• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Titans

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
What has happened with Lamar and Flacco on the field at the same time up to this point has been extremely predictable to me and even Stevie Wonder can see that! This is football not rocket science.
I wonder how we scored a touchdown off of one of those plays if they’re so predictable?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder how we scored a touchdown off of one of those plays if they’re so predictable?

Right! Who did Lamar throw a TD pass to again using those plays?

I could be wrong but I don’t recall running stretch as a focal point last year like we did against Cleveland, I remember a lot of sweeps and pitch plays which worked extremely well, mostly due to, guess what, our TEs blocking well in space, maxx and Collins together were deadly on those sweeps last year, and we were consistently creative and unpredictable, I didn’t see an ounce of creativity last week and we were extremely predictable, load one side with TEs and then run stretch to that side, on first and 10. It was just too predictable.

Late reply, but it wasn't the focal point however it was definitely featured. I think you might have a point in the sense that we ran it more then we should have, but I think at this point they're looking towards every avenue in terms of running the football in trying to stretch the width of the field because as of now, almost nothing has worked through five games.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Late reply, but it wasn't the focal point however it was definitely featured. I think you might have a point in the sense that we ran it more then we should have, but I think at this point they're looking towards every avenue in terms of running the football in trying to stretch the width of the field because as of now, almost nothing has worked through five games.
Except our very first run of the game lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I love how people say the lamar plays are wasted when they don’t even realize the 2 TDs he would’ve scored against pitt if not for outside factors out of his control, and not realizing what he does to draw defenses when he runs the option

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Personnel groupings 2018 and (2017)
Ravens: 11 personnel 47% (32%) vs. league average 63% (52%). Last in 2017 and second to last in 2018.
Ravens: 12 personnel 26% (46%) vs. league average 18% (25%)
Ravens: 22 personnel 10% (7%) vs. league average 3% (3%)

We got 3 WRs but overall they only play together for <55% of all snaps. I know we have 3 TEs who are also pass catchers. The "need" to have extra TE's in to help out Hurst is also a factor. But in my eyes we don't use our WRs the right way. As of now we don't take advantage of it and that clearly limits our offense.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
What are you even saying? I guess you don’t remember Collins scoring off of a Lamar play? That wouldn’t fit your narrative I guess

What am I saying? Wouldn't fit my narrative? Smh!

At times when Lamar has been on the field, Flacco has been spread out wide. Now, do people really think that Flacco's about to run down field as a receiver? I highly doubt it! Not saying that he couldn't or won't do it this season but up to this point; 5 games in....it hasn't happened yet. Lamar mostly runs after receving the snap and THAT'S what's been so pr-eeee-dict-able to me no matter how you cats want to try and spin it!

I honestly believe that your misconception about my posts seems to be that I am completely against Lamar's skills and what a threat he presents to defenses in the "guessing game". That's not the case! I'm against his nearly always running the ball after the snap.

I'd love to see Lamar have the opportunities to pass it more for the big plays cause after seeing the same ole stuff when he's out there for 5 weeks now, to me his passing the ball out of the RPO plays would be "unpredictable" because up to this point, he has mostly run the ball and everyone can see that coming! Like I said; even Stevie Wonder...lol!

I love how people say the lamar plays are wasted when they don’t even realize the 2 TDs he would’ve scored against pitt if not for outside factors out of his control, and not realizing what he does to draw defenses when he runs the option

This may not have been addressed to me specifically @JoeyFlex5 but it is clearly within the context of what I posted so, I have to respond to it. It's the Militant way! Lol!

1st....I NEVER said that Lamar being on the field was "wasted plays". I said; "predictable". Lamar being on the field up to this point has been "predictable" to me. May not to others but definitely to me!

2nd...I "realize" everything that the RPO plays are designed to do when you have a dual-threat QB like Lamar on the field. Again, this is football not rocket science. Lol...

Last edited:
I used to dislike the Lamar plays but I've lightened up to it. It's definitely made defenses adjust and look at the Saints. They do a similar thing with Taysom Hill and it has worked wonders for them.

I'm interested to see how both QBs will be used after this week because we do have a match up with the Saints.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What am I saying? My narrative?

At times when Lamar has been on the field, Flacco has been spread out wide. Now, do people really think that Flacco's about to run down field as a receiver? I highly doubt! Not saying that he couldn't or won't do it this season but up to this point; 5 games in....it hasn't happened yet. Lamar mostly runs after receving the snap and THAT'S what's been so pr-eeee-dict-able to me no matter how you cats want to try and spin it!

I honestly believe that your misconception about my posts seems to be that I am completely against Lamar's skills and what a threat he presents to defenses in the "guessing game". That's not the case! I'm against his nearly always running the ball after the snap.

I'd love to see Lamar have the opportunities to pass it more for the big plays cause after seeing the same ole stuff when he's out there for 5 weeks now, to me his passing the ball out of the RPO plays would be "unpredictable" because up to this point, he has mostly run the ball.

This may not have been addressed to me specifically @JoeyFlex5 but it is clearly within the context of what I posted so, I have to respond to it. It's the Militant way! Lol!

1st....I NEVER said that Lamar being on the field was "wasted plays". I said; "predictable". Lamar being on the field up to this point has been "predictable" to me. May not to others but definitely to me!

2nd...I "realize" everything that the RPO plays are designed to do when you have a dual-threat QB on the field. Again, this is football not rocket science. Lol...
Actually I fell into the Facebook hole with idiots in the comment section about lamar specifically saying his snaps are wasted plays and do nothing, we just happened to be on that topic here too lol.

And yeah joe needs to hit the sideline when lamar steps on, unless joe is taking the snap and lamar is running a jet.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I used to dislike the Lamar plays but I've lightened up to it. It's definitely made defenses adjust and look at the Saints. They do a similar thing with Taysom Hill and it has worked wonders for them.

I'm interested to see how both QBs will be used after this week because we do have a match up with the Saints.
Taysom hill isn’t respected nearly as much by defenses and somehow that has made it more effective lol. Defenses are straight up scared of Lamar’s running, they go ALL OUT to stop him and don’t even bother with the rb. Hill fucking walked into the endzone Monday night and I don’t even think I recall an option.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Taysom hill isn’t respected nearly as much by defenses and somehow that has made it more effective lol. Defenses are straight up scared of Lamar’s running, they go ALL OUT to stop him and don’t even bother with the rb. Hill fucking walked into the endzone Monday night and I don’t even think I recall an option.
Lamar could litteraly run straight backwards and people would still be watching him. Would love to see him be the new Sam Koch to end games and sprint backwards lmao

Tank

Hall of Famer

Taysom Hill is an effing beast! He’s built like a tank(ha) does everything for them, lines up at QB, RB, WR, even returns kicks. He’s one of those guys that did church missions and entered the league as an “older” player. What a great find for the Saints. While Jackson is obviously the faster more elusive runner, he is not built as stoutly and could never withstand the hits that Hill can.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Taysom Hill is an effing beast! He’s built like a tank(ha) does everything for them, lines up at QB, RB, WR, even returns kicks. He’s one of those guys that did church missions and entered the league as an “older” player. What a great find for the Saints. While Jackson is obviously the faster more elusive runner, he is not built as stoutly and could never withstand the hits that Hill can.
If I was a saints fan I’d have a hill jersey just for the novelty of it. What a cool ass player to have in your team

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So what you're saying is this guy right here is a blue-collar player who has deceptive speed?