• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

Batcerb

Practice Squad
Agreed on everything you wrote. He's an experienced route runner and his athleticism is definetly good enough imo plus is a great prospect for a day 3 pick. I think he can contribute on the outside at the Z and grow into the position.
He'd be a great addition as even a fifth round selection. Of course, in my mind he'd be the second addition to the wideout room via the draft.

I second that! Now just to see who the other WR for the Ravens will be...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
DK Metcalf and Hollywood Brown are on top 30 visit. This allows the ravens to check their medical status and some other stuff. I do wonder what the context of foreal is about haha...
D4MydbVWwAAlbMc.jpg
Yea what the hell is that about?

Batcerb

Practice Squad
Might be having a procedure to add some Quick Twitch, that might be discarded packaging in the bottom right of the photo.

Well rounded but very average as an athlete. Not explosive in and out of his cuts. I don't hate his game, not at all, but I feel like he's a Day 3 player and a really good one.

I second that! Now just to see who the other WR for the Ravens will be...

So I've come across this comparison a few times now across the web. I'm not sure how it makes me feel... but Stanley Morgan Jr is a less physical, more athletic version of Kelvin Harmon? Thoughts?

Btw not sure who brought up Harmon to me on these boards a little back but yes. I've definitely warmed up to his game and would be fine with him being an option as our first wideout of the draft.

Simba

Staff Member
So who's still high on Metcalf after seeing this? Just curious......

D4PoqtiXsAAtNk8.jpg:large

I was never high on him in the first place, but yeah, this doesn't seem too smart on his behalf. Regardless of what he means, it's not a good look. It's a job interview.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im starting to warm up to the idea of Marquise Brown. Join he and Lamar at the hip and you might have something special. Gets open all over the field.

Tyler

Practice Squad
While there seems to be some love for guys like Hakeem Butler, and Metcalf(not as much as Butler), I just can’t see the Ravens taking either of them high. Height-weight-speed guys just aren’t the type of players that should be targeted by a team that has struggled as much as the Ravens have at drafting and developing wide receivers. Could Metcalf Or Butler become the next Megatron-like freak? Sure, but the risk definitely outweighs the reward. Maybe I’m just forever burned from Breshad Perriman, but id just feel MUCH safer with an AJ Brown, N’keal Harry, Deebo Samuel, or even Marquise Brown. Route running and pure hands are a MUST. Breshad Perriman made a few catches that would make OBJ’s jaw drop, but for every one of those, there were countless times where he was either a boy amongst men, looking lost running his routes, dropping wide open passes, or having balls completely ricochet off of his hands into the arms of a defender. I think that Both Butler and Metcalf could become very good, potentially great players in this league, I just don’t have the confidence in that happening on this team.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m all in on A.J. Brown in the 1st. I think we need an underneath bully and security blanket like Q was for Flacco. He’s a more than willing blocker who I think is the most NFL-ready WR in this class. We can get a burner later in the draft, in my opinion. I don’t want a one trick pony in the 1st. I want the next JuJu.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m all in on A.J. Brown in the 1st. I think we need an underneath bully and security blanket like Q was for Flacco. He’s a more than willing blocker who I think is the most NFL-ready WR in this class. We can get a burner later in the draft, in my opinion. I don’t want a one trick pony in the 1st. I want the next JuJu.

I think he’s going to be gone by our pick. Just have a feeling.. Corey Davis all over again.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
None, which is my number 1 concern.
Actually there is more of a look at him being played tight at the line vs. Vanderbilt. My recollection is that he had a big game but that it was against off coverage (there is a beautiful back shoulder throw/catch).I'd say he is mostly a slot guy at the next level and he'll be a great pick or piece for someone but Im not crazy about him for us. I'd get behind it. I have him ranked high but he's a slot guy in large at the next level. My sense is that if he is wide, NFL CB's will not be threatened deep and will jam him successfully....He might well learn to get off. I wouldn't put it past him and I think The ravens might take him but I'm not sure you won't get the same production later and look somewhere else in. round one.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Actually there is more of a look at him being played tight at the line vs. Vanderbilt. I'd say he is mostly a slot guy at the next level and he'll be a great pick or piece for someone but Im not crazy about him for us. I'd get behind it. I have him ranked high but he's a slot guy in large at the next level. My sense is that if he is wide, NFL CB's will not be threatened deep and will jam him successfully....He might well learn to get off. I wouldn't put it past him and I think The ravens might take him but I'm not sure you won't get the same production later and look somewhere else in. round one.

Ya he seems strictly pegged for the slot which isnt a bad thing to say. I still think hes the safest bet at WR in this class. I see why you wouldnt see him as a fit though. I would get behind the pick but i just dont see it happening.

I feel Hollywood Brown would be the better fit and im really liking that idea the closer we get to the draft.

All i hope is that we trade down and get more picks.

I feel like all the guys we could want at 22 could be there later or even in the 2nd

Guys like Lindstrom, Brown, Deebo Samuel, Hakeem Butler or even maybe Bradburry could easily fall to round 2