• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Running Game, The Mess and The Greg Roman

Simba

Staff Member
I get what you're saying, but where we differ is that I believe that, if there are teams with tons of cap space prepared to offer Roquan 'a good bit more' than the Ravens, he'll take it. I don't think these 9 games will sway him.

I don't get why you think the trade means we avoid Roquan's free agency entirely. He's not under contract anywhere next year.

The only way we'll know who has got it right is when Roquan signs a deal somewhere.
It's no guarantee but getting Peters in the building and embedding him in the culture is a big reason why he decided to sign early despite him knowing he was losing money on the deal.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tom Brady is usually mistake free, but the one game we need is the game we can’t catch a break.
It’s been a rough year for the TB offense. Look like a shell of themselves after losing three starters on the O line

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Nobody should have to explain how exclusive negotiating rights between now and April make a difference lol
Of course, there's a chance it matters, but most players just want to maximize their earnings on their first big contract. Maybe Roquan is an exception...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I get what you're saying, but where we differ is that I believe that, if there are teams with tons of cap space prepared to offer Roquan 'a good bit more' than the Ravens, he'll take it. I don't think these 9 games will sway him.

I don't get why you think the trade means we avoid Roquan's free agency entirely. He's not under contract anywhere next year.

The only way we'll know who has got it right is when Roquan signs a deal somewhere.
If this was the case then extensions wouldn’t be so prevalent, guys would always test the open market because any player in the top half of the market is gonna make more that way.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The Bowser IG story shows that this Ravens defense has finally come of age. Beating the Steelers makes you a Raven but hating the offense makes you a true Ravens defender.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Lmfao
Screenshot_20221218_195603.jpg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Bowser IG story shows that this Ravens defense has finally come of age. Beating the Steelers makes you a Raven but hating the offense makes you a true Ravens defender.
That’s how I know we gonna do something soon…

Man could you imagine if Lamar left but a year or two later we win a chip because of our defense?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Here's Steve Smith on NFL Network talking about Greg Roman and the problems with our offense following the playoff loss to the Bills. It's sad that word from word, you can apply everything Steve Smith said in 2022.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tom Brady is usually mistake free, but the one game we need is the game we can’t catch a break.

It’s a blessing in disguise.

If Bengals lost, Harbs would keep GRo.. stating how we’re still 1st in the division and no need to change things.

Now that we lost the lead, major changes need to be made.

#SIIE

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s how I know we gonna do something soon…

Man could you imagine if Lamar left but a year or two later we win a chip because of our defense?

Won’t happen. Harbs won’t have the luxury of riding coattails of the great Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Like he’s having now with Lamar. Rah-Rah can only get you so far.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Just copying others alone won't make us better and Hamilton was by far the best player available. Without Hamilton and Smith out defense was shit.
The defense was shit with Hamilton frequently and the defense collapsed against the Jags with Smith.

I think both are GREAT players, but I 100% believe that an Olave or Wilson, the two players the Ravens were reportedly interested in, would be a bigger impact maker than Hamilton for the team and I don't think Roquan has been transformative for this defense.