• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Broncos

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Anyone know how to post a tweet. Thought I figured out how and it says I don’t have permission.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I’m generally optimistic but I’m skeptical about the season with the O line personnel presently on the squad. We had the chance and ability in the draft to help the situation but chose not to do so. Huge mistake IMO.
I agree, I think we may have been best served to address the o-line more than just picking up Zeus Jr., at least for this season.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watch the Broncos game closely. Maybe they’ll lose someone and that’ll play a role into our game next week

I'm watching this Broncos-Raiders game Oak is putting on plenty of pressure and they don't have much of a pass rush.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm watching this Broncos-Raiders game Oak is putting on plenty of pressure and they don't have much of a pass rush.
The Broncos oline has one good player on it. Well Leary is solid, but the rest of that line is really bad. Like terribad. Like Bills level bad. And they don't have the offensive firepower the Bengals do offensively to be a tangible threat.

Von Miller is the only threat that might win them the game vs us next week. We shit the bed, but so did Jacksonville in week 2 last year. I am not worried about next week at all.

The Broncos oline has one good player on it. Well Leary is solid, but the rest of that line is really bad. Like terribad. Like Bills level bad. And they don't have the offensive firepower the Bengals do offensively to be a tangible threat.

Von Miller is the only threat that might win them the game vs us next week. We shit the bed, but so did Jacksonville in week 2 last year. I am not worried about next week at all.
Yeah we have to make sure we don't let Miller wreck the game for us. Outside of that I like our chances against them.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yeah we have to make sure we don't let Miller wreck the game for us. Outside of that I like our chances against them.
Our next few games are vs. Broncos, @Steelers, @Browns, @Titans.

Now none of those games are easy, but if this team can come out of that stretch at least 3-1, the division might just be ours. Steelers and Browns scare me more than the Titans and Broncos. I think the Titans straight up suck even if Mariota comes back and that the Broncos have a porous offense.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We just hope that our pass rush shows its presence against a subpar offensive line from an orange team for once.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Now none of those games are easy, but if this team can come out of that stretch at least 3-1, the division might just be ours. Steelers and Browns scare me more than the Titans and Broncos. I think the Titans straight up suck even if Mariota comes back and that the Broncos have a porous offense.

Wishful thinking! I don't see that happening! It could but I don't see it happening nor do I expect it to. The Broncos look and are playing like trash today-against the Raiders, a division opponent. Those games always tough. But, they'll come out here to M&T next week and the Ravens will may them look like SB Champs. I'm sick of it!

GO RAVENS!!

Last edited:

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wishful thinking! I don't see that happening! It could but I don't see it happening nor do I expect it to. The Broncos look and are playing like trash today-against the Raiders, a division opponent. Those games always tough. But, they'll come out here to M&T next week and the Ravens will may them look like SB Champs. I'm sick of it!

GO RAVENS!!
Did you read what you just said?

You said the Broncos are playing like trash, but since they’re playing a division opponent it doesn’t matter.

Then spew shit about how we are terrible but don’t use the same excuse. Don’t make the excuse if you won’t use it for both teams. You can’t have it both ways. You’re getting to Ray Ray levels of ridiculousness.

Man, I really want that Steelers game. They're vulnerable and I pray that Bell continues his hold out. It will make our job a lot easier, It just sucks that we won't have Jimmy for that game yet again but we'll have to make due.

I really like our chances against the Titans because their offense is very shaky and I think their defense is not as good as some make it out to be. We can start this off 4-2 or 5-1 better yet and we'll be in the driver seat for the division because we'll still get Cincinatti at home.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did you read what you just said?

You said the Broncos are playing like trash, but since they’re playing a division opponent it doesn’t matter.

Then spew shit about how we are terrible but don’t use the same excuse. Don’t make the excuse if you won’t use it for both teams. You can’t have it both ways. You’re getting to Ray Ray levels of ridiculousness.

So here you go again @DeVito52 thinking that you are the sum total of all Ravens wisdom. RayRay? Ridiculousness? GTFO with that foolishness! Lol! I know the Ravens played a tough division opponent last week in the Bengals but my issue with them is greater than that.

After all of the damn hype up about the O-line being healthy, Flacco being healthy, Yanda being healthy and having better WR's etc., they still went out there and stunk up the joint. Offensively and defensively! It's on tape! It's not going away! Sure, we were missing a few pieces but all teams go through that. And, I know that we're only 2 games but I can't stand what I'm already seeing with this team already. To me, it's shades of past seasons. The same ole' same ole'.

Last edited:
There's such a strong overreaction from last weeks game. I understand that we did not look good but keep in mind that this team is missing a lot of players and it's still a work in progress. We are definitely feeling the loss of Jimmy Smith, Willie Henry and Hayden Hurst. While I understand that Hurst is a rookie and there's no telling how he'll produce, we definitely need a TE who can be a consistent receiving threat. This defense is not even at it's full potential and this OL is obviously still working on gelling together. I think the staff would love to have Zeus out there, I just think they're waiting for the right time. Once that happens they can plug him there and move Hurst to LG which is where he'll be better off at. I still think this team has loads of potential and we could be in for a big year.

I mean, the Bengals flat out own us. Did you guys not forget 2014? No Green, no Marvin Jones, no Eifert and they STILL beat us. Think about the advantage we had on them last year as well. This team just has our number and know how to play us better then anyone else in the league and the jungle is a place Joe struggles at more then anywhere else by far.

Please calm down people.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There's such a strong overreaction from last weeks game. I understand that we did not look good but keep in mind that this team is missing a lot of players and it's still a work in progress. We are definitely feeling the loss of Jimmy Smith, Willie Henry and Hayden Hurst. While I understand that Hurst is a rookie and there's no telling how he'll produce, we definitely need a TE who can be a consistent receiving threat. This defense is not even at it's full potential and this OL is obviously still working on gelling together. I think the staff would love to have Zeus out there, I just think they're waiting for the right time. Once that happens they can plug him there and move Hurst to LG which is where he'll be better off at. I still think this team has loads of potential and we could be in for a big year.

I mean, the Bengals flat out own us. Did you guys not forget 2014? No Green, no Marvin Jones, no Eifert and they STILL beat us. Think about the advantage we had on them last year as well. This team just has our number and know how to play us better then anyone else in the league and the jungle is a place Joe struggles at more then anywhere else by far.

Please calm down people.

Very well said!

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the second half Ravens is more like us. We seemed to outmatch Cinci in the second half. I think we'll go 2-1.
I think so as well, but you never know with this team. It's hard to say what'll happen because they're a week to week team. I do think it's telling that we were better in the second half, which is great in many ways because it means we can adjust and it means we can overcome bad odds. In that way, the game was great because we still fought to come back and nobody gave up. The team does have promise just have to avoid that from happening again, and I hope we're putting Young at MLB with more reps to learn the calls to avoid any other guys having to do that again. Ol' Onwuasor can't handle that one.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think so as well, but you never know with this team. It's hard to say what'll happen because they're a week to week team. I do think it's telling that we were better in the second half, which is great in many ways because it means we can adjust and it means we can overcome bad odds. In that way, the game was great because we still fought to come back and nobody gave up. The team does have promise just have to avoid that from happening again, and I hope we're putting Young at MLB with more reps to learn the calls to avoid any other guys having to do that again. Ol' Onwuasor can't handle that one.

And THAT has been and is my whole issue!

The Ravens are consistent at one thing.....being inconsistent! And unlike some Ravens fans; I'm sick of it!

Can they get better? Of course...every team can! The question is; "Will they get better?" That's what remains to be seen.

I think the second half Ravens is more like us. We seemed to outmatch Cinci in the second half. I think we'll go 2-1.
Agreed, that's our month and while the 2nd half of the year is much tougher, I like our chances since this team is much better then years past. This is definitely our best team since our SB year so we should fare better.

And THAT has been and is my whole issue!

The Ravens are consistent at one thing.....being inconsistent! And unlike some Ravens fans; I'm sick of it!

Can they get better? Of course...every team can! The question is; "Will they get better?" That's what remains to be seen.
We've been that kind of team for a long time. I don't think Joe or the defense being inconsistent is anything new. Go back to our 2011 season, we beat all the great teams and laid duds against teams we were supposed to beat, ex: Seattle, Jacksonville, Chargers, and it was the same thing our SB year. I understand that we're tired of it, trust me I am to but that doesn't mean we're going to be a bad team by any stretch.