• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and The Wind

The good: The offense having the right mix of no panic, but urgency (unlike the usual zombie march) to score a desperate TD
The bad: That an offense that good will get the best of a defense that good in this day and age when it matters most
The ugly: That we all need to admit that our dear kicker, is indeed a human being

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Today’s game was a heartbreaker. The defense played well enough even though they faded in the fourth quarter. We gave
Drew Brees too many chances.

The offense was inconsistent, the play calling was baffling at times. Our lack of a running game hurts us big time.

I was stunned to see Tucker miss the extra point, it hurt. That being said there is no other kicker I want kicking for the Ravens .

David Rockefeller

Practice Squad
I'm not too worried. I think we can beat the Chiefs, I think we can beat the Raiders, we can beat the Bengals, Steelers, Browns, Falcons, Panthers, and Buccs, and I think we win those games. Chargers and Chiefs are the only teams that make me scared. There's a good chance we go 10-6 still. Not too worried.
Talk about going from pessimistic to optimistic lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I have no hope any more. Looking at what we have left on schedule, the illusion we'd be more than 8-8 ball club is over.
This was far and away the toughest game of the year, and the only two teams that legit scare me that are left are the Chiefs and Chargers. And we match up well with both of them....

Raiders suck
Falcons are on a gurney
Tampa Bay sucks
Panthers are not as good as that record of their indicates.
Steelers are still bad and have no defense despite stringing together two wins
Bengals are beginning to bleed.
Chiefs have an offense as good as anyone, but that defense is swiss cheese
Chargers usually come on strong towards the end of the year but Spanos will ruin them somehow like always
Browns are a good team, but this go round we are at hoome where we are way better.

That's nine games and you expect us to lose five of those when we are kind of better than all but two of them as a roster? I don't expect us to win all 9, but if you told me we went 10-6 or 11-5 I would not be shocked.

Quit complaining. We went blow for blow with an elite team today, looked good, and lost off of a fluke. And we're gonna go 8-8. What a joke

Tank

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Marlon Humphrey can play next week.
When I heard he was hurt I wasn’t too worried because Smith was on his third game back and I figured he’d step up. Not sure what’s wrong with him but it doesn’t seem physical, he looks lost and playing with zero confidence. Just not aggressive at all.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This was far and away the toughest game of the year, and the only two teams that legit scare me that are left are the Chiefs and Chargers. And we match up well with both of them....

Raiders suck
Falcons are on a gurney
Tampa Bay sucks
Chargers usually come on strong towards the end of the year but Spanos will ruin them somehow like always
Browns are a good team, but this go round we are at hoome where we are way better.

That's nine games and you expect us to lose five of those when we are kind of better than all but two of them as a roster? I don't expect us to win all 9, but if you told me we went 10-6 or 11-5 I would not be shocked.

Quit complaining. We went blow for blow with an elite team today, looked good, and lost off of a fluke. And we're gonna go 8-8. What a joke
Everything what you just said makes sense AND we still can go 8-8. We don't know the future. I could definitely see us losing a couple more where we go "How the fuck did we lose to this team?"

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
That’s a very pessimistic way to look at it but I’ll respect it lol
I think it's realistic, more than pessimistic.
We enjoyed the 6 weeks of a fairly healthy team. Injuries are starting to creep up. Just as we start to think Marty figured something out, he goes back to his old ways. Flacco plays OK for good part of the game but when we need him the most, he finds a way to shit our collective pants. 11 sack game was abomination - most of that was on scared shitless Mariota. When it's tight, we don't need to shoot ourselves in the foot but we somehow always do - stupid challenges and if that's not enough, let's miss the extra point, for a change.

I know you can't win them all but these that we should have won are coming too frequently.

I fed up with this world.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Jimmy is coming back from an achilles injury. I'm more shocked he was ready to go considering when he got hurt. Can't say I'm shocked even though I'm not too fond of what I'm seeing. He's the new Brandon Carr.

But that would mean he stays healthy...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Everything what you just said makes sense AND we still can go 8-8. We don't know the future. I could definitely see us losing a couple more where we go "How the fuck did we lose to this team?"
That's why I have us at 10-6 still. I think 8-8 is not realistic and incredibly pessimistic. We probably drop another game or two we shouldn't but all we have to do is make the postseason. When the Steelers and Bengals play the Saints, it would not surprise me at all if one of them got blown out.

We look way better than an 8-8 team.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Raiders suck
Falcons are on a gurney
Tampa Bay sucks

I am not complaining. I tell it like I see it.
It's time for you to stop patronising this board.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
When I heard he was hurt I wasn’t too worried because Smith was on his third game back and I figured he’d step up. Not sure what’s wrong with him but it doesn’t seem physical, he looks lost and playing with zero confidence. Just not aggressive at all.
I was shocked how poorly he played . Not sure what was going on with him .

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's why I have us at 10-6 still. I think 8-8 is not realistic and incredibly pessimistic. We probably drop another game or two we shouldn't but all we have to do is make the postseason. When the Steelers and Bengals play the Saints, it would not surprise me at all if one of them got blown out.

We look way better than an 8-8 team.
The problem is we play plenty of tough teams this season . I could see 8-8 or 10-6 , hopefully 10-6 .

David Rockefeller

Practice Squad

Raiders suck
Falcons are on a gurney
Tampa Bay sucks

A fluke?

Jones05

Practice Squad
Here is my take for what it is worth:

The good: The offense looked good, running game sort of arrived
The Bad: Seems like the defense was always just short when applying pressure to Brees. Some games go that way
The sad: Jimmy Smith was man handled all night, for our best corner Brees abused him all night. (poor Jimmy).
The ugly: When you are a character like Tucker is who thrives on attention it makes nights like tonight awful. I am just glad he faced the music with a post game appearance. He is a class act..

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every single person who was pissed off at crab should be pissed at tucker. No player is absolved from hate.

The wind wasn’t even blowing look at the damn goal posts.

Obviously we should’ve played better not been in that position blah blah but it’s a freaking extra point. Make. It.

How can you watch the route the ball takes and not say the wind grabbed that ball halfway there. Balls do not naturally move like that