• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why is no one talking about Gary Jennings......this guy is gonna be hella productive at the next level. Sure hes no true #1 but hes gonna be excellent in the slot

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone check out Bryan Edwards out of South Carolina?
I have only been able to find highlights but I like what I see so far.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow how do I never hear about Riley Ridley anywhere?! Dude looks like a 1st rounder. Could end up better than Calvin

Riley does look like a nice prospect. 2nd rounder for sure. Wonder if hes actually 6”2. Calvin is 6”1 but he looks small on tv lol.

A1A

Veteran
I'm a big supporter of us drafting Harry, but it doesnt look like he'll fall to us...however I've recently begun to favor Kelvin Harmon. Very strong and has great balance. I even say trade up if we have to. Please stop with the "we can find similar guys later in the draft" talk. No we need to go all in and get that special undeniable talent.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm a big supporter of us drafting Harry, but it doesnt look like he'll fall to us...however I've recently begun to favor Kelvin Harmon. Very strong and has great balance. I even say trade up if we have to. Please stop with the "we can find similar guys later in the draft" talk. No we need to go all in and get that special undeniable talent.
Personally, there's a few WRs I'd take over Harry. I worry about his ability to get separation at the NFL level. If the Ravens want to give Lamar a big, athletic target, I'd take Harmon later on instead of trying to trade up for Harry. I think Harmon or Samuel should be our WR targets in the late 1st. Possibly Samuel in the early 2nd if we trade down.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
David Sills V could be a sleeper. Just love that guy and his demeanor. Outside WR in case we don't go after one in the 1st.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some really quality film of Butler here. Some bad as well...but man...hes got traits to be a star WR 1.

Im really liking this kid

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@Ravensnation5220 i like what I see from butler, despite me trying to talk myself out of it. I haven’t really ever been a fan of the slower long striding wingspan guys, and he looks a little stiff, but goddamn if he doesn’t look like he might actually be a competent route runner despite lacking all the qualities needed to be one. I think he might just be a savvy and aware type who knows how to get open based on the defense. Weird prospect and I’m gonna be watching a lot of him, I gotta really see how he tends to get open on those crossers so often to form a real opinion.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
That hitch at 0:44 .... fucking WHAT?? A dude that size shouldn’t be able to do that.

Maybe he’s not as stiff as I originally thought.
Ya hes not completely polished as a route runner but he does show great traits. Hes able to drop his butt on those hitches and sets up his routes really well. His YAC potential looks good and for a lanky guy he seems pretty physical. Hes got some spectacular plays on tape that just make your jaw drop

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
3 games of tape and i already see a reoccurring problem with Butler.

3 games...3 easy drops....all in the 1st half. Vs Texas, Iowa, and washington st.

Still, hes got a ton of traits to work with

Edit: If you consider 1 hand attempts drops....its up to 7 drops in 4 games....not good

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
3 games of tape and i already see a reoccurring problem with Butler.

3 games...3 easy drops....all in the 1st half. Vs Texas, Iowa, and washington st.

Still, hes got a ton of traits to work with

Edit: If you consider 1 hand attempts drops....its up to 7 drops in 4 games....not good
Yeah I noticed some drops as well, real frustrating for a guy who can make the kinda catches he can make. If he has a monster combine he might see himself in the top 20 but if he doesn’t do anything special there he could legitimately end up in the third.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah that’s what got me too - that’s so sudden the defender basically trips over himself - it was at that point where I figured he was worth a few more looks lol
I’ve watched a little bit of him and thought he looked interesting but never saw that hitch, I’m really intrigued now