• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Vs. Broncos

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We've been that kind of team for a long time. I don't think Joe or the defense being inconsistent is anything new. Go back to our 2011 season, we beat all the great teams and laid duds against teams we were supposed to beat, ex: Seattle, Jacksonville, Chargers, and it was the same thing our SB year. I understand that we're tired of it, trust me I am to but that doesn't mean we're going to be a bad team by any stretch.

It's not about Joe or the defense being inconsistent being "anything new". It's the acceptance of that mediocrity that pisses me off.

And I agree, it doesn't mean that the Ravens will be a bad team (I hope not) but it also doesn't mean that they won't.

GO RAVENS!

It's not about Joe or the defense being inconsistent being "anything new". It's the acceptance of that mediocrity that pisses me off.

And I agree, it doesn't mean that the Ravens will be a bad team (I hope not) but it also doesn't mean that they won't.

GO RAVENS!
I'm tired of it as well and It's annoying but we've been dealing with this for a long time and we've still had some really good years that included a SB title while dealing with it. I don't think we should accept it at all, but I think there's been a bit of an overreaction towards it as we can have a good week and everyone will be happy with where the team is going, then follow it up with a complete dud and have everyone think the sky is falling. I hope we can fix our issues of inconsistency but I don't think it's going to define our season, that's just how I view it.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm tired of it as well and It's annoying but we've been dealing with this for a long time and we've still had some really good years that included a SB title while dealing with it. I don't think we should accept it at all, but I think there's been a bit of an overreaction towards it as we can have a good week and everyone will be happy with where the team is going, then follow it up with a complete dud and have everyone think the sky is falling. I hope we can fix our issues of inconsistency but I don't think it's going to define our season, that's just how I view it.
icdia.jpg

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The good new is Kennum has been prone to interceptions so our secondary may take advantage of that. Outside of that, I worry about this game. We need this W for H2H WC tiebreaker purposes.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think if we stop the run and force Keenun to win it for them, then we should do well. And their secondary doesn't worry me too much. I think we can get the ball out quickly to our TEs and Snead into the middle of their defense to pick up chunks of yards. I just hope our o-line finally remembers how to runblock.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I think if we stop the run and force Keenun to win it for them, then we should do well. And their secondary doesn't worry me too much. I think we can get the ball out quickly to our TEs and Snead into the middle of their defense to pick up chunks of yards. I just hope our o-line finally remembers how to runblock.
Chris Harris is certainly a problem, but the rest of that secondary isn't. We find a way to slow Von Miller down, we are going to win. The rest of the defense is good, but is probably worse than the Bengals unit. Brandon Marshall is a quality player and Bradley Chubb has immense upside too. Todd Davis is a good run defender.

Honestly. I still see us starting Hurst in this game, much to my dismay. Harbaugh probably doesn't want to throw the rookie out there vs. Von Miller.

We have a better team than the Broncos do.. But Von Miller is a game wrecker who can single handedly win this for us. Harbaugh's dumbass decision to start Hurst at RT was a major reason we lost to the Bengals, and if we start Hurst again, we lose this game even though we have no business doing so.. And honestly, if this happens his time in Baltimore is up as far as I'm concerned. We could easily start the first quarter of the season 3-1, but it could just as easily be 1-3. If Hurst starts at RT.. I fear the worst.

Tank

Hall of Famer
We've been that kind of team for a long time. I don't think Joe or the defense being inconsistent is anything new. Go back to our 2011 season, we beat all the great teams and laid duds against teams we were supposed to beat, ex: Seattle, Jacksonville, Chargers, and it was the same thing our SB year. I understand that we're tired of it, trust me I am to but that doesn't mean we're going to be a bad team by any stretch.
If one would follow any team closely watching every play of every game you would quickly learn that to a point all teams are inconsistent, have good players that make bad plays and sometimes have bad games. What separates the winners and losers is being able to win even when you are not at your best.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
we've never won 5 in a row under harbaugh and more importantly we've lost that comeback ability which we had during the Ray and Ed era before harbaugh took over the team.

Now would be a good time to prove that we're not what all of us pretty much deep down feel. The same old team since the SB.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Per Zrebiec: Ravens are expected to resign Albert McClellan. I hope they don't let him play CJ's role. No speed at all and he was more of a SAM when he last played. Why not Bowman if CJ's out for a longer time?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Per Zrebiec: Ravens are expected to resign Albert McClellan. I hope they don't let him play CJ's role. No speed at all and he was more of a SAM when he last played. Why not Bowman if CJ's out for a longer time?
Bowman isn't on a team right now for a reason.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If one would follow any team closely watching every play of every game you would quickly learn that to a point all teams are inconsistent, have good players that make bad plays and sometimes have bad games. What separates the winners and losers is being able to win even when you are not at your best.

I definitely agree but all of that goes without saying. In competition there will always be ups and down, good performances and bad performances. That's the nature of competition. The issue for me is that I follow the Ravens....to hell with other teams (lol) and what's pissing me off about the Ravens is that we're only 2 games into the new season and I'm already seeing the demons of a few short seasons past (i.e. sluggish offense, staled offense, QB tossing boneheaded picks, no running game, no defensive pass rush etc.) raise its ugly head with our team! I can't trust stuff like that. I'm not wired that way! I need to see them do differently!

GO RAVENS!!

I definitely agree but all of that goes without saying. In competition there will always be ups and down, good performances and bad performances. That's the nature of competition. The issue for me is that I follow the Ravens....to hell with other teams (lol) and what's pissing me off about the Ravens is that we're only 2 games into the new season and I'm already seeing the demons of a few short seasons past (i.e. sluggish offense, staled offense, QB tossing boneheaded picks, no running game, no defensive pass rush etc.) raise its ugly head with our team! I can't trust stuff like that. I'm not wired that way! I need to see them do differently!

GO RAVENS!!

Keep your chin up Militant. You guys will be back. I'm not impressed with my Packers either.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
For me the key is to show that we can WIN vs good teams even if we're missing a piece or two. That's the sign of a team that's turned a corner.