• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
@UPennChem

im coming around on Addison a bit i think

i think i initially put him down because of how much i liked JSN and i watched them back to back on the first pass

he's just such a safe pick - that floor is really high and i think there's some awesome tools to work with on top
Yaaayy join the Addison train. I hope he doesn't run that 4.29 Pickett says he's gonna

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Who has Duvernay as his ceiling lol

idk about that lol
but i keep seeing him in these top 4-5 WR rankings everywhere and i get that maybe a team will draft him that high but that's only because teams always overdraft guys who run in the 4.2s

not devoid of talent or a chance to make it... but dude's a 1 trick pony right now - the 1 trick is pretty amazing but idk that it'll work as well in the NFL (a lot of guys with similar profiles to him have not done anything)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
idk about that lol
but i keep seeing him in these top 4-5 WR rankings everywhere and i get that maybe a team will draft him that high but that's only because teams always overdraft guys who run in the 4.2s

not devoid of talent or a chance to make it... but dude's a 1 trick pony right now - the 1 trick is pretty amazing but idk that it'll work as well in the NFL (a lot of guys with similar profiles to him have not done anything)
What's going to make him different than Duv or John Ross? Know what I mean?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am very curious about Zay Flowers. I like him a lot so far but feel he might be beholden to whatever offensive system he is in. Dude is explosive and can win battles at all 3 levels though.

Zay Flowers creeping up there on my SIIE list. Dude looks nice. Oh and he from Florida.. so Lamar would be happy. I can see Lamar campaigning for him like he did Hollywood and Jeudy lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Johnston had an 11.8% drop rate. That's simply unacceptable.

Addison had a 3.3% drop rate.

the hands are a significant concern with Johnston

but i wouldnt worry too much about college drop rates - drops can carry over to the pros but drop-rates specifically don't seem to have much of a correlation with drop-rates in the NFL...

but Johnston's hands look like a huge question on tape to me - he's great in contested situations tracking the ball and even catching it but so often the ball's getting into the body or he's not high-pointing etc.

the more i watch the more i worry about him busting

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Zay Flowers creeping up there on my SIIE list. Dude looks nice. Oh and he from Florida.. so Lamar would be happy. I can see Lamar campaigning for him like he did Hollywood and Jeudy lol

Josh Downs is more like Hollywood than Flowers I think
Marvin Mims is an amazing deep threat with a smaller frame also

Flowers is a fair amount below both those guys on my board right now

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Josh Downs is more like Hollywood than Flowers I think
Marvin Mims is an amazing deep threat with a smaller frame also

Flowers is a fair amount below both those guys on my board right now

I didn’t mean in play style. I meant how Flowers a Florida boy and Lamar probably knows of him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
81igcfaijgea1.jpg

Looks like he'd enjoy staying in Baltimore. He's a bit like Golden Tate. Not a big play guy, but extremely reliable, and is a decent YAC WR.