• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
What was it? It's gone now

Called Steve a jackass billionaire with a plantation mentality which I think his harsh af

Steve might like to keep his pennies in his pocket but I would not call him that. We've been here before with other players so none of this is really anything new. Lamar is a bigger star than the others so we get more attention than usual.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

9535D465-D05F-4D46-A2E5-881E80F8C470.jpeg

He going hard like Nessa?! Dang

Why does he have such an axe to grind with Steve? It's been going on since last year. Did Steve take his girl or something? And if this is true, Steve needs to be relieved of ownership immediately. If it's not then it's slander & he [JLC] should not be allowed to work anymore.
Never really liked JLC much but this seems a bit out of character for him. Stevie must have peed in his cheerios.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Never really liked JLC much but this seems a bit out of character for him. Stevie must have peed in his cheerios.
He's been vocally critical of Steve and leadership in the org for many years now. Basically thinks Steve doesn't spend $ and is cheap.
Plantation thing was cute though. A big whiff, but cute.

He's been vocally critical of Steve and leadership in the org for many years now. Basically thinks Steve doesn't spend $ and is cheap.
Plantation thing was cute though. A big whiff, but cute.
Cute is not the word I would use. I would say it was harsh and stupid.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cute is not the word I would use. I would say it was harsh and stupid.
Ehh, I think its a great attempt to pull on everybody's sensitivity. Pretend like people making high six figures and 7 figure salaries are "slaves" being held against their will and forced to do things.

Stupid is correct, but I always appreciate when the media tries to get the natives all worked up by hitting the key words that spark outrage and bitching.

Ehh, I think its a great attempt to pull on everybody's sensitivity. Pretend like people making high six figures and 7 figure salaries are "slaves" being held against their will and forced to do things.

Stupid is correct, but I always appreciate when the media tries to get the natives all worked up by hitting the key words that spark outrage and bitching.
Lol, he didn’t call me a slave owner, my feelings are good. SB, on the other hand, might be havin some self guilt trips right now. Or prolly just ignoring the idiot. Lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

I hate when shit like that is said. It takes away the sting for if/when a time comes that someone is actually like that.

If you don't agree with someone, say that. All that extra shit is narrative based. I hate it when they do it to Lamar and I hate it when they do it to anyone else

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kind of a crazy fall from grace

Ehh, not really. I mean what were you expecting him to do? A lot of coordinators who get fired don't get coordinator jobs immediately. They either go back to being assistant or positional coaches on staffs, go to college, or take time off.

Can't really say I'm surprised. And if nothing else, he did get at least one confirmed interview for an OC job in the NFL. My guess is he'll be an OC in the NFL again in the not-too-distant future.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Ehh, not really. I mean what were you expecting him to do? A lot of coordinators who get fired don't get coordinator jobs immediately. They either go back to being assistant or positional coaches on staffs, go to college, or take time off.

Can't really say I'm surprised. And if nothing else, he did get at least one confirmed interview for an OC job in the NFL. My guess is he'll be an OC in the NFL again in the not-too-distant future.

Yeah I doubt he didn't get any calls from teams in regards to adding him in some compacity to their coaching staff.I'm sure Roman probbably has had desires to be a head coach and he probably should have got that chance especially after 2019 or even 2020 . Maybe this time off just gives him time to think about things and even reinvent himself as a coach or coordinator.

Last edited: