• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
No, Bored wasn't a mod. I can share the update with you if you're that curious.

As far as the Chiefs fan- please just let it go. I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing, so just block him if you need to.

Would like an update with him as well. Not sure what I missed and saw the tail end of it I think.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Offensively, I feel like we played into the anxiousness of having a sizable deficit in T.O.P. with the idea that the defense would continue to concede points. Even when it was flipped on its head in a positive direction during the second half. It's the only realistic explanation that I have for how frantically we played. Gus Edwards rumbled on his first carry for 15 yards in the middle of the 1st quarter and his next touch didn't come until the 3rd. This was arguably one of our worst offensive game plans of the entire season. And every team has those, this one just came at the worst possible time. It'll be tough to let go of one of the best performing teams we've ever had. That said, the vast majority of the core will return next year. We could feasibly be as impressive next season.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Offensively, I feel like we played into the anxiousness of having a sizable deficit in T.O.P. with the idea that the defense would continue to concede points. Even when it was flipped on its head in a positive direction during the second half. It's the only realistic explanation that I have for how frantically we played. Gus Edwards rumbled on his first carry for 15 yards in the middle of the 1st quarter and his next touch didn't come until the 3rd. This was arguably one of our worst offensive game plans of the entire season. And every team has those, this one just came at the worst possible time. It'll be tough to let go of one of the best performing teams we've ever had. That said, the vast majority of the core will return next year. We could feasibly be as impressive next season.
I am looking forward to redemption Super Bowl between Zay Flowers and Jahmyr Gibbs.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
No team in over 20 years has lost a championship game when only giving up 17 points .
I really hope we are not becoming the Cowboys of the AFC.
This was a very winnable game that was lost on 3 turnovers.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't want to get banned...
Haters got what they wanted, it’s going to be a long offseason and I’m not sure what the point of ever getting excited over football again is, it always ends in heartbreak.
I generally don't believe conspiracy theories (and by generally, I mean never), but I could get behind the NFL wanting Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl and rigging it in favor of KC.
We just saw it with that ref.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We aren't a clutch team and seem to tighten up in pressure moments. Sad to say. Why? No idea. Thought we were turning the corner then Zay fumbled. I really had faith the entire game up until that point.

even after zay's fumble we still had a chance because the defence was awesome after those first 2 drives
then lamar threw into triple coverage (and yes it was clear DPI on Likely but a poor decision nonetheless)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
And the pass rush is something I talked about a lot- if the Ravens aren't in long down and distance, how good is the pass rush? Today showed- not very good.

There was a stat at one point that the Chiefs hadn't converted a single third down over 8 yards (like 5 maybe?), but at that point, the Chiefs were probably still around 50%-60% on third down.

When the Ravens were able to set themselves up into third and long, as they did in the second half, things worked out for them defensively.
Besides the 3rd and 9 we so desperately needed to stop