• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think I like that Josh Downs kid out of UNC more than Flowers in the second. He plays big at the catch point

100% - Downs is exciting - he's like Flowers if you strapped a jetpack to his back

Downs might go R1

he's the sort of guy that creeps higher and higher on my board every time i watch him and i imagine the possibilities

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can see another talent being rated higher than him at 22 but besides CB I don’t think another position will have a higher chance of providing an impact rookie year. Also I haven’t dug into the rest of the class yet to see what top 20 talent I hope falls at another position. I will say I’m not a fan Kelee Ringo, CB out of Georgia. I’ve seen him mocked to us and he seems to stiff for my preference

right now im only dug in on WR and EDGE so tough to tell
have heard the CB class is excellent though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@JAAM , we might have a #SIIE candidate on the rise. Pending for more details lol.

haha too early for that

go and have a look at him though and see what you think

undersized but explosive, balanced, twitchy, fluid, great body control, good at the catchpoint, plays above his size in contested situations but most importantly has the kind of functional speed that does funny things to defenders

doesnt play that well through contact in the route, not super alignment versatile (probably limited to slot, z and motion work)

man i feel like im talking myself into him just listing all the traits though lol

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If we pick at 22, I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if we couldn't get one of Johnston, JSN, Boutte, and Addison. Could be wrong but I think this is such a weak WR class.

What does everyone think about WR with Roman now out?

Interesting that there are others that agree with me the Addison is WR1 in this class. Damn it would be nice to have a second round pick lolol

I’m with you thinking that Addison is WR1. However, this news could be beneficial to us. Maybe we can trade back acquire another a 3rd round pick and still get the pick of the litter after Addison. Or just stick at 22 and pick Addison.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I’m with you thinking that Addison is WR1. However, this news could be beneficial to us. Maybe we can trade back acquire another a 3rd round pick and still get the pick of the litter after Addison. Or just stick at 22 and pick Addison.
I'm just hoping people either WAAAYY overdraft these WRs so we can get another stud at CB. ORRRR we see another Hollywood style draft where the first WR is off the board really late and we can take Addison

I'm just hoping people either WAAAYY overdraft these WRs so we can get another stud at CB. ORRRR we see another Hollywood style draft where the first WR is off the board really late and we can take Addison

I can only see Addison and Johnston going top 20. But I can definitely see us drafting a CB. Either way I would be happy tbh

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Keep an eye out on Charlie Jones out of Purdue.
I didn't watch any Purdue really this year. Looked up this highlight video... that kid looks pretty cool. Things I noticed. He seemed to have a free release basically every time he made a play which is a tiny bit concerning. Maybe not elite speed either. But boy did it seem like he ran the entire route tree, had a knack for finding the soft spot, knew what he was doing downfield, and showed some ability to make contested catches.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So how do we find a way to draft both Charlie Jones and Marvin Mims? Imagine adding those 2 skillsets to Bateman!!!