• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

So I had this thing again were I cannot post anything or write messages before I re-activate my account, hence Earl picked for me. This happened to me last week aswell.
Anybody else having those issues?

Yeah, I had that issue happening to me over and over. Had to keep reconfirming my account and then my notifications were all jacked up. Had to go into my preferences and adjust them. Every thread I ever posted in would tell me if someone had posted. It was pretty annoying

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nothing I love more than players who drop after the combine. Like we watched them be good on the field but because they could not do a cone drill well suddenly they are not a good prospect? Conversely, I watch WRs be unable to get open, but suddenly they run a great 40 time and they climb and then they inevitably bomb and everyone gets confused but learns nothing.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Which player dropped cause of that in your case?
Carter for me was a player who if the draft was the day after the Bowl games, I do not think he makes it past pick 50, but suddenly a bad combine and people are talking him as a 3rd round prospect.

Vorhees dropped due to injury but again was a 2nd round talent (though late 2nd) and when trying to draft a G for the next decade 1 year is not the end of the world.

Meanwhile with Brooks he dominated the competition he faced, and yes it was not Alabama every week but dominant is dominant so then they go to the measurables and try to explain why that wont happen but I saw a man dominate his competition. It is like when watching the preseason, you are looking for someone who looks like they just outclass the players across from them and Brooks did (though he will probably take a year to learn but I think that of most rookies).

On Carter, I don´t see him in the top 50, I see him as a 3rd/4th rounder. He is raw with tons of potential and upside but carries some risk with him. I think he will need at least 1 year, if not 2 to really get going. And I think he was picked right around where I think he should go. Like his upside and was on my list as well.

Vorhees only dropped cause of injury and probably won´t play in his rookie year, so yes, he will probably drop at least to the 3rd round. But i agree, he will be a very solid and consistent starter for a decade.

I gotta admit, have not seen a lot of Brooks, but I have him as a round 3 guy.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Great picks in Ekyior and Vaughn. I thought Vaughn would be available in the 5th for me, slide under the radar.