not as much of a Roman hater as most Ravens fans but considering the crap receiving corps EDC has given him to work with the Ravens offense has been mostly good. If they clean up the pre snap and red zone issues we'll still be a top 10 offense this year.

You must really love those 300lb FB screens on 3rd downs and 10 to go, and those 300lb go routes!

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
You must really love those 300lb FB screens on 3rd downs and 10 to go, and those 300lb go routes!

I doubt Patrick Richard is still 300 pounds from the time he originally was defensive linemen before being move to Fullback/Tight end

rossihunter2

Staff Member

omg give it a rest

1) the fb screen wasnt on 3rd and 10, it was on 2nd and 14
2) it's a completely legitimate 2nd down playcall based in deception - it's not like it's a fundamental part of the offence
3) the 300lb FB doesnt go out and run routes - he occasionally runs screens, mostly he stays in as an extra man in pass pro (notably he's done this most when we've had issues at tackle like against the Jags with Stanley missing and against the Bills with Faalele at LT), and occasionally he leaks out as a release valve like on the 3rd and 10 you're talking about...
4) he only has 12 targets the entire season - the idea that he's somehow a foundational part of the passing attack is at best lazy and at worst completely disingenuous - also he's not even the FB with the most targets in the NFL this year... go criticise Kyle Shanahan and Mike McDaniel for using FBs in the passing game too lol... or Ken Dorsey or Brian Daboll - the truth is that many of the better offences and passing attacks in the NFL have FBs as big parts of their offence in 2022

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s the deal with Lamar, just trying to find a reason to avoid the media ?
I'm sure that He knows that he's going to be inundated with questions about his tweet. He needs to just get out there for his presser and get it over with and put it behind him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
omg give it a rest

2) it's a completely legitimate 2nd down playcall based in deception - it's not like it's a fundamental part of the offence
3) the 300lb FB doesnt go out and run routes - he occasionally runs screens, mostly he stays in as an extra man in pass pro (notably he's done this most when we've had issues at tackle like against the Jags with Stanley missing and against the Bills with Faalele at LT), and occasionally he leaks out as a release valve like on the 3rd and 10 you're talking about...
4) he only has 12 targets the entire season - the idea that he's somehow a foundational part of the passing attack is at best lazy and at worst completely disingenuous - also he's not even the FB with the most targets in the NFL this year... go criticise Kyle Shanahan and Mike McDaniel for using FBs in the passing game too lol... or Ken Dorsey or Brian Daboll - the truth is that many of the better offences and passing attacks in the NFL have FBs as big parts of their offence in 2022

The scream that I just scrome

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
omg give it a rest

Yes- you are right
The offence just needs to execute better
Roman is a King, he's the best OC we have ever had. So thankful for him.