• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Andrews and The Injuries (because of course...)

Props to Clowney man lives in the backfield disrupting plays just wish he would wrap up and get those sacks.
Darby was a nice signing. Stephen's as always with great coverage if only he played the ball he would be an int machine.

Good game for Mandrews. Would like to see more 2 TE sets with Likely/Kolar out there.
Lamar balled out if he keeps this up we definitely going to the _offs lol.

Looks like we are facing another backup with Pickett getting an MRI tomorrow for the knee. Let's blow them out too.

Oh and Van Noy great job for the first game had some nice pressures and almost sacks.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Props to Clowney man lives in the backfield disrupting plays just wish he would wrap up and get those sacks.
Darby was a nice signing. Stephen's as always with great coverage if only he played the ball he would be an int machine.

Good game for Mandrews. Would like to see more 2 TE sets with Likely/Kolar out there.

Looks like we are facing another backup with Pickett getting an MRI tomorrow for the knee. Let's blow them out too.

Oh and Van Noy great job for the first game had some nice pressures and almost sacks.
always been a big fan of Van Noy. Good in coverage and he's Bowser insurance. Right now he's insurance for everyone.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
It truly disgusts me they give up Ro for a 2nd with no big contracts at the time then give up their 2nd for trash ass Claypool... who they are now shopping for late round picks allegedly.

Roquan has basically been a player multiplier. Thought he was great but can't lie. I questioned trading for a mlb at the time and am so damn glad to have been wrong. Hate seeing PQ gone but going to appreciate his play this season.

I have a feeling this pass rush starts getting home when Oweh is back. AHHH MAN there's so much to be excited for if a couple things go our way.
I think they bought into “modern” roster building where the latest trend was to not sign 2 LBs on the inside and instead pay big for WRs.

Honestly though the NFL roster building rule has always been the same: pay your great players great money, pay other teams great players great money, and do not pay good players great money. You can pay okay players okay money but teams always mess up by paying good to be great. It doesn’t matter what position as long as you have great difference makers somewhere you have a shot.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think they bought into “modern” roster building where the latest trend was to not sign 2 LBs on the inside and instead pay big for WRs.

Honestly though the NFL roster building rule has always been the same: pay your great players great money, pay other teams great players great money, and do not pay good players great money. You can pay okay players okay money but teams always mess up by paying good to be great. It doesn’t matter what position as long as you have great difference makers somewhere you have a shot.
EDC has been very good at contract construction. We had some major issues with the BWill contract and the Ray Rice contract along with Pitta and then Flacco's 2nd contract. Although it was always known that Flacco would have been restructured in year 3 or 4.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Fully endorse the entirety of this post. :-)

Tank

Hall of Famer
It truly disgusts me they give up Ro for a 2nd with no big contracts at the time then give up their 2nd for trash ass Claypool... who they are now shopping for late round picks allegedly.

Roquan has basically been a player multiplier. Thought he was great but can't lie. I questioned trading for a mlb at the time and am so damn glad to have been wrong. Hate seeing PQ gone but going to appreciate his play this season.

I have a feeling this pass rush starts getting home when Oweh is back. AHHH MAN there's so much to be excited for if a couple things go our way.
The D needed a leader like him, especially after losing Calais. He’s such a smart player and goes hard af.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
EDC has been very good at contract construction. We had some major issues with the BWill contract and the Ray Rice contract along with Pitta and then Flacco's 2nd contract. Although it was always known that Flacco would have been restructured in year 3 or 4.
I was more referring to the Bears trading Smith as they figured they already signed one of their great LBs and fell into the trap of thinking "other teams are not signing 2 and winning so we cannot".

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was more referring to the Bears trading Smith as they figured they already signed one of their great LBs and fell into the trap of thinking "other teams are not signing 2 and winning so we cannot".
yes, I understand what you were saying. I just added on is all.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
roquan has changed everything
I couldn't agree more!
yd9UWEim.png