• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I was on the AJ brown hype train. But now I think it’s either deebo or Harmon.

im really only a fan of samuel and the other two are prjoected 3rd or later rnders. Samuel takes those play action slants to the house.. thats exactly what we need.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
dont normally worry about this much but eric decosta and joe hortiz have both come out and said wrs we draft have to have a willingness to block - i just got through a couple of games of hakeem butler - this dude is a great and willing blocker on top of his other attributes

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Explosive but under 170 and comming off lisfranc surgery. I honestly wouldnt touch him in the first.

Take a gander at lil jordan humphrey. Underrated in this class
He will be ready for training camp but agree wouldn’t touch him in the first

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Reminds me of DJax. You just have to hope he can take the grind of a full nfl season

lisfranc might be an issue in year 1 potentially but ive not seen his size be a significant problem in the tape ive seen so far - if anything he's played big and tall for his body

he makes me think of tyreek hill a lot but without the kick return stuff - i hadnt even thought of desean jackson but that could be a good comp too

honestly i havent looked into injury stuff at all but from the tape ive been watching it seems pretty close for me so far between marquise and deebo samuel for top wr that ive studied

for posterity here's the guys ive got to so far since starting tonight: DK Metcalf, Kelvin Harmon, Marquise Brown, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, Riley Ridley

i feel like i see maybe only 2/3 first round grades coming out of this group so far

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's not a bad player either, but not as good as Butler. Harry is an excellent route runner and always is making contested catches. Love his jump ball ability.
I don’t see an excellent route runner in Harry. He does have jump ball ability but it’s just good, it’s not like spectacular lol. He’s got size and he uses it well, but aside from his YAC I just don’t see enough there.

Yes I’ve changed my tune on him quite a bit

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don’t see an excellent route runner in Harry. He does have jump ball ability but it’s just good, it’s not like spectacular lol. He’s got size and he uses it well, but aside from his YAC I just don’t see enough there.

Yes I’ve changed my tune on him quite a bit

I’ll be interested to see how I end up comparing him to some of the other bigger wrs in this class - I haven’t seen any of Harry since early in the cfb season - so game film will be enlightening

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
preliminary rankings:

1.) Marquise Brown
2.) Deebo Samuel
3.) Hakeem Butler
4.) DK Metcalf
5.) Kelvin Harmon
Brown your 1? Holy shit.

I’m gonna go
1. Harmon
2. Deebo
3. Butler
4. Metcalf
5. Undecided. I think I might put arcega-whiteside here, or Harry, or Wesley

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
You guys see butler as top 3? His hands is too inconsistent for that. Catching should be the most important trait for a WR.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brown your 1? Holy shit.

I’m gonna go
1. Harmon
2. Deebo
3. Butler
4. Metcalf
5. Undecided. I think I might put arcega-whiteside here, or Harry, or Wesley

I agree with your top 2. The 3 big things. Good route runners, good hands and provide YAC. Butler I really like but doesn't get separation but man can he make the contested catch.