• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
7 7/8th inch hand size. Wow, now that's really small and yes, I know what I just started
tenor.gif

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm actually beginning to reconsider Butler early. Apart from the massive upside, I like him in the red zone and oddly, I see him as more successful out of the slot.

I allowed myself to become really high on him initially but the more Ive watched, the more concerns pop up. He absolutely rounds off routes and is a bit sluggish off the line. I don't think NFL teams will be worried about him deep in terms of speed. This makes his intermediate route running and his lack of sharpness out of breaks a little concerning.

I don't see him (in the games Ive seen) being disrupted at the line and wonder because of his sluggish get off, how problematic that might be,
He struggled more against teams with a defensive pedigree (Iowa, for example).

I see absolutely no receiver in the first round that I would take over the offensive line talent. And Hakeem is one of my favorites.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we go WR early then we absolutely have to go with a natural hands catcher, not someone unreliable to make the catch. JJAW, Deebo, AJ Brown, Ridley, Harmon, or even Marquise Brown. I really don't want the Ravens to grab another guy with catching issues based on athletic ability.

Last edited:

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Andy Isabella... where do you guys value him for us?

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I personally think that he is the second best wr in this draft for the Baltimore Ravens. I like Deebo Samuel the best, I think he is a complete receiver. Personally, I don't see any other player who can be a number one in our offense. With that being said, I think Andy Isabella could be an extremely powerful weapon in our offense. Has the same athleticism as Campbell, but actually makes big plays. If he's there in the third, there is really no one I would bang the table harder for. Just a prediction though, he goes on the late second and that'll be a Dagger for me.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I personally think that he is the second best wr in this draft for the Baltimore Ravens. I like Deebo Samuel the best, I think he is a complete receiver. Personally, I don't see any other player who can be a number one in our offense. With that being said, I think Andy Isabella could be an extremely powerful weapon in our offense. Has the same athleticism as Campbell, but actually makes big plays. If he's there in the third, there is really no one I would bang the table harder for. Just a prediction though, he goes on the late second and that'll be a Dagger for me.
I think he sneaks into the second as well, and I finally got around to watching some of his senior bowl work and he looked much cleaner as a route runner, before he ran routes like he was playing basketball on the And1 tour lol, he sinks the hips and makes his break now, and that’s all he needed to improve on in my book, if he’s making sharp and sudden breaks then he’s a potential tyreek hill, he’s got incredible acceleration and quickness and might have the fastest game speed in this class. Slight frame, good hands but overall just decent catching ability is the only downside I’ve seen, he may be able to make some tough grabs in coverage but I just haven’t seen it.

But if we wanna make a big play passing game that involves speed on the outside to take advantage of the stacked box, along with a guy who can take a quick slant the distance, Isabella would be a great find in the third.

He’s one of the guys I’d pound the table for in the third as wel.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think he sneaks into the second as well, and I finally got around to watching some of his senior bowl work and he looked much cleaner as a route runner, before he ran routes like he was playing basketball on the And1 tour lol, he sinks the hips and makes his break now, and that’s all he needed to improve on in my book, if he’s making sharp and sudden breaks then he’s a potential tyreek hill, he’s got incredible acceleration and quickness and might have the fastest game speed in this class. Slight frame, good hands but overall just decent catching ability is the only downside I’ve seen, he may be able to make some tough grabs in coverage but I just haven’t seen it.

But if we wanna make a big play passing game that involves speed on the outside to take advantage of the stacked box, along with a guy who can take a quick slant the distance, Isabella would be a great find in the third.

He’s one of the guys I’d pound the table for in the third as wel.

Honestly if he's still around in the last 5 picks of the second round, I'm considering trading a fourth to get him.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
man this route is impressive by Antoine Wesley ( Texas tech) Just the stem and approach are a work of art. The upper body/head fake is convincing. Then sinking his hips and planting his foot and coming back on a dime. Beautiful .
antoine.gif

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
man this route is impressive by Antoine Wesley ( Texas tech) Just the stem and approach are a work of art. The upper body/head fake is convincing. Then sinking his hips and planting his foot and coming back on a dime. Beautiful .
View attachment 1457
That’s the exact play that got me to dive into his film and jump on the hype train lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's got great agility but i worry about his speed - i think he ran a 4.65
I worry a lot more about suddenness and fluidity than speed. If you have the moves to separate and the body to catch with contact, then you’re alright in my book, he should be able to separate perfectly fine and haul in catches and should be able to do it outside and in the slot

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I worry a lot more about suddenness and fluidity than speed. If you have the moves to separate and the body to catch with contact, then you’re alright in my book, he should be able to separate perfectly fine and haul in catches and should be able to do it outside and in the slot

he could - but i wonder if the lack of fear about being beaten deep or even just on slants etc in a straight line that defenders will start sitting on those shorter routes that would start negating some of the effectiveness of those sharp breaks

i really like his tape but its a legit worry and means i wouldnt feel comfortable touching him until day 3 honestly and maybe not even until the 5th

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If I was the gm and he’s on the board for our third round comp, might be hard to think of a better fit
I'd be on board with this. General consensus seems to have him more in mid Day 3 after below average testing, but the tape I saw says late day 2 early day 3.