• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Clutching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So now we still want MM as our dc or what? We just mad right now yall.. these feelings that got us thinking and saying irrational things will eventually blow over and we will be back on track with our critical thinking minds

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So now we still want MM as our dc or what? We just mad right now yall.. this feelings that got us thinking and saying irrational things will eventually blow over and we will be back on track with our critical thinking minds
He had a very up and down season. It definitely trended upward as the season went on. Showed he can handle the Bengals for sure. Too many collapses in 2nd and 4th quarters. Really soft defense at times. I hope going into year 3 of being a coordinator and year 2 with this team he can make a big step forward. He was basically a rookie too

Seems like you repeating what @JAAM said .That already got corrected and this is sad. That's the problem with our society is that we run far and hold strong to misinformation more than factual information. We stick more to the negative than the positive. I respect everyone that post on this site and don't feel like im bigger or better. I love debating though and it's really fun to me especially when it comes to sports but hey believe what you want to believe though.

Lol ok bud. I'm not repeating what Jaam said. I remember you signaling me out because I said we were in trouble when Bateman went down and that the FO dropped the ball in drafting or signing another good wr. And the only one that feels bigger and better than anyone on this board is Jacket lol everyone can agree here. I also respect everyone's opinion wether we agree or not so idk where you going with that.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Ok last thing… did anyone see that 3rd down by bengals when worley first came in? Looked like borrow immediately looked over trying to target .. i wonder if worley had played great defense or did we just put extra help over there.. either way i was excited about it

A1A

Veteran
Just a case study in awful game management in the most important situations and in the redzone.

End of the first half wasting timeouts on screens and not running the ball once on goal-to-go.
QB sneak from 2 yards out with Huntley jumping for a 14 point swing.
We ran out of time at the end of the game WITH TIMEOUTS STILL IN OUR POCKET!!!!

Those are inexcusable mistakes.

What an awful way for the season to end.

In classic Ravens fashion they found a way to draw us all in, make it competitive, and then ultimately find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Changes required to fix this anti-clutch gene we've developed this season.

Didn't even watch the game. As I've said for years now I don't bother watching harbs; I already know the outcome. By your assessment, yikes pretty much EXACTLY how I imagined the outcome. No need to beat a dead horse here, just wanted to stop by and see what the fans are saying. This team literally makes the playoffs just about every year on talent alone, but once we get in a dog fight and it comes down to coaching? We're screwed Lol...btw I believe Lamar is gone. We go one more year with harbs stink the bed, lose a bunch of guys hire some mediocre coach(cause all the good ones would have new jobs) and well yeah...sucks. Been spot on right about alot of things the passed 10+ years I hope I'm wrong. Lamar 2023 and beyond! Hire Bieniemy ASAP! PLEASE!

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
You could be right , change is inevitable but who takes his place? Feels safer to stick with a Harbs as a proven winner
The first priority is getting the OC replaced. I'm cool with just that for some continuity, but I'm also not opposed to Harbs too. I think after Marty, Marc, and now GR, he needs stay out of the OC lane a little in whoever the FO thinks is best. I think that's what happened when Kubiak came in and I think that needs to repeat itself.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So now we still want MM as our dc or what? We just mad right now yall.. these feelings that got us thinking and saying irrational things will eventually blow over and we will be back on track with our critical thinking minds

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He had a very up and down season. It definitely trended upward as the season went on. Showed he can handle the Bengals for sure. Too many collapses in 2nd and 4th quarters. Really soft defense at times. I hope going into year 3 of being a coordinator and year 2 with this team he can make a big step forward. He was basically a rookie too

improved through the year (also obviously as the personnel improved too)
some issues still with some of the soft 2 minute play-calling and the reliance on old man Calais to prevent the defence from falling apart but clear signs of improvement and getting great contributions out of our best players

Marlon had a great season
Marcus Williams probably would have been an all-pro if he didnt get injured so early in the season
Kyle Hamilton has already developed into a young star
Roquan has been a revelation and probable all-pro
Queen has been the best version of himself
Calais turned back the clock
Madubuike just had his best season
We got contributions from all our EDGE rushers once they were healthy

and all of those guys are under contract for 2023 (although fully expected that Calais will retire) except for JPP and Houston

MP really the only guy who didn't play as well under MM and i think you can clearly attribute that to injuries and age more than the DC

the worries were about the way the unit played as a whole - but they clearly improved through the year

either way... think the stretch run makes it pretty clear that MM's done enough to deserve a chance to build on this first year success even with the mixed bag and some of the persistent issues - certainly earned the right to try and solve them this offseason

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
improved through the year (also obviously as the personnel improved too)
some issues still with some of the soft 2 minute play-calling and the reliance on old man Calais to prevent the defence from falling apart but clear signs of improvement and getting great contributions out of our best players

Marlon had a great season
Marcus Williams probably would have been an all-pro if he didnt get injured so early in the season
Kyle Hamilton has already developed into a young star
Roquan has been a revelation and probable all-pro
Queen has been the best version of himself
Calais turned back the clock
Madubuike just had his best season
We got contributions from all our EDGE rushers once they were healthy

and all of those guys are under contract for 2023 (although fully expected that Calais will retire) except for JPP and Houston

MP really the only guy who didn't play as well under MM and i think you can clearly attribute that to injuries and age more than the DC

the worries were about the way the unit played as a whole - but they clearly improved through the year
I agree with all that. MM has some stuff to learn. The defense has some holes to fill. I think both will happen and this will be a strong unit next year.

Simba

Staff Member
Ok last thing… did anyone see that 3rd down by bengals when worley first came in? Looked like borrow immediately looked over trying to target .. i wonder if worley had played great defense or did we just put extra help over there.. either way i was excited about it
Yeah that was the target. Queen got enough depth in his drop and took away the lane though. Think Chuck was hawking too if I remember correctly.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You have current and former players ripping on this offense.

Hollywood, JK, Snead, Dez… I pray someone ask Harbs about Greg Roman and his expiring contract today. Let’s start this new OC search.
And all of those other cats' insights were quickly dismissed as their being disgruntled players. But we all knew they were on to something.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
You have current and former players ripping on this offense.

Hollywood, JK, Snead, Dez… I pray someone ask Harbs about Greg Roman and his expiring contract today. Let’s start this new OC search.

That Dobbins quote is telling. The offense has looked alittle weird since last year during the Miami game where we seemed to just ignore what Miami was doing.

I remember seeing Lamar on the sidelines livid and players agreeing with him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
MM has been doing fine and has improved as the year progressed.

Not sure what else ya'll want from him.