• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bengals (Wildcard Round)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brown > Huntley
He’s a turnover machine with 0 pocket awareness. While the play call was inexcusable him standing on the goaline holding the ball for a long time was a terrible mistake. I hate that it may come to this, do you go with Brown who may push the ball downfield or do you go with Huntley who can’t but hopefully will avoid killer turnovers?

I think it’s Huntley because we have no one to push the ball downfield to and I’m sure with Dobbins back we plan to run the ball a lot more

Tyler

Practice Squad
87A3F0FD-5AE2-4B6E-A951-B865878150D2.jpeg

7 years ago from my memories is it Sunday yet?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wait so how many inactives? And what is this OL rule???

ok my maths was wrong again lol

53 man roster (we're currently at 53)
up to 2 practice squad elevations to take you to 55 on gameday but dont have to use them

you're allowed 48 on your gameday active roster but when they increased it from 46 to 48, one of the stipulations was that the 48th would have to be an 8th offensive lineman or else it would be 47... so basically there's no reason not to activate 8 OL because the 8th OL isn't replacing anyone else on the gameday active roster

so right now, pending PS elevations, we only need to find 5 inactives:
1) QB - probably either Brown or Lamar... but I hope it's Huntley
2) RB - hopefully Drake because that means Gus clears concussion protocol this week but it's possible this is Gus
3) IOL - given recent usage probably Colon but could be Cleveland - but it will only be one of them
4) CB - probably someone who's injured or ill... but if not then it'll be Pepe most likely
5) up in the air - could be Kolar, could be Ojabo, could be another CB if they think they only need 4 up

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
also worth noting that those 2 or 3 mistakes all came in the first quarter/first half
was much better once settled and up to game speed

i think you're right that it's huntley if he's ok to go and lamar's not
But now that I think of the near pick six I remember his other near pick six. He basically put the game out of reach from the start, at least with Huntley we’re gonna give our defense and running game a shot and not just gift wrap the game. Both suck

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But now that I think of the near pick six I remember his other near pick six. He basically put the game out of reach from the start, at least with Huntley we’re gonna give our defense and running game a shot and not just gift wrap the game. Both suck

yes he had an awful first quarter
almost like he's a udfa rookie in his first ever NFL start against a division rival with some key members of the offence missing

almost like he grew into the game and improved

when was the other near pick 6? i can only think of the one that germaine pratt could have potentially picked off but he only went with 1 hand...

and im not in denial or anything - i know the ravens would prefer to start Ty if Lamar cant go - just think the ceiling of this offence with AB is so much higher right now than with Ty

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes he had an awful first quarter
almost like he's a udfa rookie in his first ever NFL start against a division rival with some key members of the offence missing

almost like he grew into the game and improved

when was the other near pick 6? i can only think of the one that germaine pratt could have potentially picked off but he only went with 1 hand...

and im not in denial or anything - i know the ravens would prefer to start Ty if Lamar cant go - just think the ceiling of this offence with AB is so much higher right now than with Ty
I don’t remember when they were but one was a near pick six on a comeback route and the other one was a screen pass batted high up in the air.

I get all that but the refs easily could have called Watkins for OPI and there goes a lot of his yards. If it has to be a backup it’s probably gonna be Huntley

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brown > Huntley
No question for me. I don’t get why anyone would want to see Huntley after he produced nothing for a month. Even with Brown’s miscues we were in the game and had a shot at the comeback. Huntley has no shot at coming back down two scores

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
No question for me. I don’t get why anyone would want to see Huntley after he produced nothing for a month. Even with Brown’s miscues we were in the game and had a shot at the comeback. Huntley has no shot at coming back down two scores
If Huntley played we probably would not have gone down two scores. I get it, the ceiling is higher but holy shit the floor is lower, Brown is dangerous.

I’m starting to get angry at the idea of Lamar not playing, if he can’t play I’m not gonna care too much which shit QB we pick, Roman better call a better fucking game tho

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Huntley played we probably would not have gone down two scores. I get it, the ceiling is higher but holy shit the floor is lower, Brown is dangerous.

I’m starting to get angry at the idea of Lamar not playing, if he can’t play I’m not gonna care too much which shit QB we pick, Roman better call a better fucking game tho

Moral of the Story: If either one is playing Sunday night, we fucked.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I could either way.
I think Brown isn't good enough to not have like 2-3 turnovers. And I'm extremely certain that, with turnovers in that range, we aren't beating the Bengals. We may score more points, but we're not winning.

With Huntley, I get more mobility in the pocket, and I get somebody who's not likely to turn it over as much. Though I agree, his ceiling is much lower and he won't throw down field.

I have a feeling Huntley's injured shoulder will be the catalyst for him not starting regardless. Or giving the team the option.

I'm just terrified of the fact that Cincy gets literally another week to watch film on a QB they just played against AND isn't very good. Like Brown had some horrible turnovers, and I think that still may be his "ceiling" game. I think he can play a lot worse.