• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

Any chance we could swing a trade for a running back like Derrick Henry? Somebody who just runs over people
Maybe but that doesn't mean they'd use him in critical situations.

Dalvin Cook is not Henry, but they went and found a big name RB...and then didnt even put him on the field. Not to mention Gus Edwards can run over some people...where was he?

They have a coaching problem more than a personnel issue.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Mahomes threw that ball to Kelce and we boxed Kelce out and got the pick, the dumbass dark evil ref is throwing the flag

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Mahomes threw that ball to Kelce and we boxed Kelce out and got the pick, the dumbass dark evil ref is throwing the flag
I mean the game was lost because Flowers made a bad play diving and Lamar made the worst throw of the entire playoffs. There were other mistakes but that was 10 points left on the board minimum and you cant make those kinds of mistakes and win.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
because they're defending the sticks like crazy i guess...

10 yards vs 30 yards makes no difference in that scenario
You're absolutely right, but I just thought they'd play to put the ball in play short and try to tackle.

I suppose that's essentially what they did and Maulet just got beat. Which sucks because he played pretty well all season and it was MVS.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
even after zay's fumble we still had a chance because the defence was awesome after those first 2 drives
then lamar threw into triple coverage (and yes it was clear DPI on Likely but a poor decision nonetheless)
I cant imagine a world where you get PI throwing into triple coverage. It is like throwing a hail mary where there there is always PI but it will never be called unless it is far more direct than what happened there.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean the game was lost because Flowers made a bad play diving and Lamar made the worst throw of the entire playoffs. There were other mistakes but that was 10 points left on the board minimum and you cant make those kinds of mistakes and win.
the fumble killed us, I really think we win otherwise

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I cant imagine a world where you get PI throwing into triple coverage. It is like throwing a hail mary where there there is always PI but it will never be called unless it is far more direct than what happened there.
I can if it’s the chiefs

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I posted still frame shots of the throw and it was very blatant PI.

I said it before, but 11 players could have been defending Likely and you still need to call that because it wasn't an iffy call- it was blatant.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not too much more to offer than what others have said, but here's my notes:
1. Obviously the offense, and including Lamar, weren't anywhere near good enough to win this game.
2. Not sure why we abandoned the run game, but it didn't work.
3. In a game where Lamar threw it 37 times, Bateman had 2 yards on 3 targets.
4. Kyle Hamilton was the best player on the field for both teams.
5. Zay Flowers has a lot of growing up to do.
6. Easily one of the worst decisions, and throws, of Lamar's career.

We turned the ball over, they didn't. They controlled both lines of scrimmage, and we didn't. They made plays in critical spots, and we didn't. They're going to the SB, and we're not.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Let me tell you this before anything else, I’m not mad we lost bc I see a lot of things that I liked and we could build upon.

Lamar has had 3 runs in the playoffs not including the rookie season. And he’s improved in each and got further. IMO

My biggest gripe this game was the gameplan and us not running the ball. That bothers me

by this logic, next playoff run we're losing in the superbowl
and we'll have to wait for the playoff run after that for a glory year

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I posted still frame shots of the throw and it was very blatant PI.

I said it before, but 11 players could have been defending Likely and you still need to call that because it wasn't an iffy call- it was blatant.
Can't make that call. Literally football becomes unwatchable if they're consistently calling PI there. It's not that far off from a hail mary. Defenses already are beyond the 8 ball so badly these days. To throw a flag in that spot is a travesty.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Can't make that call. Literally football becomes unwatchable if they're consistently calling PI there. It's not that far off from a hail mary. Defenses already are beyond the 8 ball so badly these days. To throw a flag in that spot is a travesty.

the much more egregious one was the lack of a hold/DPI on the likely one on the 3rd and 5 where we kicked the FG

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
holy fucking hell my night just got exponentially worse as everyone knows I hate the fucking Niners. This’ll be the first time in a long time I don’t watch a Super Bowl
Yep, first one since 2011 I won’t watch. I just don’t care, lions would have been fun to root for but I really don’t care to see either team win and I can’t root for either. Still would maybe prefer a sf win? I hate kelce a lot now

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
by this logic, next playoff run we're losing in the superbowl
and we'll have to wait for the playoff run after that for a glory year
I was actually thinking that last night. Lamar is on a track to get one more step each time he participates in the Playoffs, so we have to wait thru, at least two more defeats before a Super Bowl win.

Listen, last time when we lost some blamed the coaching and others said the players weren't showing up. All I know about these kinds of defeats is that they are SUPER similar. We won the 2012 Super Bowl because we got rid of something that was stalling in Cam Cameron and had tremendous veteran leadership with a new perspective on OFF from Jim Caldwell at just the right, last nick, of time. Since then there has been no real long standing vet leadership and a coaching carousel, other than HC, that rivals some of the worst teams. Sure, you could argue that our coaches' performance allowed them to leave for opportunity, but the point is there is a lack of continuity over years.

But if one or both of the coordinators go, I know it's not going to happen, but JH needs to go too. Just as we needed a fresh look from Brian Billick, we now need a fresh look from John Harbaugh.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was actually thinking that last night. Lamar is on a track to get one more step each time he participates in the Playoffs, so we have to wait thru, at least two more defeats before a Super Bowl win.

Listen, last time when we lost some blamed the coaching and others said the players weren't showing up. All I know about these kinds of defeats is that they are SUPER similar. We won the 2012 Super Bowl because we got rid of something that was stalling in Cam Cameron and had tremendous veteran leadership with a new perspective on OFF from Jim Caldwell at just the right, last nick, of time. Since then there has been no real long standing vet leadership and a coaching carousel, other than HC, that rivals some of the worst teams. Sure, you could argue that our coaches' performance allowed them to leave for opportunity, but the point is there is a lack of continuity over years.

But if one or both of the coordinators go, I know it's not going to happen, but JH needs to go too. Just as we needed a fresh look from Brian Billick, we now need a fresh look from John Harbaugh.

1 more defeat technically
would win the AFC championship and then lose the superbowl
then would win the superbowl