• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Titans

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sadly Lamar running it has been more successful than our standard running plays. Lamar doesn't have Hill or Vick's top end speed, but he's shifty as fuck. He can do more with our mediocre at best run blocking than Collins has been able to.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sadly Lamar running it has been more successful than our standard running plays. Lamar doesn't have Hill or Vick's top end speed, but he's shifty as fuck. He can do more with our mediocre at best run blocking than Collins has been able to.
You think he doesn’t have Hill’s top end speed....

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .....
giphy.gif

Taysom hill isn’t respected nearly as much by defenses and somehow that has made it more effective lol. Defenses are straight up scared of Lamar’s running, they go ALL OUT to stop him and don’t even bother with the rb. Hill fucking walked into the endzone Monday night and I don’t even think I recall an option.
Exactly, we're not the only team running it and I don't see how it's hurt us. Lamar has had some great carries and I've truly come to realize how dangerous this guy's running abilities are in open space. Can you imagine how potentially great he'll be once he fully develops as a passer?

Taysom Hill is an effing beast! He’s built like a tank(ha) does everything for them, lines up at QB, RB, WR, even returns kicks. He’s one of those guys that did church missions and entered the league as an “older” player. What a great find for the Saints. While Jackson is obviously the faster more elusive runner, he is not built as stoutly and could never withstand the hits that Hill can.
He has some wild college highlights. Seriously the guy can run with the Football and can make some highlight plays.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
To get this thing back on topic....

We should win this game. We are a better team on paper. Vrabel has been a good coach and they have a stout defense and a really good secondary. It's likely going to come down to the game plan. Yes, Flacco was dog shit but the play calling did him no favors either(seriously no hot reads to the TEs? No checking down(ironically the one week you'd want him to do so was last week. I trust our defense. They only broke in over time after staying on the field forever. Our defense is legit and frankly, outside of Corey Davis the Titans don't have too much that worries me. Dion Lewis is a good pass catcher out of the backfield and a nice scat back, but we can take him out of the game. Walker is down, Lewan is hurt. And Derrick Henry has hilariously underperformed. That said, Henry is typically the type of back we struggle against. Defense can't go in cocky, but so long as we can contain Mariota and pressure him, we should be good to go.

We need to do a few things offensively though.

1. Get the TEs involved. We have four of them. All four are good players. Use them and pick them apart. That's what the defense is likely going to give us.
2. Get the ball out quickly. The titans have a lot of pass rushers and a really good secondary to boot. Going deep is going to fail miserably this game.
3. Get the backs involved in the passing game. The Titans have a a plethora of good run stuffers. Collins and Buck alike have proven to be good options out of the backfield.

On paper we are more well rounded. But the Titans are a team that can beat us if we decide to shit the bed again like we did against the Browns. If the defense shows up and the offense decides to perform at an adaquate level, then we should win. This game is in Marty's hands. Joe is a guy who needs to get going early, and I could see that happening here. It should. If we lose again because of a lot of poor gameplanning... Well then we really need to consider firing the guy. Prove me wrong like you have most of this season Marty.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
This is a really weird and stupid thing to care about but I wish we had some longer tenured players on offense. I saw a highlight of our loss against the steelers in late 2016, holy fuck is that offense so different. I just want an Albert or a Levine on offense who can play a role and be something decent.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
^^ i know like Yanda has been there forever but I don't mean a superstar I just wish one draft pick on offense could live to see a second contract with us just once.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This is a really weird and stupid thing to care about but I wish we had some longer tenured players on offense. I saw a highlight of our loss against the steelers in late 2016, holy fuck is that offense so different. I just want an Albert or a Levine on offense who can play a role and be something decent.
Buck Allen and one of maxx or Boyle could end up those guys.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lets move Levine to offense. That should do the trick...

Tank

Hall of Famer
Mariota has one of the worst ratings in the league when pressured. We need to pressure him!
I se Lewan was back at practice yesterday, thinking he still can’t be right but I’m sure he’ll get some medical “help” if he can go.