• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree he's not like Deebo. But my point was to say Bateman can act as your traditional number 1 and Addison can be your more specialized guy

Addison = Robert Woods
Bateman = Kupp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tillman doesn't have bust written all over him the way I feel Johnston does.

100% - Johnston reminds me a ton of kevin white - huge potential, some elite (in Johnstown’s case maybe even generational) traits but also some huge question marks

Tillman feels like a guy who may get under drafted because of his age and a couple of other factors - but he does feel pretty safe to me on first watch

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kenny Pickett is on record saying he expects Jordan Addison to run a 4.29. I’ve also seen reports of him running almost 23 miles per hour.

Bateman and Addison to pair with LJ and a better pass game pleaseeee! I just doubt he makes it to 22

I mean I don’t see that sort of speed on tape so far - but if he runs *that* fast then I’ll have to go back and re-evaluate

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Everyone and there mom knows that if they want a WR they need to trade ahead of us. That's going to make staying pat even harder for us if we have a certain guy we like

If we’ve got a certain guy sure…

But right now I’d be shocked if Johnston, JSN and Addison are all gone before we pick

And could also see the ravens having big grades on someone like Josh downs or Kayshon boutte too…

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If we’ve got a certain guy sure…

But right now I’d be shocked if Johnston, JSN and Addison are all gone before we pick

And could also see the ravens having big grades on someone like Josh downs or Kayshon boutte too…
Yeah I've got no idea if the Ravens even know the guy they want right now. So excited to see who the new OC is

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Though something to keep in mind is that Deebo is like 40 pounds heavier than Addison's official weight (215 vs 175). We'll see if Addison is actually bigger than that at the combine, but it'll be tough for him to handle the fusion RB/WR role that Deebo does.

My guess is it’s more likely Addison is like 5’11 165 tbh - college are more likely to inflate his height and weight to help him

Simba

Staff Member
Count me in the bust potential for Johnston. There's a lot to like and work with, but not confident it all translates. Kevin White was my first thought as well.

On Addison... not in size and physical makeup, but I came away thinking of Amari Cooper during my first glance. Just a smooth operator in nearly all of the skills.

My guess is it’s more likely Addison is like 5’11 165 tbh - college are more likely to inflate his height and weight to help him

I’m well aware that colleges inflate measurables but I’m definitely not seeing 165 with Addison.

DeVonta came in at 6’ 175 and Addison is absolutely not as thin as him. I’m assuming his measurables are accurate.

Count me in the bust potential for Johnston. There's a lot to like and work with, but not confident it all translates. Kevin White was my first thought as well.

On Addison... not in size and physical makeup, but I came away thinking of Amari Cooper during my first glance. Just a smooth operator in nearly all of the skills.

Completely agree. Johnston gives me Kevin White and Laquon Treadwell vibes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m well aware that colleges inflate measurables but I’m definitely not seeing 165 with Addison.

DeVonta came in at 6’ 175 and Addison is absolutely not as thin as him. I’m assuming his measurables are accurate.

He was 170lbs at his pro day and didn’t measure at the combine fyi

But I also don’t think Addison was as tall as smith was…

He certainly doesn’t play as big as Devonta did/does

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Completely agree. Johnston gives me Kevin White and Laquon Treadwell vibes

Too much of a freak to be treadwell i think

If I could be more confident in Johnstown’s hands I’d be all over him as a top 10 like prospect - still has some route running to learn but the kinds of traits and film that suggests he’d be good at worst and incredible at best

But the hands…

He was 170lbs at his pro day and didn’t measure at the combine fyi

But I also don’t think Addison was as tall as smith was…

He certainly doesn’t play as big as Devonta did/does

I appreciate the information I missed that part but I think that just further helps my point. No way Addison comes in under 170. He’s thicker than Smith (no gay shit, flex and sizzle lol) However, I do agree that he doesn’t play as big as Smith but we don’t need him to imo

Too much of a freak to be treadwell i think

If I could be more confident in Johnstown’s hands I’d be all over him as a top 10 like prospect - still has some route running to learn but the kinds of traits and film that suggests he’d be good at worst and incredible at best

But the hands…

Yeah, I wasn’t necessarily comparing their draft profiles just the hype they came in with as big WRs.

I hope Johnston blows up the combine and goes before us because I’m not a fan at all

Simba

Staff Member
I am very curious about Zay Flowers. I like him a lot so far but feel he might be beholden to whatever offensive system he is in. Dude is explosive and can win battles at all 3 levels though.

Simba

Staff Member
Check out Josh Downs. I think they play similarly but Downs is better imo
Want to be clear that all of my thoughts right now are quick pass than anything intensive.

If I had to guess, I think they'll be rated similarly based on that quick look. Felt Flowers had more inside/outside versatility but Downs seems more physical despite the size. Definitely two that I'm looking forward to doing a deep dive on.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Want to be clear that all of my thoughts right now are quick pass than anything intensive.

If I had to guess, I think they'll be rated similarly based on that quick look. Felt Flowers had more inside/outside versatility but Downs seems more physical despite the size. Definitely two that I'm looking forward to doing a deep dive on.

Think downs has got an extra gear too