• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Little bit of an enigmatic duo, but I think Wilson is arguably a Day 2 talent if not for the injuries. Who knows if he'll be able to shake them in the pros? He could legitimately be out of the league in a few years. But he does profile as someone with starting traits and I was impressed by what he showed at the Senior Bowl. And the character is unquestioned as a team captain at Stanford. And someone whom legitimately finished out multiple drives with a broken foot.

Washington, on the other hand, will likely have a role for several seasons, I'm just unsure to what extent. He lacks the suddenness and the nuance to develop as a route runner, something he might never be adept at. But he was also highly effective at starting under specific zones and slyly drifting behind them at the intermediate levels and his ball skills are outright elite. I think as a No.3 option at best in the passing game, he should be someone whom could see some playing time in an offense that promotes improvisation.

Darius Rush is a really intriguing prospect here at the top of the 4th. Athletic as hell, great size, but needs development since he is a converted WR who had only been playing CB a couple years. Is a hard worker who played admirably last year as a starting SEC CB on a Gamecocks team that had almost no pass rush.

If he hits anywhere near his ceiling he's a plus starting CB with size and speed. At worst he's going to be an excellent special teamer.

Wink will develop and love a player like this.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Love the Brown pick. Perhaps the highest BPA target on my board. I don't know if he's ever going to be a Pro-Bowler, but I think he's someone whom could start very quickly into his NFL career.

Ozzsome

Practice Squad
I love Brown, I thought for sure I could get him a bit later. He seems to be ranked ultra low on every board.
Great Pick!

Browm is a great pick at this point, had him high on my board as well and he would not have gotten past the Steelers with my next pick.
over to my pick...

Tyler Steen is still somewhat raw, switching to OT from DT just a couple years ago, but started all games at LT for bama, which is not too bad.
He has good size and is an ok athlete, so I think he could develop into a nice Swing Tackle at the minimum or a switch inside to OG (which he played very well at the senior bowl), with the potential to grow into a good starter at the next level, given some time to work on his technique. (Which in theory should be possible with my OL situation and an actual OL Coach this year).

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
I'll just be frank here... the skips are getting ridiculous. We've been at this for a little over 2 weeks and we're at almost 5 days being blown entirely due to skips. I understand life happens but it's not that hard to be considerate.