• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the bad, and the inability to beat good teams

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Crab OPI is ultimately what killed us, that was a weak call. That was a good throw to the sideline and catch.

I'm just curious as to how many more points we would have scored if we weren't constantly getting flagged. Maybe we wouldn't have been in the position where our D had to make a stop because, as we all know, they always crumble against the better teams.

That Across the body throw by Mahomes on 4th down was all luck. I hope the Ravens get another shot at them and knock them out of the playoffs. It's the same way the Rams beat my Pack.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm just curious as to how many more points we would have scored if we weren't constantly getting flagged. Maybe we wouldn't have been in the position where our D had to make a stop because, as we all know, they always crumble against the better teams.

I did not feel like we crumbled against the Chiefs....well....defensively we did and it seems like it all had to do with some key injuries to some of our players at the worst time. I am almost 100% sure Marlon was not on the field at the end.

I did not feel like we crumbled against the Chiefs....well....defensively we did and it seems like it all had to do with some key injuries to some of our players at the worst time. I am almost 100% sure Marlon was not on the field at the end.

Is Lamar ok? I hope he can play next week.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yeah, we always crumble on the defensive side of the ball when we need a stop to close out the game (at least against the good teams). I don't recall if Marlon was on the field or not, but Mosley should never be trying to cover Hill and especially not on a 4th down. With all our supposed secondary depth, we should have put literally anyone else on Hill.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it generally isn't fixable. You either have it or you don't..might improve slightly but it'll never be what we'd want it to be
This is far from the truth. There have been several passes over the last 4 games where he has hit players in stride as well. His mechanics have changed tremendously since college, he just needs to be more consistent with them. Another offseason and his accuracy should improve. QBs aren’t typically accurate in year 1, just go back to Peyton Manning who had over 20 interceptions.

Yeah, we always crumble on the defensive side of the ball when we need a stop to close out the game (at least against the good teams). I don't recall if Marlon was on the field or not, but Mosley should never be trying to cover Hill and especially not on a 4th down. With all our supposed secondary depth, we should have put literally anyone else on Hill.
He had x rays in his ankle and they came back negative. He said he was ok

Happy he's ok.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I said this in an earlier thread but we need to make the O line so dominant that it allows him to scramble for extended periods. It should be the main priority this offseason

It was Jimmy Smith who got beat
That is true but Mosley should’ve played the ball better. Maybe from the angle we viewed it he looked like he had a chance but I would need to see from the All-22 whether or not he did for sure. As I said, I don’t expect him to be stride for stride with Hill I just wish that he played the ball better.

This team can never close good lord it’s insane and I think iv had enough. Typical Raven fashion to lose a game. 4th and 9 and you allow that smfh.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This is far from the truth. There have been several passes over the last 4 games where he has hit players in stride as well. His mechanics have changed tremendously since college, he just needs to be more consistent with them. Another offseason and his accuracy should improve. QBs aren’t typically accurate in year 1, just go back to Peyton Manning who had over 20 interceptions.
ints dont mean he isnt accurate. Luck threw around 18 ints one year i think and he is accurate. Just bad decision making on his part

All this hand wringing over not being able to close out games ever and who should have been covering whom defense crumbling late blah blah blah ... I just don’t get it.

That 4th and 9 in no way resembles the 4th and 12 last year or the 14 point 4th quarter leads evaporating that we’ve seen in the past. This was not Andy Dalton and the Bungles in our house comfortably surveying the field and hitting a wide open receiver for a season crushing TD. This was not a multi score collapse.

This was the leagues top offense at home on a play that was well covered and well pressured that a special QB was able to extend the play for long enough and make a throw across his body and get enough on it to make a big time play.

To me this was more about what KC did rather than what we failed to do.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That is true but Mosley should’ve played the ball better. Maybe from the angle we viewed it he looked like he had a chance but I would need to see from the All-22 whether or not he did for sure. As I said, I don’t expect him to be stride for stride with Hill I just wish that he played the ball better.
From the play i saw during game, weddle could have made a play on the ball it seems like... nvm, just seen the play.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
All this hand wringing over not being able to close out games ever and who should have been covering whom defense crumbling late blah blah blah ... I just don’t get it.

That 4th and 9 in no way resembles the 4th and 12 last year or the 14 point 4th quarter leads evaporating that we’ve seen in the past. This was not Andy Dalton and the Bungles in our house comfortably surveying the field and hitting a wide open receiver for a season crushing TD. This was not a multi score collapse.

This was the leagues top offense at home on a play that was well covered and well pressured that a special QB was able to extend the play for long enough and make a throw across his body and get enough on it to make a big time play.

To me this was more about what KC did rather than what we failed to do.
amen! I agree. This is how Kc play. They never give up. Them boys ball every sunday like this.. all the refs made us lose bs doesnt mean nothing.we did what we had to do, KC just did their part better.