• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @. Bengals

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Carr ends up on Ross then I would imagine he gets safety help, but I would expect to see Tavon cover Ross quite a bit. If anyone is going to beat us then make Boyd do it again.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Not exactly worried about John Ross and his 3 receiving yards yet tbh. I'd personally feel comfortable challenging Cincy to go to him regularly in the game.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't see much from The bengals defense vs. The Colts that resembles how they have traditionally schemed Joe. A lot of 2 deep man...I hope that is how they play us.
Either way, I'm starting to believe this offense will have something for the bengals this time around. Not much mentioned about the usage of Lamar but he makes a difference.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't see much from The bengals defense vs. The Colts that resembles how they have traditionally schemed Joe. A lot of 2 deep man...I hope that is how they play us.
Either way, I'm starting to believe this offense will have something for the bengals this time around. Not much mentioned about the usage of Lamar but he makes a difference.

im not sure the bengals have the defensive backs or coverage linebackers to cause us the same problems they've done in the past

the difference is that their pass rush front is even nastier than usual

youd expect that naturally they would have to change their schematic preferences because otherwise i think the middle of the field is going to be open all day

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Carr ends up on Ross then I would imagine he gets safety help, but I would expect to see Tavon cover Ross quite a bit. If anyone is going to beat us then make Boyd do it again.
This ones tough, because Tavon is perfect for both boyd and Ross, we’ve seen Humphrey shut down green before, but Carr is a question vs green and Ross.

Do we shadow? Put Tavon on Ross, Carr on Boyd, and Humphrey on green all night?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This ones tough, because Tavon is perfect for both boyd and Ross, we’ve seen Humphrey shut down green before, but Carr is a question vs green and Ross.

Hump shut down green? Im just gonna stay outta this one

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

If anyone is going to shadow then I would expect Humph to shadow Green. I also think Canady could be in play for Boyd (redemption chance and we don't have a bonehead making the play calls anymore).

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dixon is confirmed as out vs the Bengals and expected to miss "several" weeks

if that's seriously the case im amazed we havent promoted edwards or turner and got rid of someone like darious williams...
If they bring up a RB I could see them putting Dixon on IR and maybe bringing him back later.

Maybe the sources are wrong and the Ravens think there’s a chance Dixon might be back next week. I could see them going with 2 RBs for one game. Isn’t Canady hurt? I think they still need Darious Williams for depth in case Canady doesn’t play.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
He already did wtf are you talking about? All you do is hate on certain players and usually the wrong ones.

Go ahead, put your foot in your mouth again with your explanation.
How would a strong safety shut down a receiver? Checkmate

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If they bring up a RB I could see them putting Dixon on IR and maybe bringing him back later.

Maybe the sources are wrong and the Ravens think there’s a chance Dixon might be back next week. I could see them going with 2 RBs for one game. Isn’t Canady hurt? I think they still need Darious Williams for depth in case Canady doesn’t play.

that's a good point - although i think with canady they are just being careful with how much he practices and plays - he only played 10 snaps vs the bills when you would have expected more and i think thats because they are still protecting him but i could be wrong

you're right that they could put dixon on IR but he'd have to miss 8 weeks which is a long time and if he'll come back before then im not sure we'd want to have to wait on him

it begs the question of dixon's status though because if hes definitely out for more than a couple of weeks then it doesnt make sense not to promote an rb or find another one from somewhere but they havent done that (maybe because its a short week)

my guess is that dixon will be out for a few weeks but not long enough to IR (or they'd have done that already before the bengals game so that they can get him back in 1 less week than if they IR him after the bengals game) - and my guess is that they are happy with edwards or turner as the 3rd back so they'll run with 2 and then bring in someone else from around the league and use the long week to acclimatise them

my hope is that dixon really will be only out for a couple of weeks and that we can roll with just collins and buck for that period and we can supplement the run game if we feel short with more jet sweep type plays to alleviate the carries for those 2 guys if they struggle

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last edited: