• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
He is so explosive. Green Bay needed a WR3, but imagine him as a slot receiver or as a punt/kick returner. Wow! Put that man in the open field and channel your inner Tyreek Hill in terms of speed and change of direction.

For sure. If he was 2 inches taller, he'd be a 1st round pick. His ability to separate, and the speed he maintains in the post-catch cuts is outright impressive.

I would be lying if I said his weight was not a slight concern. He could use to add a little weight for his own protection but if he is used properly it should not be a big deal. Weight can be added, but you can't teach speed, wiggle, explosion. Most of the elite WRs are 180-200 pounds give or take. He's a game changer every time he touches the ball.

I would be lying if I said his weight was not a slight concern. He could use to add a little weight for his own protection but if he is used properly it should not be a big deal. Weight can be added, but you can't teach speed, wiggle, explosion. Most of the elite WRs are 180-200 pounds give or take. He's a game changer every time he touches the ball.
At this point in the draft his upside is well worth the risks. Excellent pick

I know I am up, I just know that Truth wanted to trade to the pick that was skipped, the trade is in place (more or less, just awaiting conformation) and I don´t want someone after me to pick his guy while he waits.

Ozzsome

Practice Squad
Rashee Rice could be an absolute sleeper in todays NFL. He's a YAC Monster and can highpoint the football.
The only thing that is concerning to me are his ball handling issues. I think I have seen 4 games of His and he fumbled in every single one of it. If he cannot shore this up, He will have a very short NFL career and propably never get a real chance to show his potential

Rashee Rice could be an absolute sleeper in todays NFL. He's a YAC Monster and can highpoint the football.
The only thing that is concerning to me are his ball handling issues. I think I have seen 4 games of His and he fumbled in every single one of it. If he cannot shore this up, He will have a very short NFL career and propably never get a real chance to show his potential
No doubt there are concerns with Rice and this is probably why he lasted until the mid-3rd round. He has had some fumbling issues and he was not asked to run an extensive route tree at Texas A&M. I think it is clear that he can run the full route tree. Also, the fumbling issue should be resolved by coaching and having him focus more on ball security. I drafted as a WR4 to start behind St Brown, Mike Evans and Michael Gallup. That should give him some time to clean up those issues. That being said, his size, speed, ability to make contested catches along with the attributes you described were too enticing to pass up.