• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man I’m so fired up listening to Monken talk about the offense and how much control he’s giving Lamar

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
looking at stadium practice stuff

looks like ben cleveland isnt even the 2nd team LG lol - looks like 2nd team RG... again

looks like stephens with inside track on CB 3/DB 5
Noticed that too. Think his only saving grace is Mustipher is as bad as was advertised.

Not surprising at all that Stephens was out there as CB3. I think he's earned that role. Not sure why Harbs said he'd be a safety again.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Noticed that too. Think his only saving grace is Mustipher is as bad as was advertised.

Not surprising at all that Stephens was out there as CB3. I think he's earned that role. Not sure why Harbs said he'd be a safety again.
they absolutely should have brought back TCC, but maybe they didn't because Mekari can play center.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Couldn't remember where Mustipher came from and this comment flipped the switch. He's the bum from the bears right? The warned us.

And I think the DL might just be good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Look at the bend from 99

it's a good initial rush but that's not good bend lol
couldnt turn the corner effectively once moses pushed him off-balance

the initial rush looked great though - first step quickness and get off - good dip and rip - just couldn't maintain balance when flattening - not necessarily bad bend (might have just been unlucky with the timing of the shove from moses) but definitely not showing the loose hips or ankle flexion you'd normally see in good benders

rossihunter2

Staff Member
couple more observations from the stadium practice

Sala's hands and feet are messy - i really want him to succeed but got to be more consistent with his technique or we're gonna be complaining about him in pass pro on 3rd downs all year - on the plus side... he's a 6th round pick on his 4th day of training camp and no pads yet - he's got lots of time to hone his craft

offence looks way behind defence which isnt super surprising - more injuries on offence, more new pieces, completely new offence etc. etc. - but looked pretty stark just how much further ahead the defence was/is

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
couple more observations from the stadium practice

Sala's hands and feet are messy - i really want him to succeed but got to be more consistent with his technique or we're gonna be complaining about him in pass pro on 3rd downs all year - on the plus side... he's a 6th round pick on his 4th day of training camp and no pads yet - he's got lots of time to hone his craft

offence looks way behind defence which isnt super surprising - more injuries on offence, more new pieces, completely new offence etc. etc. - but looked pretty stark just how much further ahead the defence was/is
I definitely felt this way too. Really wish JK and Bateman were out there

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
maybe im wrong about this but looked like justice hill was ahead of gus edwards in terms of depth chart and reps too...
I definitely saw that too. Tbh the most concerning thing for me was that I don't think Duv even got a target. Literally everyone else including Sean Ryan got a reception.

Proche, Treadwell, and Black got most of the action after OBJ

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I definitely saw that too. Tbh the most concerning thing for me was that I don't think Duv even got a target. Literally everyone else including Sean Ryan got a reception.

Proche, Treadwell, and Black got most of the action after OBJ

im less concerned about that - none of the 1st team receivers looked particularly eye-opening on the outside at the stadium practice
not saying duvernay's magically great - but i wouldnt worry so much about targets

proche got targets but clearly as a stand-in for zay flowers (got all those types of reps in his place)
treadwell and black arent getting those targets from lamar...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i dont want to panic because it is early but was not impressed with sala at all

defence through a bunch at him but yeah didnt look like a guy id expect to be the leader in the clubhouse to be a starter... and yet he's getting all the reps (maybe it was just a bad practice)

happy to give the benefit of the doubt... hot day, other OL were struggling too, first time at M&T with a crowd, defence giving lots of different/difficult looks

lots of reasons why he shouldnt look good - but a little concerning that he looked that unimpressive

redrum52

Hall of Famer
maybe im wrong about this but looked like justice hill was ahead of gus edwards in terms of depth chart and reps too...

That injury rehab must have triggered something in him cause he looked so much smoother last year than previously. Not shocked with how he finished the season and being a better option in the passing game.