• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought the Eagles roster was slightly overrated specifically on the defensive side of the ball. Any even mediocre QB they played torched them. Then they lost some players this offseason, not the major pieces but still losses, and I just do not think they are of the same level as the 49ers. The 3rd best team from the NFC last year (Cowboys) made some interesting moves improving 2/3 of their weakest position groups but still has problems in the OLine so it cant be them.

You can only beat the teams in front of you, but that run they had in the playoffs was not impressive. Beating the Giants and then a 49ers team that was down 3 QBs was insane.

That being said they played very well against the Chiefs. They have a lot of creativity on offense, ALOT.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Could browns be going after dhop?

I don't think so. I am sure they want to upgrade at receiver but it would make alot more sense to do it from the draft.

They already have Cooper and some TE's. Now it's up to Watson

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Crazy time for Ravens fans with all the negativity , but It’s hard not to feel good about our chances next year. Long term deal or tag, having a healthy Lamar back and this defense puts us right in contention for a championship.

We keep talking about how shitty the WRs are, but even with that group we were competitive last year. If we have a healthy Bateman, Andrews, DRob, Duvernay, and an addition (Laudnry, Chark, Hardman, Agholor) we’re looking pretty decent. If we can stay healthy we’re going to be a good team in 2023.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Crazy time for Ravens fans with all the negativity , but It’s hard not to feel good about our chances next year. Long term deal or tag, having a healthy Lamar back and this defense puts us right in contention for a championship.

We keep talking about how shitty the WRs are, but even with that group we were competitive last year. If we have a healthy Bateman, Andrews, DRob, Duvernay, and an addition (Laudnry, Chark, Hardman, Agholor) we’re looking pretty decent. If we can stay healthy we’re going to be a good team in 2023.
Biggest wildcard to me is a) if somehow Lamar isn't back, then all bets are off and b) if Lamar plays under the tag, how long does he holdout in the offseason and how does it impact installing a new offense.

Also just think there has to be at least 2 receivers added at some point. Likely one in FA and one in the draft, at least.

I'm not one of these people who thinks firing Roman will solve 95% of our offensive problems, nor do I think its easy to just transition to a new offense in one offseason. There will be growing pains. And those growing pains could last all year if the QB isn't around in the offseason to work on the offense, and if there's not an influx in playmakers to execute it.

Couple that with the fact that I think everybody in our division will be better next year, and that clearly other teams in the Conference will be better next year (Jets, possibly Broncos) and I think 2023 is a total coin flip for this team at the moment.

Biggest wildcard to me is a) if somehow Lamar isn't back, then all bets are off and b) if Lamar plays under the tag, how long does he holdout in the offseason and how does it impact installing a new offense.

Also just think there has to be at least 2 receivers added at some point. Likely one in FA and one in the draft, at least.

I'm not one of these people who thinks firing Roman will solve 95% of our offensive problems, nor do I think its easy to just transition to a new offense in one offseason. There will be growing pains. And those growing pains could last all year if the QB isn't around in the offseason to work on the offense, and if there's not an influx in playmakers to execute it.

Couple that with the fact that I think everybody in our division will be better next year, and that clearly other teams in the Conference will be better next year (Jets, possibly Broncos) and I think 2023 is a total coin flip for this team at the moment.
It’s one of the most, if not the most, unsettled off seasons in franchise history. IMO

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Lamar can certainly throw a wrench in things but I don’t think he is going to severely delay signing the tag. I’m guessing he now realizes he has some work to do in assuring the NFL he is worth the contract he wants/ can stay healthy.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar can certainly throw a wrench in things but I don’t think he is going to severely delay signing the tag. I’m guessing he now realizes he has some work to do in assuring the NFL he is worth the contract he wants/ can stay healthy.
Well I'm basically thinking the earliest you'll see him is training camp, meaning he will miss all the voluntary and mandatory OTAs. I can't imagine he signs the tag until at least the tag deadline, which is mid-July.

After that who knows. Can't imagine he'll play in a preseason game, but realistically, not sure the team would want him to anyway.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sounds like Bryce might be their guy

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

There was also a video of the Panthers FO at Ohio States pro day and Josh Mccown said something like “when you get to Charlotte” to Stroud. So they’re playing games or just doing due diligence