• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Andrews and The Injuries (because of course...)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why all the Duvernay hate? Cuz of the bad fair catch?

Maulet played a damn good game since all the other bases were touched and you would think everybody here would know how important MLB is. That's your general.
Yeah I don’t get it, he’s looked okay returning punts, people say he looks slow and indecisive but duvernay has always done this, he surveys before hitting the gas and it’s why he’s broken a punt up the middle 2 weeks straight

Simba

Staff Member
He’s giving our defense a real swagger, like something special brewing, goddamn shame we lost ojabo and oweh is likely not gonna be 99% at any point this year, but Ro is establishing a culture of his own like no defender has done since ray
And different than last year. Had this reputation as a quiet, lead by example type. He's clearly gotten more comfortable here because he's become that vocal leader too.

What we want our general to feel. He knows what's up.

The O may not have made a statement but they were efficient. And Lamar had a very good game. He threw for 2 TD and ran for 2. No picks, no fumbles and threw some dimes to Zay and Andrews. Honorable mention to #89, #35, and #43.

And oh yeah, if our defense keeps playing like they did today we gonna make some real noise. Ro and PQ are absolutely the best ILB tandem in the league. I like what MAC is dialing up lately.

Tank

Hall of Famer
The O may not have made a statement but they were efficient. And Lamar had a very good game. He threw for 2 TD and ran for 2. No picks, no fumbles and threw some dimes to Zay and Andrews. Honorable mention to #89, #35, and #43.

And oh yeah, if our defense keeps playing like they did today we gonna make some real noise. Ro and PQ are absolutely the best ILB tandem in the league. I like what MAC is dialing up lately.
I think if you asked him Lamar would tell you the fumble was his. I mean he just kinda tossed the ball at an unsuspecting Hill, didn't hand it off.

I think if you asked him Lamar would tell you the fumble was his. I mean he just kinda tossed the ball at an unsuspecting Hill, didn't hand it off.
Yeah that one could go either way. It looked to me like either Hill was sliding right before he got the handoff and Lamar knew he wasn’t going get the ball where it should have been placed and just lateraled it. I would call that one a no fault fumble. Either way it wasn’t the bonehead fumbles he’s been putting down lately.

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah that one could go either way. It looked to me like either Hill was sliding right before he got the handoff and Lamar knew he wasn’t going get the ball where it should have been placed and just lateraled it. I would call that one a no fault fumble. Either way it wasn’t the bonehead fumbles he’s been putting down lately.
The operation looked off from the start. Regardless of who it's on, you don't want to be seeing that stuff still in week 4 especially after piling up similar mistakes in games 1-3. Something has to give there. Just the kind of stuff that stalls what progress you are making with the unit as a whole.

The operation looked off from the start. Regardless of who it's on, you don't want to be seeing that stuff still in week 4 especially after piling up similar mistakes in games 1-3. Something has to give there. Just the kind of stuff that stalls what progress you are making with the unit as a whole.
Agree.

If we can score 28 points against the best defence in the league I like our chances that our defence can keep us in games against good offences

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we can score 28 points against the best defence in the league I like our chances that our defence can keep us in games against good offences
I do not believe they are the best defense in the league and I do not believe that 28 points was all they could have scored. If the Ravens had not played it safe in the second half, because short of committing turnovers there was no way the Browns were scoring 21 points, I think they could have easily had 1-2 more TDs. That being said the Browns look like the best defense because they played 3 bad teams. The Titans, Browns, and Steelers are 3 of the 10 worst offenses in the NFL. I would not be surprised if the 49ers hung 40 on the Browns. Whatever the line is for that game I am taking the 49rs (which is not saying much considering that they are the best in the NFC and possibly NFL).

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Truly hope Moses is okay. Fun fact, no one has ran for a touchdown against us this year. blew my mind tbh.
amazing win, I love when Lamar gets the rushing touchdowns because people are so delusional they somehow use his rushing tds against him, if he has a bunch its too much cuz he "cant pass" and if he doesn't hes overrated

love Monkey redone offense its so resfreshing
lamar has been on a fucking role with this quick short passes. im a fan, hes not getting killed out there and we are so efficient. we will open it up when needed and Stanley and hopefully Moses are back.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
That was such a great offensive performance against a really legit defense. (They'll finish the season in the top 3 cause they don't have any weak spots and Garrett is a monster.)

Lamar was great and the line held up pretty well. The only dark cloud is that we basically never moved the ball again once Moses went down. That might be partly due to more rough late game play calling but hopefully he'll be back soon. Otherwise they might have to think about Cleveland at RT.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Truly hope Moses is okay. Fun fact, no one has ran for a touchdown against us this year. blew my mind tbh.
amazing win, I love when Lamar gets the rushing touchdowns because people are so delusional they somehow use his rushing tds against him, if he has a bunch its too much cuz he "cant pass" and if he doesn't hes overrated

love Monkey redone offense its so resfreshing
lamar has been on a fucking role with this quick short passes. im a fan, hes not getting killed out there and we are so efficient. we will open it up when needed and Stanley and hopefully Moses are back.
But when Mahomes does it it’s because he does whatever he needs to do to win

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
If Clowney could finish his sacks he'd be up therein the DPOY conversations with Garrett, Watt,Parsons etc. People would be talking about how he's finally living up to his draft status.

He's missing on 2 or 3 clear shots a game. Some of them are going to start turning into sacks soon.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do not believe they are the best defense in the league and I do not believe that 28 points was all they could have scored. If the Ravens had not played it safe in the second half, because short of committing turnovers there was no way the Browns were scoring 21 points, I think they could have easily had 1-2 more TDs. That being said the Browns look like the best defense because they played 3 bad teams. The Titans, Browns, and Steelers are 3 of the 10 worst offenses in the NFL. I would not be surprised if the 49ers hung 40 on the Browns. Whatever the line is for that game I am taking the 49rs (which is not saying much considering that they are the best in the NFC and possibly NFL).
Yeah I'll take the under. Browns defense is obviously really good. Even if you look at the normal or even advanced metrics, Browns D was pretty good. They were good on 3rd down, yards/play was solid, Ravens had seemingly "great" rushing #s yet only averaged 4.0 YPC (which isn't good), and they clamped down hard in the second half. Ravens basically had 2-3 good drives the whole game.
Note that 14 of the Ravens 28 points came off of exceptionally good field position from one of the Browns many disastrous turnovers.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That was such a great offensive performance against a really legit defense. (They'll finish the season in the top 3 cause they don't have any weak spots and Garrett is a monster.)

Lamar was great and the line held up pretty well. The only dark cloud is that we basically never moved the ball again once Moses went down. That might be partly due to more rough late game play calling but hopefully he'll be back soon. Otherwise they might have to think about Cleveland at RT.
Well its obviously a super conservative game plan in the second half (arguably too conservative), but concerning with lack of ability to do much of anything in the second half.

Ultimately it wasn't going to matter, because that offense with DTR at QB was never scoring 20 points to begin with.

Well its obviously a super conservative game plan in the second half (arguably too conservative), but concerning with lack of ability to do much of anything in the second half.

Ultimately it wasn't going to matter, because that offense with DTR at QB was never scoring 20 points to begin with.
That kid was rattled from the first series. Welcome to the NFL kiddo.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I don’t get it, he’s looked okay returning punts, people say he looks slow and indecisive but duvernay has always done this, he surveys before hitting the gas and it’s why he’s broken a punt up the middle 2 weeks straight
No way does he have the explosiveness after the catch that he had in the past.

My eyes are not deceiving me. I saw it last year too and then he went down with a foot injury I think it was.