• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Titans

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing we have going for us is that Pees is coaching that defense. The guy really dead set on his scheme, doesn't make adjustments that well, and we should know his playbook inside and out.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Making the trip to Nashville for the game and to enjoy the city as well. I hope the Ravens are eager to get that bad taste out of their mouths but as I recall our offense had a miserable day the last time we played the Titans on the road.

Offense better bounce back!
Hey I’ll be there too haha. Where ya sittin?

Also what’s your social security number and your address

RayRayRaven

Veteran
We may have the overall best defense in the league, at least factored by points against. Lets see, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Denver, Pittsburgh, Cleveland...yeah its been very stingy. That stated, we have some monumental weaknesses in our D. Tavon Young is clearly playing at a higher level than our number 1 pick from two years back. You know who I'm talking about. Mr. Alabama, Mr. Uber Assault, Mr Wonderlic himself. Young is consistently on his man, while 29 plays off, as if his man has the Flu and he don't want to catch it! You'd think playing off like that he'd be able to "look back for the ball" and find a way to break on a pass. (It never happens.)

Folks have different perspectives of what cost us last game. Some say Crabtree and its clear Crab had the last clear chance to avoid the loss but let a perfect end zone pass go right through his hands. Some say it was Flacco miss reading the defense as he is prone to do. I think it was ol' number 29 who made young, unremarkable receivers look like All Pros. Isolated one on one, he could not stay close to slower 40 time receivers or even a Tight End. I don't know where to put him anymore, but one thing is clear... he can't start. Tavon Young will prevent the big play that we cannot afford vs the Titans. Humpf as a starter, has a much higher probability of losing this game for us, though Mariota is less likely to take advantage of Humpf's miss-covers. Still, we cannot have him back there, he is a liability.

One thing we have going for us is that Pees is coaching that defense. The guy really dead set on his scheme, doesn't make adjustments that well, and we should know his playbook inside and out.

Their defense is pretty good however. The "Inside Information" cuts both ways. Pees knows our achilles heels back there too. You know what I'm talking about.

I have a bad feeling Pees is going to make us look stooopid.

He knows us. All those years at practice.

yall chill out.. we

he is a good DC imo!

Our problems were never Pees.

Offense...we cannot afford to break up Flacco's flow with these inane Jackson run plays. He is not a threat to pass in these situations and he disrupts Flacco's already manifest problems with immersion in the game. STOP IT

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Heads Taylor Lewan is hurt not sure if he will miss or not.. he fucked our guys up last year
That could be huge for us. Lewan is a key piece of their offense. He’s a great run blocking LT and may be one of the best. Not sure about grades just my opinion so I’m sure some stat junkie will know better than me there

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
This Humphrey discusion will never rest. Higgins seems to have great games against us. Remember the game where Hogan was subbed in for Kizer and he was catching everything. Humphrey can't defend routes that are designed to beat our coverage call.

Also per our favourite NFL analyst Andy Benoit: LT Ronnie Stanley has been steady almost to the point of dominant this season especially in pass pro.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Making the trip to Nashville for the game and to enjoy the city as well. I hope the Ravens are eager to get that bad taste out of their mouths but as I recall our offense had a miserable day the last time we played the Titans on the road.

Offense better bounce back!
It’s a great city. Don’t forget to have Princes Fire Chicken or Hatti Bs Hot Chicken and they have some really good BBQ in Nashville as well. Martins BBQ is pretty close to the stadium and the Sky Blue Cafe is a good breakfast place. Ask for Faith, she was our waitress.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We may have the overall best defense in the league, at least factored by points against. Lets see, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Denver, Pittsburgh, Cleveland...yeah its been very stingy. That stated, we have some monumental weaknesses in our D. Tavon Young is clearly playing at a higher level than our number 1 pick from two years back. You know who I'm talking about. Mr. Alabama, Mr. Uber Assault, Mr Wonderlic himself. Young is consistently on his man, while 29 plays off, as if his man has the Flu and he don't want to catch it! You'd think playing off like that he'd be able to "look back for the ball" and find a way to break on a pass. (It never happens.)

Folks have different perspectives of what cost us last game. Some say Crabtree and its clear Crab had the last clear chance to avoid the loss but let a perfect end zone pass go right through his hands. Some say it was Flacco miss reading the defense as he is prone to do. I think it was ol' number 29 who made young, unremarkable receivers look like All Pros. Isolated one on one, he could not stay close to slower 40 time receivers or even a Tight End. I don't know where to put him anymore, but one thing is clear... he can't start. Tavon Young will prevent the big play that we cannot afford vs the Titans. Humpf as a starter, has a much higher probability of losing this game for us, though Mariota is less likely to take advantage of Humpf's miss-covers. Still, we cannot have him back there, he is a liability.

Their defense is pretty good however. The "Inside Information" cuts both ways. Pees knows our achilles heels back there too. You know what I'm talking about.

Offense...we cannot afford to break up Flacco's flow with these inane Jackson run plays. He is not a threat to pass in these situations and he disrupts Flacco's already manifest problems with immersion in the game. STOP IT
You know you cant be talking bad hump here. They gonna get you

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That could be huge for us. Lewan is a key piece of their offense. He’s a great run blocking LT and may be one of the best. Not sure about grades just my opinion so I’m sure some stat junkie will know better than me there
if what you seen with your own two eyes tells you he the best then so be it.. fuck them stats, they dont ever tell the whole truth.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Hump does give up a lot of big plays and usually be the one the gets scored up but it dont matter cause “ statistically he has been one of the most consistent cbs in lg when it comes to passer rating allowed”, therefore nothing you say nor your evaluation on him means anything.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know the Titans are up next but I'm STILL pissed off about Sunday...BIG TIME!

I really dislike the "mediocrity" that our team is. I really do!

We destroy the Bills @home, lose to the Bengals on the road, we dismantle the Broncos @home and then we "TAKE THE AIR OUT OF THE BUILDING" (my phrase) by beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh and on primetime.....JUST....to go to Cleveland and have an offense that can't move the ball worth a damn (ala ghosts of seasons past) to score a TD to save their lives and lose a game based off of a FG battle in OT to the Browns????

And THEN, I'm suppose to have "confidence" that the Ravens will travel into Tennesse and take care of the Titans (who also lost and will no doubt be onery against the Ravens at home) to advance to 4-2? Not saying that it can't happen but c'mon man! Smh! Y'all asking me to do a hard thing!

Help a brother out with this delimna @DeVito52. Lol.....

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know the Titans are up next but I'm STILL pissed off about Sunday...BIG TIME!

I really dislike the "mediocrity" that our team is. I really do!

We destroy the Bills @home, lose to the Bengals on the road, we dismantle the Broncos @home and then we "TAKE THE AIR OUT OF THE BUILDING" (my phrase) by beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh and on primetime.....JUST....to go to Cleveland and have an offense that can't move the ball worth a damn (ala ghosts of seasons past) to score a TD to save their lives and lose a game based off of a FG battle in OT to the Browns????

And THEN, I'm suppose to have "confidence" that the Ravens will travel into Tennesse and take care of the Titans (who also lost and will no doubt be onery against the Ravens at home) to advance to 4-2? Not saying that it can't happen but c'mon man! Smh! Y'all asking me to do a hard thing!

Help a brother out with this delimna @DeVito52. Lol.....
If the titans weren’t mediocre I’d be very worried but since they aren’t very good im only slightly worried. I definitely don’t have much confidence lol. We really shouldn’t be expecting much based on last weeks performance so really all we can do is hope...usually we rebound well off of games like those I think though. We need to go 4-2 though so they better make it happen damn it!!!!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the titans weren’t mediocre I’d be very worried but since they aren’t very good im only slightly worried. I definitely don’t have much confidence lol. We really shouldn’t be expecting much based on last weeks performance so really all we can do is hope...usually we rebound well off of games like those I think though. We need to go 4-2 though so they better make it happen damn it!!!!

I completely agree! Lol!

My son's old basketball coach use to say to him; "What's the matter son....ARE YOU AFRAID TO SHINE?" He said that to him cause my son was one of his best basketball players and he wanted him to step up and ball out to his full potential.

I feel the same way about the Ravens at times; "Are they afraid to shine?" They destroy the Bills, beat the Broncos and the Steelers back to back and to me they could have really "shined" by beating the 1-2-1 Browns as well...but they didn't! And THAT'S why I be feeling about them the way that I do.

But, I'm going to roll with you on this one and "believe" that the Ravens can shake off that piss poor performance from Sunday and overcome this stinch of mediocrity I keep seeing with them in order for them to advance to 4-2.

GO RAVENS!!!

Last edited:
Looking back on it, I have no idea why we didn't run as much as we should. Harbaugh pointed out that we ran the ball 28 times, well Collins ran for 59 yards on 12 carries, with Buck handeling 8 carries for 34 yards. Just to be slick he included two of Joe's runs as well as Lamar's 3 runs which equates to 28 runs total.

LOL

I'm going to be honest here, I don't think Joe is the only one who could be on his way out soon, Harbaugh could join him if this team misses the postseason again. If he sticks around for another year, then his seat will definitely be hot.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Looking back on it, I have no idea why we didn't run as much as we should. Harbaugh pointed out that we ran the ball 28 times, well Collins ran for 59 yards on 12 carries, with Buck handeling 8 carries for 34 yards. Just to be slick he included two of Joe's runs as well as Lamar's 3 runs which equates to 28 runs total.

LOL

I'm going to be honest here, I don't think Joe is the only one who could be on his way out soon, Harbaugh could join him if this team misses the postseason again. If he sticks around for another year, then his seat will definitely be hot.
Despite the yards not looking terribly terrible, the run game overall was horrid, it was killing drives, we were so inconsistent with it that it wasn’t a solid gameplan to keep running. It seemed anytime we were able to move the chains once or twice, a run for a loss of 3 was the catalyst to kill our drive.

I think our run game needed more creativity, the stretch plays to loaded sides every other first down was probably the overall worst part of the gameplan.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Despite the yards not looking terribly terrible, the run game overall was horrid, it was killing drives, we were so inconsistent with it that it wasn’t a solid gameplan to keep running. It seemed anytime we were able to move the chains once or twice, a run for a loss of 3 was the catalyst to kill our drive.

I think our run game needed more creativity, the stretch plays to loaded sides every other first down was probably the overall worst part of the gameplan.
Our run game is looking like that all year actually.
Line isn't blocking well, RBs are average, coaches aren't persistent, run plays aren't too imaginative, fumbles make coaches have even less trust.....
The worst consequence is that Flacco is then forced to again throw 50+ passes - and that's possible due to our O line protecting him very well - but never really worked for Joe or the team.

I think Harb's seat is hotter than Flacco's if for no other reason (and there are others) than the fact that Jackson is not ready to be the guy. If Harbs misses the playoffs again, well, anyone can do that, so why would a new GM want to keep him around?