• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just have a real issue with ole miss WRs and brown looks... ok. I see stuff from these other guys that I LOVE and there’s nothing about brown that makes me jump.

Campbell I was never big on, I didn’t see where the hype came from tbh, but I haven’t watched him in so long so I can’t even remember why lol.

I really agree - browns a guy who I feel fine about in lots of different areas but nothing stands out that makes me think he’ll be anything other than a competent safe volume guy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Anybody else worried about Harmon’s ability to separate in the pros?
I don't think he will have any issues separating in the pros. He's a pretty good route runner and will most likely get better with work. He's also had no issues creating separation at the college level.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't think he will have any issues separating in the pros. He's a pretty good route runner and will most likely get better with work. He's also had no issues creating separation at the college level.

I see a lot of tight window throws - I think he does some subtle route running things that help him and set him up to potentially be successful but I worry that those tight windows are gonna get tighter in the nfl

There are also some reps where I’m really impressed too but it’s something I’m concerned about

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
@JoeyFlex5
I do a little. I have watched only two games (UNC and UVA) so perhaps take that as a caveat.
I don't get it. No way based on those games do I take him at 22. I do not see a guy that will give a defense pause in game planning. Or having to help someone in man. He is an absolute body catcher on film. I see him as a sort of fit in our offense but no way is he a #1. I'm not taking a WR in the first round unless he is.

I see him matched up too many times one on one and not winning. I'm not crazy about him. Is there a game that might show what I am missing?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was at first until i began noticing his creativity. He separates in his own way, he isn’t sharp or explosive in his cuts but he’s crafty and clearly high iq in his routes, and he knows what kind of separation he needs, he doesn’t have to cut and explode 5 yards away from the defender, all he needs is an angle and positioning, and he does it well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was at first until i began noticing his creativity. He separates in his own way, he isn’t sharp or explosive in his cuts but he’s crafty and clearly high iq in his routes, and he knows what kind of separation he needs, he doesn’t have to cut and explode 5 yards away from the defender, all he needs is an angle and positioning, and he does it well.

i see a little bit of nuance in the way he runs his routes but not much tbh

rossihunter2

Staff Member
really like Arcega-Whiteside - so far - strong hands, redzone weapon, effectively gets off press-man and really nice route runner for his size - really nice at stacking the corner - will be interested to see how he tests too - he's got the most refined body-control of any of the bigger receivers ive watched so far - as a bonus he's willing to get stuck in and find people to block too

kinda surprisingly quick feet - he's got some consistency problems with his route running but has shown some high-end reps and demonstrates an understanding of how to set up corners over multiple reps too

i think he's someone who's going to improve with some pro coaching too - high ceiling type player methinks

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
really like Arcega-Whiteside - so far - strong hands, redzone weapon, effectively gets off press-man and really nice route runner for his size - really nice at stacking the corner - will be interested to see how he tests too - he's got the most refined body-control of any of the bigger receivers ive watched so far - as a bonus he's willing to get stuck in and find people to block too

kinda surprisingly quick feet - he's got some consistency problems with his route running but has shown some high-end reps and demonstrates an understanding of how to set up corners over multiple reps too

i think he's someone who's going to improve with some pro coaching too - high ceiling type player methinks
I’m with you on this guy, I think he’s really slept on, he reminds me quite a bit of alshon Jeffrey, him and harmon both

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
by the way - riley ridley is clearly the best route runner of any of the receivers ive watched so far
Better than Deebo? Deebo is a really quality route runner but the thing that sets his game apart for me is his zone awareness, he’s by far the best zone beater in the class for me, and he pairs his route running really well by timing his steps to maximize YAC potential

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I’m with you on this guy, I think he’s really slept on, he reminds me quite a bit of alshon Jeffrey, him and harmon both

I like Arcega-Whiteside as well and agree with all of your points. Some people feel he would be better as a TE, but I don't feel that way at all.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I like Arcega-Whiteside as well and agree with all of your points. Some people feel he would be better as a TE, but I don't feel that way at all.
I don’t think he’s big enough for that and I don’t see that interior/slot style with him. He looks like a guy you just want on the boundary beating the corner for the ball.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don’t think he’s big enough for that and I don’t see that interior/slot style with him. He looks like a guy you just want on the boundary beating the corner for the ball.
I totally agree. I wish I remembered where I heard that or read that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Better than Deebo? Deebo is a really quality route runner but the thing that sets his game apart for me is his zone awareness, he’s by far the best zone beater in the class for me, and he pairs his route running really well by timing his steps to maximize YAC potential

i love deebo and i think deebo's the better prospect but Ridley is so good through his routes - its not a knock on deebo - more just high praise on riley - a good combine (especially 40 time) for riley ridley and i think you see him fly up some draft boards because he's so smooth

rossihunter2

Staff Member
nice vid @Edgar on emanuel hall - i think he's incredibly limited in terms of what he's been asked to do and his route running is kind of raw at times but he's so twitchy that he can beat a guy so fast with one half-decent fake or one strong jab step

that instant acceleration is really impressive and could be a major weapon to help him develop beyond just a pure deep ball receiver - he looks to me like someone who can develop into a good route runner because of what he does already with that ability to change direction and accelerate so fast

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't know how much of this is scheme but really enjoying the Parris Campbell film - reminds me of Percy Harvin a lot

he's dangerous at all 3 levels, incredibly fast and smooth with quick feet - has decent savvy at exploiting defenders trying to matchup against him

ive seen some nice routes from him but also a lot of rawness - i think he's so fast that he's never had to craft his routes especially with the great route combinations they run in that offence - its so easy to scheme guys open i dot think he's had to hone those routes like id want

that being said he's a playmaker with the ball in his hands and has good vision