• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hadn't heard of him before looking into players for my mock, but the more I read of Fulgham the more I would love having him. He was great in the redzone at the senior bowl, getting open and able to catch anything thrown his way. He's also a hell of a route runner for a small school prospect. Really good at horizontal breaks and curls.

Great balance after contact to pick up extra yards:
https://twitter.com/NFLDraftVideos/status/1075134767803367424

And just look at his blocking:
https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1070761357165895681

I really want a WR this physical and he's a perfect fit for the Ravens.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harlem Butler is really interesting early. Hands are an issue but he's a big bully that can work all three levels and consistently win the 50/50. Very very dangerous after the catch. Surprisingly quick feet for big guy. Gets separation all kinds of ways.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Harlem Hakeem Butler is really interesting early. Hands are an issue but he's a big bully that can work all three levels and consistently win the 50/50. Very very dangerous after the catch. Surprisingly quick feet for big guy. Gets separation all kinds of ways.
fixed it

definitely a fan of Hakeem Butler. He also caught more contested catches than anyone in this draft class along with his 11 drops on 71 catchable balls. I still feel if DK is used at his strengts, meaning Verticals, slants, posts and comebacks and not asked to run what he can't run he has the highest upside in this class. Butler also has the chance to be a # 1 in this class.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
holy crap Jazz Ferguson is LONG... tall and has incredibly long arms - really interesting prospect - really raw route runner but shows some (inconsistent) ability to beat press and separate at different stages of a route and eats up cushions - and that catch radius is obscene
The way I see it he is a less stiff and more natural pass catcher version of Jaleel Scott.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't you just get the feeling that The Ravens look at Butler as a perfect fit? If you watch lasley tape alongside tape of Butler, Its difficult not to get excited about the prospect of both working out and of them being complimentary.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Don't you just get the feeling that The Ravens look at Butler as a perfect fit? If you watch lasley tape alongside tape of Butler, Its difficult not to get excited about the prospect of both working out and of them being complimentary.
Why would you assume the ravens view Lasley as a building block? I really liked Lasley as a prospect but...

I was feeling the same way but started doubting they'd want to draft and depend on another prospect with a high drop rate. Especially considering they've voiced their concerns about how they've previously scouted wideout prospects. I feel they go for a more sure handed prospect when they do turn in their draft card. However, Butler is an intriguing prospect with unlimited upside and they may still take the chance.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
A lot of hype building for N’Keal Harry now. Does he crack into the 1st?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
A lot of hype building for N’Keal Harry now. Does he crack into the 1st?
There’s never really been a point where he wasn’t regarded by the media and the casual fan as a first rounder. Hell up until the combine where metcalf took over the hype train, he seemed to be the closest thing to a “consensus” #1 among fans.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There’s never really been a point where he wasn’t regarded by the media and the casual fan as a first rounder. Hell up until the combine where metcalf took over the hype train, he seemed to be the closest thing to a “consensus” #1 among fans.

And tbf I can understand why casual fans would think that - before I’d done any tape study or knew anything about this class and was just watching cfb, harry was a player who stood out week to week to me and that view didn’t change until I started watching film

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And tbf I can understand why casual fans would think that - before I’d done any tape study or knew anything about this class and was just watching cfb, harry was a player who stood out week to week to me and that view didn’t change until I started watching film
Well I don’t watch much college ball live outside of playoffs and big ticket prime time games, and the only part of Harry that intrigued me was the YAC ability, which tbf REALLY intrigued me for a time but the more I watched the less impressed I was with his overall ability.

I still have this odd feeling that the ravens view him higher than we do and could very well be our pick... I’d be livid

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ll say this about Harry though... he seems like a Greg Roman type of receiver. Roman made Crabtree a stud after he was looking like a bust, he had him doing what he does best and letting his physicality and YAC ability do all the work. Harry looked like he had a decent 3 cone at his pro day and he may have some tools to work with as far as improving his separation goes.

Still don’t want him at 22 though.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’ll say this about Harry though... he seems like a Greg Roman type of receiver. Roman made Crabtree a stud after he was looking like a bust, he had him doing what he does best and letting his physicality and YAC ability do all the work. Harry looked like he had a decent 3 cone at his pro day and he may have some tools to work with as far as improving his separation goes.

he's definitely got great tools etc. to work with but i just dont love what i see on tape

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's definitely got great tools etc. to work with but i just dont love what i see on tape
I agree, he’s got probably the most exciting highlight reel of all WRs this year, but the tape doesn’t match the highlights. If he goes to the Steelers I’ll be goddamn terrified because of how they develop guys, but I don’t have faith that we can develop him. We just never see our WRs make progress from raw to refined.

ravensnick2

Practice Squad

I agree, only WR I'd take at 22 if available is AJ Brown and that's only if other prospects are off the board. Not buying the hype on this WR class.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree, only WR I'd take at 22 if available is AJ Brown and that's only if other prospects are off the board. Not buying the hype on this WR class.
I personally don’t want aj brown at 22, he strikes me as a classic day 2 receiver, just not enough upside to justify 22nd overall

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I personally don’t want aj brown at 22, he strikes me as a classic day 2 receiver, just not enough upside to justify 22nd overall

You make it sound like pick 22 is great value for a blue chip.
AJ brown is a day 1 contributor. Already the best route runner in the class.
I would probably prefer a interior Oline before him but if we do go WR, AJs my guy.