• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals (Wildcard Round)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I personally am encouraged by the following things.

In 2 games against them, neither at full strength, our defense has largely kept this EXTREMELY talented offense in check. Maybe that's a divisional kind of thing, but it doesn't seem like they'll blow us out even if we lose.

The pass rush was good in both games. I think this is more of a function of their OL being pretty shit, but nonetheless. Additionally they're now down Cappa and Collins. The rusher coming against their right side should feast. Ojabo also with a a big strip sack flash. Get that guy on the field in the right situations.

Sammy Watkins, Isaiah Likely, and Charlie Kolar all looked liked real NFL players against their starting and full effort defense. Add in Mark Andrews, JK, and hopefully Gus again and you've got yourself a little something. Also DRob won't play as bad as he did today, it would be basically impossible.

Obviously bringing in the reinforcements is a big deal. First and foremost possibly Lamar. If Lamar played today, it was a win I'm certain. But also a strong defense getting Peters and Stephens back is really big. Burrow didn't terget almost anyone other than Worley.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
One other thought about the coaching.

MM I think was pretty excellent today. What could he have done better given the circumstances? I don't really think anything. You know that's big coming from me.

GRo really frustrated me today. Because honestly, he ran a pretty different spread offense with AB and it was so much better! But situationally he did a lot of boneheaded stuff. There were times early in the game where he didn't even have faith in AB to try and pick up a 3rd down, but then went fucking psycho on the goal line before the half. Situational play calling felt really bad today on offense, but the bulk play calling was really refreshing.

Harbs I think needs to adapt. He's been an ultra aggressive coach and for the majority of the Lamar teams, that's been a good idea. For this team however, they've been more bad than good. I think John has to STOP not taking 3 points in 1st halfs of games. Take the points my man, they're always meaningful. I also think if it was John's idea to try and run that 2 minute shit at the end of the first half he needs to be smarter. If it was GRo, he's gotta shut that down. On the DRob potential catch/drop he either indicated to his guys he was gonna challenge and that's why they didn't get lined up, which would be dumb because that wasn't worth challenging. Or GRo just fucked up and made us waste that timeout.

Thinking if MM can replicate and John and Greg can just clean themselves up a little with the addition of many of our guys, we can definitely win this game.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Gonna be crazy to see the inactives list for the upcoming game. There's gonna be some guys we want to play that won't.

Need 8 guys to sit. Thinking...
1) Huntley
2) Drake and this one will hurt
3) Kolar will hurt a little
4) Colon
5) Pepe
6) Rayshad Nichols
7) ???
8) ???

Those last 2 are rough. We unfortunately may have one of those as Ojabo. If not him then, JPP. But really I hope we can get away with sitting someone like Welch or Phillips.

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Those last 2 are rough. We unfortunately may have one of those as Ojabo. If not him then, JPP. But really I hope we can get away with sitting someone like Welch or Phillips.
I’d prefer JPP on the field over Ojabo. Happy he got his first sack but that was all coverage and burrow even backed into it. I’ll take JPPs experience over Ojabo still trying to get up to speed

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even still there's one more spot to fill
Gonna be crazy to see the inactives list for the upcoming game. There's gonna be some guys we want to play that won't.

1) Huntley
4) Colon
5) Pepe
6) Rayshad Nichols
7) ???
8) ???

James “training camp” Proche.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The Sunday of the playoff game represents exactly 6 weeks to the day from Lamar's injury. As long as the man has only the upper end of a 4 to 6 week injury, he should be good to go. Anything worse and he's simply not going to play.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kolar, likely and andrews should be crazy.

i really hope yesterday was a sign that Ojabo and Kolar are rounding into form at the perfect point of the season and not just a sign of the future but then see them back on the inactives next week

not expecting them to be as much in the rotation as they were yesterday but would at least be good to see them involved

either way though the early signs for this 2022 class are that it might be nuts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Literally them all out wide idk why we don’t just run 3 tight ends

Greg Roman's final form

23 personnel with no WRs on the field (clearly the biggest issue in our passing game has been our WRs so obviously the simple solution is to just not play any WRs lol) - but we're not running out of that formation, we're spreading the field and passing on them lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Biggest crybabies in the game and it starts with their coach Zac Taylor. They have always called Harbaugh a crybaby for years (I think Ohio ppl in general just conflate him with Jim) but my god Taylor is the biggest whiner. When he ran up the score on us last year then acted like we did the same, when clearly leaving starters in and passing every down versus running every play with backups are different. Zac Taylor is a fucking bitch

lol i thought you were overreacting but that article is hilarious haha

rossihunter2

Staff Member

1) Huntley
4) Colon
5) Pepe
6) Rayshad Nichols
7) ???
8) ???

we're not required to elevate 2 guys from the practice squad - so you can take rayshad nichols off the list but also take away the 2 7th and 8th spot lol

so yeah im afraid that the last spot probably will be ojabo again which will be frustrating but understandable

Tank

Hall of Famer
Cincy fans were talking about how classy the organization handled the Hamlin incident. That lasted a whole 5 minutes before they turned completely classless, Instead of being thankful they were gifted the AFC North and given we rested many of our starters giving them an easier victory. I pray we crush their dreams next Sunday!
yeah, they seemed really distraught out there yesterday. lol

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
we're not required to elevate 2 guys from the practice squad - so you can take rayshad nichols off the list but also take away the 2 7th and 8th spot lol

so yeah im afraid that the last spot probably will be ojabo again which will be frustrating but understandable
Thanks! You could be Hella aggressive and sit Colon and Cleveland because of Mekari. But that's a lot

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Greg Roman's final form

23 personnel with no WRs on the field (clearly the biggest issue in our passing game has been our WRs so obviously the simple solution is to just not play any WRs lol) - but we're not running out of that formation, we're spreading the field and passing on them lol
I’ve wondered all fucking year why this wasn’t possible. Andrews wide, likely wide, Oliver/kolar slot

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Assuming worst case scenario with Lamar, Did Brown do enough yesterday to start over Huntley(if healthy)? Seems crazy to go back to Huntley after Brown moved the ball well.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
ive got my numbers wrong anyway i think

but if we sit 2 OL then we lose an extra active roster spot anyway because of the rule change a few years ago where you got an extra active spot for keeping an extra OL active
Wait so how many inactives? And what is this OL rule???