• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
Don’t forget that Hurst requested a trade as well because of how he was being utilized
Hurst was a little different of a scenario. As on older rookie, he wanted out so he could be TE1 somewhere and get that contract before time ran out. Just happened to fall behind Andrews with the injury and Andrews never relented.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Harbs get his out.
Now he can move on from his friend without publicly shaming him.
Wasn't that what was being surmised last year near the end of the season, that the Ravens were done with both the Wink and Roman but that for "continuity" they were probably going to stick with Roman so as not to shake things up too much and since he was not under contract after this year he would be out anyway without "having to do anything?" Someone mentioned this. I don't know if it was one of the posters here or a "report" from somewhere.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
we need options and depth

dont need world beaters everywhere when we've got a superstar in Andrews and a guy in Bateman who's already basically uncoverable (but is also unfortunately apparently made of glass)
Why not have world-beaters everywhere? The more weapons the better!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know he's a tight end but I think at times we undervalue how good Mark Andrew's really is . Surrounding him with a number 1 wide receiver would be good but if The Ravens can atleast get just a solid receiver at the level of Anquan Boldin or Torrey Smith that probably would help alot with this offense to go along with Bateman and Duvernay.
None of the cats on the Ravens roster are at those guys' level in my book. And, I'm not sold on Bateman or Duvernay being the beast that I need them to be. Never have been.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Rashee rice is the wr I want in the draft. YAC stud, just real sharp and twitchy and explosive in his movements, vertically explosive too, size, length, attacks the ball well. He’s the exact guy who can take a short easy completion and make more out of it just to take some of the load off the qb. I like dontayvion wicks too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Rashee rice is the wr I want in the draft. YAC stud, just real sharp and twitchy and explosive in his movements, vertically explosive too, size, length, attacks the ball well. He’s the exact guy who can take a short easy completion and make more out of it just to take some of the load off the qb. I like dontayvion wicks too

i feel like we watched different guys with how you describe rashee rice - i dont see explosion or twitch at all - feel like he feasted on some awful DBs

awesome in contested situations
do love the YAC stuff - super physical with the ball in his hands

but...
doesnt separate with any sort of frequency
really sticky hands but too many drops
so many of his plays where he's not contested were him walking into wide open windows - rarely tested with physical press or physical play by DBs anywhere outside of at the catch
non-existent route-tree and not much craftsmanship in his route running at all

he's got a great trait to hang his hat on and has that WR alpha mentality on the outside at the catch point but i dont see someone i can feel comfortable with taking as high as it's being suggested he should go right now

Wicks is real nice though - has a chance to massively improve his draft stock if he has a good senior bowl and tests well - jim nagy was saying he had some 2nd round grades before going back to school - the extra year in college has hurt him i think but i assume he'll steadily rise up boards as more people watch him beyond just the box score

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Two things have to happen for Lamar to be signed to a long-term deal. One, get rid of GRo, and two, trade for a legit #1 WR. Otherwise, please let him go to a team that pays him and helps him excel. You will do the league a favor by preserving Lamar's greatness for the world to see.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man I have always been a Evans fan dude has grit. I would love him here
He is extremely under appreciated becuase his QBs have been garbage before Brady but he still buts up 9 straight 1k seasons

JO_75

Hall of Famer
One thing to keep in mind tonight watching the Cowboys/Bucs game.... if Tampa wins then we have the 22nd Pick, if Dallas wins then we have the 23rd Pick.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Rice was my 2 target after Odunze. Now that Odunze went back to school.. I’m all in the Rice train!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
it's actually 22nd and 21st because of miami's forfeited pick
Oh yeah... forgot Minnesota would have the 23rd pick due to their 13-3 record. Either way it smells like a trade down scenario to get more picks depending on how the offseason plays out.

Mark Jackson

Practice Squad
The Ravens need a fundamental change, because right now that fire they used to have is just gone. I don't want us to be like the Cowboys of the AFC. A team that's just slightly too good/competitive each year to ever actually reset things, but still noticably behind the top teams and not catching up.
Agree. And that’s exactly what it feels like we’re becoming