• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 OL Thread

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jawaan Taylor out of Florida. I just recently discovered him dudes a beast in the run game. Massive holes,dominated even against Georgia.
Ford projects as a guard right? Then Taylor does too. Ideal target if we trade out of the 1st round

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jawaan Taylor out of Florida. I just recently discovered him dudes a beast in the run game. Massive holes,dominated even against Georgia.
Ford projects as a guard right? Then Taylor does too. Ideal target if we trade out of the 1st round
Did he declare tho? I remember him standing out vs Georgia and thinking hes an absolute stud in the run game

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did he declare tho? I remember him standing out vs Georgia and thinking hes an absolute stud in the run game
Yes he did. Unfortunately I missed the shrine game, but I read that Gaillard played better than expected and according to walter football we met with him. This doesn't mean anything but at least he's on our radar.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If teams view him primarily as a guard that can be a tackle if you have injuries then he might be there. Hernandez was pick 34, and Wynn was 23rd overall.

Wynn got injured so he's behind the 8-ball but I had him as a top 15 player in last year's class as either a guard or a tackle - it's ridiculous he fell so far

that would be my hope for Ford to fall is what you're saying in terms of devaluing guards who aren't quenton nelson but im not that hopeful

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If Ford is there you take him. He's a day one starter, and a good one, in this scheme, and he has some tweaking to do but his ceiling is ridiculous, and his floor is also pretty high. Best case scenario you have yourself a future all pro, and the worst case scenario is that you have yourself a Ronnie Stanley quality starter for the next decade. Difference is that Ford is not afraid to flatten you along the way if he has a chance.

Given that I think Bozeman can easily win the C job next offseason, I think Ford is could be our future RG to replace Yanda, and we can draft another interior player in the middle rounds to take the other spot.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Ford is there you take him. He's a day one starter, and a good one, in this scheme, and he has some tweaking to do but his ceiling is ridiculous, and his floor is also pretty high. Best case scenario you have yourself a future all pro, and the worst case scenario is that you have yourself a Ronnie Stanley quality starter for the next decade. Difference is that Ford is not afraid to flatten you along the way if he has a chance.

Given that I think Bozeman can easily win the C job next offseason, I think Ford is could be our future RG to replace Yanda, and we can draft another interior player in the middle rounds to take the other spot.
He’s also got Enough agility which is important in a Roman scheme with all the pulling.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is the part of the year where I trust this forum to talk me up on who to watch tape of because listening to "draft experts" leaves me watching a lot of players I find meh.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't get away from Elgton Jenkins. Really resets and anchors with ease...nearly impossible to move. I like him very much in pass protection. He can solo on massive and athletic tackles in the run game as well. Imagine having a center that doesn't need help in the ground game. imagine how that frees up Yanda and Brown on the right side.

Some areas he might improve:
I would like him to stay on blocks longer. For all the talk of how nasty he is, it doesn't manifest itself in that manner. He struggles a little in space...most notably on second level blocks and he seems a little hesitant dealing with delays and stunts. Terrible execution of cut blocks.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I agree that Fords ceiling is high and could be a day one starter, but you know how that goes. That being said, even Hernandez had a tough start to the season.

I’d love Ford and agree if he’s there, he’s most likely bpa. Still early in the process so I’ll probably change my mind

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree that Fords ceiling is high and could be a day one starter, but you know how that goes. That being said, even Hernandez had a tough start to the season.

I’d love Ford and agree if he’s there, he’s most likely bpa. Still early in the process so I’ll probably change my mind

Early in the process to me is when the best reads are made.

The combine clouds everything with "potential" whereas now all we have raw game tape to show what a player IS