• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chargers

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The sheer amount of grandbabies the fucker is gonna have...

He needs to play for at least another 10 years....
Philip Rivers is the man who’s gonna spark the end of humanity, the generation of his great grandchildren are gonna be the breaking point of overpopulation on earth

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If our secondary can lock down the Falcons' WR corps which are BY FAR better than the Chargers WR corps sans Keenan Allen, there should be no excuse whatsoever to do the same.
The falcons corps is not at all BY FAR better.

Besides Keenan Allen you have

-Mike Williams who’s really fuckin heating up
-Tyrell Williams who’s got a knack for contested downfield catches
-Travis Benjamin who is fast af and a quality deep threat

Idk how Sanu and Ridley are by far better than those 3...

Tyler

Practice Squad
At this point, Scoreboard watching is an afterthought. It’s put up or shut up for Guys like Suggs, Weddle, Harbaugh. You’re 8-6, AGAIN, you control you’re own Destiny, AGAIN. Do you hope and Pray for X team to lose after the inability to beat Playoff teams, and maybe squeak in? Or, do you put and end to the 3-season Deja vu, go on the Road, and take what’s in front of you? If they show up In Carson like they did in Arrowhead, I think they can pull it off. If not, well then it looks like these ARE the same old Ravens, and they don’t deserve a spot in the dance this year, and the rest of the dominos will follow. Harbaugh, a majority of the coaching staff, as well as a household Veteran Players will be jettisoned from the team, and it will be time to reset and build around a promising, but unknown young QB. It all comes down to Saturday night, and either way it will be exciting, one way or the other.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Not gonna lie, if Allen is out and Gordon is out/not 100%, considering what we did to Atlanta, I think we should win.

Allen will probably be out until the playoffs since he has a hip pointer. Gordon is likely back because he could have played Thursday Night against the Chiefs but Anthony Lynn chose not to play him.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Leave it to the patriots to spoil our season....by losing.

I hate to say it but our season is likely over. It is definitely over if we lose Saturday. Just like last year, we will have a better team than a couple teams in the playoffs but we get fucked over because we suck at the beginning of the season.

Whatever, on to next season. Playoffs might be more enjoyable without the ravens in it anyway. No getting my hopes up

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'd say the Chargers WR corps is better by virtue of having a lot more guys that can kill us. I will say I THINK Julio Jones is a better player than anyone there(though he is hilariously misutilized. Put him with McVay and you'd have someone who can challenge Megatron's recrod), and this is coming from someone who considers Keenan Allen to be a top 10 WR, but the Chargers can kill you in multiple ways so much that you can't zone in on just a Keenan Allen, You legit have to be four deep at corner to take them on, otherwise they're going to burn you. We are lucky Hunter Henry is not there because no matter how good this secondary is, we would not stop them.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd say the Chargers WR corps is better by virtue of having a lot more guys that can kill us. I will say I THINK Julio Jones is a better player than anyone there(though he is hilariously misutilized. Put him with McVay and you'd have someone who can challenge Megatron's recrod), and this is coming from someone who considers Keenan Allen to be a top 10 WR, but the Chargers can kill you in multiple ways so much that you can't zone in on just a Keenan Allen, You legit have to be four deep at corner to take them on, otherwise they're going to burn you. We are lucky Hunter Henry is not there because no matter how good this secondary is, we would not stop them.
Stephen A seems to think Hunter Henry is playing at an MVP season

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I hate to say it but our season is likely over. It is definitely over if we lose Saturday. Just like last year, we will have a better team than a couple teams in the playoffs but we get fucked over because we suck at the beginning of the season.

Whatever, on to next season. Playoffs might be more enjoyable without the ravens in it anyway. No getting my hopes up
My man. Welcome to the club. The playoffs from the NFC will be much more enjoyable. For the AFC, it's BoltUp for me. I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans rep the AFC either.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

I don't want to think of the prospects of Bellicheck messing with Lamar's mind. Or him getting flattened by Clowney, Watt, and Mercilus, or him going against a loaded defense like LA. Or having to get into a shootout with Mahomes. I think he would crush Pitt... That's it.