• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
im less concerned about that - none of the 1st team receivers looked particularly eye-opening on the outside at the stadium practice
not saying duvernay's magically great - but i wouldnt worry so much about targets

proche got targets but clearly as a stand-in for zay flowers (got all those types of reps in his place)
treadwell and black arent getting those targets from lamar...
I feel like it's VERY clear that the WR room is squarely Bateman and OBJ at the top. Flowers at WR3 and will get a ton of action. Then Nelson is probably your next option that will have a real role.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i dont want to panic because it is early but was not impressed with sala at all

defence through a bunch at him but yeah didnt look like a guy id expect to be the leader in the clubhouse to be a starter... and yet he's getting all the reps (maybe it was just a bad practice)

happy to give the benefit of the doubt... hot day, other OL were struggling too, first time at M&T with a crowd, defence giving lots of different/difficult looks

lots of reasons why he shouldnt look good - but a little concerning that he looked that unimpressive
Did you think the whole OL looked pretty bad? Because I certainly did. Not excusing him. Just saying maybe there's a general lag in this Monken offense right now

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel like it's VERY clear that the WR room is squarely Bateman and OBJ at the top. Flowers at WR3 and will get a ton of action. Then Nelson is probably your next option that will have a real role.
Is Bateman playing yet?

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Simba

Staff Member
I would say at the skill positions that pecking order isn't really a thing at this stage. More pairings/groupings that work together than some sort of depth chart standing. For instance, guys like Treadwell and Black are likely to get more reps because they're likely the ones that are going to be playing a bulk of the snaps in preseason. Kinda like the Michael Floyd year where he got a lot of reps and early in preseason, but was never really in consideration.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I would say at the skill positions that pecking order isn't really a thing at this stage. More pairings/groupings that work together than some sort of depth chart standing. For instance, guys like Treadwell and Black are likely to get more reps because they're likely the ones that are going to be playing a bulk of the snaps in preseason. Kinda like the Michael Floyd year where he got a lot of reps and early in preseason, but was never really in consideration.
You just brought back nasty memories. I'd completely forgotten a bunch of guys we've had on this roster and it's better to keep that trauma buried deep.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im less concerned about that - none of the 1st team receivers looked particularly eye-opening on the outside at the stadium practice
not saying duvernay's magically great - but i wouldnt worry so much about targets

proche got targets but clearly as a stand-in for zay flowers (got all those types of reps in his place)
treadwell and black arent getting those targets from lamar...
If anything I’m happy to hear the lacking receiver room was getting handled by our starting secondary

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im looking forward to a healthy Charlie Kolar. Hoping he can create some competition and push Likely for snaps. Andrews has been doing way too much, and the guys behind him are talented enough to log meaningful snaps.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im looking forward to a healthy Charlie Kolar. Hoping he can create some competition and push Likely for snaps. Andrews has been doing way too much, and the guys behind him are talented enough to log meaningful snaps.
I’m looking forward to Proche breaking out, he’s the next Anquan Bolden, he just needs more reps and actual route concepts to put defenders in conflict. Greg Roman is the reason he allogatored the Hail Mary in the playoffs, with Monken he would be in the right spot to catch it. Breakout season for Proche coming.

This mofo better be cut, couldn’t even catch a gift for us