• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Moore and his salary or roquan and his. Which is more valuable?

no idea
id suggest probably roquan just because you know you're getting an all-pro

but moore is cheaper, does have tons of potential, at a position of need that's highly valuable...

but i think i still probably lean towards Roquan still - he's a star and it's hard to find stars at any position

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
no idea
id suggest probably roquan just because you know you're getting an all-pro

but moore is cheaper, does have tons of potential, at a position of need that's highly valuable...

but i think i still probably lean towards Roquan still - he's a star and it's hard to find stars at any position
Smith was the best player on the team the moment he stepped on the field. I still can't believe we were able to get him.
Pretty much how I feel too. Like when there’s a player available that we DONT need but he looks like the guy I’m most certain is a star, that’s my guy. Last year that was Kyle hamilton, this year it’s calijah kancey. To hell with pff and their “an average wr brings more value than an elite LB” ways

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pretty much how I feel too. Like when there’s a player available that we DONT need but he looks like the guy I’m most certain is a star, that’s my guy. Last year that was Kyle hamilton, this year it’s calijah kancey. To hell with pff and their “an average wr brings more value than an elite LB” ways

we do have a roster with about as many "stars" and studs as i can remember having on the ravens for a long time - guys who are all-pro types at their position...

Lamar
Ronnie
Andrews

Roquan
Marlon
Williams

and we've got Hamilton, Linderbaum and Dobbins looking to break into that kind of territory too in 2023 hopefully

last year the problem wasnt that we didnt have a star WR, it was that we didnt have any WRs - so i guess in that sense PFF was right that even average guys at that position have value... but we were only a couple of average WRs away because the rest of the roster was absolutely loaded

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
For the record, I'm actually pretty pro Agholor at that price, all things considered given we missed on everyone else that was better. But this did make me laugh

For as inept as we seemed in drafting a WR from the "Super" Boller years thru the draft of Torrie Smith and with some after him, we were always good at acquiring vets in trades or last minute signings as cap casualties. I hope for that same deftness this year. Agholor is not any kind of upgrade from what we had last year personnel-wise. Anyone might prove more productive without Roman's ineptitude in the passing game, tho.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
For as inept as we seemed in drafting a WR from the "Super" Boller years thru the draft of Torrie Smith and with some after him, we were always good at acquiring vets in trades or last minute signings as cap casualties. I hope for that same deftness this year. Agholor is not any kind of upgrade from what we had last year personnel-wise. Anyone might prove more productive without Roman's ineptitude in the passing game, tho.
Lately that hasn't been happening either. Steve Smith was our last good one.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
On the generic NFL reddit, there is basically 100% unified hate for Agholor lol. It's not Ravens fans complaining. It's Eagles and Pats fans just saying that he's awful, shows no work ethic, isn't fast anymore, never gets open, and has rock hands.

Is this what Decosta meant when revamping the WR room? This FO has a reputation of being a great organization but lately with the moves they have made makes you question what's going on. I know we have our hands tied with Lamar but they could of just waited for cuts and probably picked up a WR at the same level as Agholor cause dude sucks.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Is this what Decosta meant when revamping the WR room? This FO has a reputation of being a great organization but lately with the moves they have made makes you question what's going on. I know we have our hands tied with Lamar but they could of just waited for cuts and probably picked up a WR at the same level as Agholor cause dude sucks.
No worries, LJ is gifting Nelson a Gym in the Can or whatever it is. Soon he will be Super Receiver! lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Smith was the best player on the team the moment he stepped on the field. I still can't believe we were able to get him.

I always wonder how the playoffs game goes if he doesn't miss that sack on Burrow. That was the moment he became a true Raven to me.

...or another stupid play doesn't fail miserably

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

This one's pretty good. I like that it ranks the players in consensus mock draft order, so it gives you a good feel of how players are viewed overall.
1679787367080.png

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
For some humor. Recall Joe Flacco actually through a 50 yard TD pass to Breshad Perriman.... Last year.... On the Jets. Smfh