• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
81igcfaijgea1.jpg

Looks like he'd enjoy staying in Baltimore. He's a bit like Golden Tate. Not a big play guy, but extremely reliable, and is a decent YAC WR.
Mid rounder? Could use a mid-round #SIIE.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mid rounder? Could use a mid-round #SIIE.
Yeah. Right now Jarrett looks like a 3rd or 4th round pick.

He's won't make as many plays down field or run free at the NFL level, but his quick release, ability to find soft spots in the coverage, strong YAC ability, and great hands can definitely make him useful. He'd probably be a great 3rd down go to guy.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
81igcfaijgea1.jpg

Looks like he'd enjoy staying in Baltimore. He's a bit like Golden Tate. Not a big play guy, but extremely reliable, and is a decent YAC WR.

I’ll throw a 5th at him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Really like this Josh "Touch" Downs kid out of UNC. Thoughts?

really like him - got a late 1st round grade on him - think it'd be tough for me to take him earlier just because the tape doesnt have a lot of release work or press on it - and can struggle with physical corners at the line (although does really well at the catch-point)

but the explosion he has is undeniable - has the kind of vertical speed that does weird things to defenders

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yes the 2022 hammy issues

hammies are tricky but they shut him down and he'll have been nearly a year removed from them by week 1
sounds like it was really serious and they kept trying to get him to play on it and when they shut him down finally he was near a tear

also why im not too worried about any slightly lower explosion in the 2022 film vs 2021

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
His potential is basically a number 3 and he's not a first round pick.

Now I personally believe that's too harsh but not by a ton. I see him as a late 20s draft pick and a number 2.
If Bateman can continue to develop, I'm "fine" with that. All depends on who we have as OC.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If Bateman can continue to develop, I'm "fine" with that. All depends on who we have as OC.

i also disagree and think he has "number 1" like traits
all he's missing, to my mind, is long-speed - gonna be best at Z or in the slot but the more i watch, the more i think he has the ability to play X too

but yeah if Bateman's here, he won't have to be that X

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Has anyone watched "Tank" Dell

Senior Bowl reviews: No one, and I mean no one, could cover Dell, who easily ran away from defenders in the open field.