• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Mark was consistently good this year as he always has been. When Mark was out, Likely popped off in his place multiple times. Likely was also dominant as TE1 in the preseason. But when Mark and Likely were playing together, Likely was basically a ghost.

Does this just mean that Roman's scheme was super TE1 friendly and basically garbage for TE2? Because it wasn't just Likely, but also Oliver and to a baby extent Boyle.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of all the parts of the bible he picks Romans? Piss off you useless twat.
lol I didnt notice that , but if that was a troll job by Proche its a 10/10

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep... we definitely trading back for more picks.

Going to need that 3rd and future picks if they want to secure Hopkins.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
For all the guys in team “trade back”… don’t be to quick to give up the first.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
If Roman isn’t back next year, fingers crossed, do we bring back Ricard? Cutting him would save $4mil in cap space and we still have Ben Mason on the PS who we could bring up for cheap.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Roman isn’t back next year, fingers crossed, do we bring back Ricard? Cutting him would save $4mil in cap space and we still have Ben Mason on the PS who we could bring up for cheap.
Mason just isn't that good. As long as we're a run heavy team we'll keep Ricard. His blocking is a big part of our run game.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fair question. Would depend on who the OC is and what type of scheme we run. If we bring in somebody who doesn't use fullbacks, he's a pretty easy cut in my opinion.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mason just isn't that good. As long as we're a run heavy team we'll keep Ricard. His blocking is a big part of our run game.
Fair question. Would depend on who the OC is and what type of scheme we run. If we bring in somebody who doesn't use fullbacks, he's a pretty easy cut in my opinion.
I could see it both ways and the key is Lamar. If we resign him, I expect a significant shift in offensive philosophy. If we trade Lamar and say go for a rookie QB, Ricard stays and i'd expect us to stay in safer run heavy packages to ease the transition.

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's no justin jefferson in this draft
You know I don’t watch the draft film, i rely on you for that. I wasn’t speaking specifically to WR either, just an example of quality players to be found later in the first. I don’t want additional 3/4 round picks were the Ravens seem to be feast or famine under DeCosta. Seems very much on his game in the 1st Round

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jefferson went 22nd in '20. Since then, teams aren't playing. They jump half the round to get their guy, no matter the cost. We won't do that.
Well, sort of. The overall premise is usually getting quality receivers before the end of day 2. There's tons of really good WRs who weren't round 1 draft picks in recent years.

Tee Higgins
Michael Pittman
Chase Claypool
Deebo Samuel
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf
Diontae Johnson
Terry McLaurin
Courtland Sutton
Christian Kirk
DJ Chark
Michael Gallup

Those guys were all day 2 picks between 2019-2021. Round 2 has been quite lucrative for WRs in recent years.