• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m looking forward to Proche breaking out, he’s the next Anquan Bolden, he just needs more reps and actual route concepts to put defenders in conflict. Greg Roman is the reason he allogatored the Hail Mary in the playoffs, with Monken he would be in the right spot to catch it. Breakout season for Proche coming.

This mofo better be cut, couldn’t even catch a gift for us
isn't Proche our backup QB?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Depending on oweh and obajo for our pass rush. Rock ya sin probably gonna be a liability and we need a slot cb
Your spot on dude, the lack of pass rush is scaring me too. We have all the talent in the world there, just need to see it on the score sheet Sunday

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have no idea. What does a hold in even mean?
That was my thought. Kinda sounds like JK is throwing a semi professional temper tantrum while also acknowledging the Ravens have him by the balls.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nope. Showed up and is playing the injury card and is on PUP because of that. He's protected himself from that at least.
I think this will be something the NFL will look to "close" in the next CBA or sooner. Basically its very easy to fake an injury and just go on the PUP list. I suspect the NFL will try to make sure PUP is being used in instances where the team physicians haven't cleared a player to practice, rather than a player not clearing himself.

Simba

Staff Member
I think this will be something the NFL will look to "close" in the next CBA or sooner. Basically its very easy to fake an injury and just go on the PUP list. I suspect the NFL will try to make sure PUP is being used in instances where the team physicians haven't cleared a player to practice, rather than a player not clearing himself.

How does injury card hold up against all the offseason videos of his workouts?

The Ravens could fight it if they wanted to, but don't think they have any interest in opening up another Irsay/Taylor scenario. In fact, there have been a couple of reporters who said that the Ravens are open to sweetening the pot for Dobbins. May not be an extension, but could be something similar to what Barkley took in NY - some incentives that would motivate him to play well and earn that long-term deal.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Nope. Showed up and is playing the injury card and is on PUP because of that. He's protected himself from that at least.
So he is gonna just not practice and learn the new offense and think he's gonna earn a big contract this year by just trotting out there week 1?

Simba

Staff Member
So he is gonna just not practice and learn the new offense and think he's gonna earn a big contract this year by just trotting out there week 1?
Maybe. Don't think we're anywhere near that being reality yet though. If he's not out there in the next 2 or so weeks, then maybe it gets a little more dicey. But as of now, it seems like the sides are working toward something. Hidden in Jeff's mentions is that Dobbins' agent was at the facility today. Flowers shares an agent too so no guarantees, but can't imagine he's just there on a friendly visit...