• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chargers

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Phillip Rivers is NO JOKE. This guy is for real ,so far NOBODY has been able to stop his reproduction. NOBODY! He's only lost two games in his short career , each by 3 points and both on the road to 2 teams that will play deep into the playoffs. Rivers has a rocket arm ,can reproduce from any angle, can read all the baby books and process information instantly.
We need to look at Sundays game as a privilege and an honor to be able to witness his talent and have the chance to be able to remember watching him play in his first full season many years from now.
He's already set multiple reproduction records and is on pace to challenge Antonio Cromartie's all time reproduction record of 10. He's on pace for a 2 kid season.
The amazing thing is he's still reproducing. Win or lose this Sunday just enjoy the fact you have a chance to witness.

Good luck Sunday!
Prepare to face the last generation’s talent!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yeah exactly, did I miss the memo that the colts and Texans are fucking amazing? They’re not.
Amen! The Patriots The Steelers and the Texans are not either. The Chiefs and the Chargers andathe Saints are pretty damn good and if we can pull off a road win on Saturday.....I am decorating my house in purple lights!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what would be the ultimate ravens tragedy that would be so us?

We actually beat the charges and then lose to the browns and the colts make the playoffs

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, didn't the freaking Colts just get shut out two games ago? If we go into LA and beat the Chargers, then we beat a good team....right? Yes it hasn't happened,but until we lose on Saturday, I am not hopping off the Lamar train. This young man has energized the hell out of me. I am all in right now. I will worry about that other crap later. For the record, I had zero faith we were going to win our last Lombardi after week 15. If we happen to beat the Chargers on Saturday, I hope you all jump back on the Lamar train. I want you all there with me. Smack them bolts in the mouth baby! Go Ravens!

BELEEEEEE

If we can take care of the football then the Chargers are beatable. In their game against KC, Rivers was taking a lot of hits early on which led to his 2 picks so if our defense can put the heat on him then good things can happen for us. Gordon will also need to be contained, but our run defense has been mostly solid all year long. Keep the running game chugging along and take some deep shots down the field (try to go at Addae and not James lol) and we should be able to put enough points on the board to be in a position to win the game late.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
and there lies the problem. People are not allowed to make fun of religion but you can make fun of an individuals humanity. I'll make fun of anything that tells me how I should live my life. It's my right, as I'm not harming anyone. If people are upset it's usually because they have cognitive dissonance, otherwise it wouldn't matter..the opinion of an atheist would be respected.

''To learn who rules over you, find out who or what you are not allowed to criticize''.-Voltaire
I'm a religious guy, I have plenty of respect for people who are atheists. You're allowed to think whatever you want

Who I don't have respect for are those who call them brainwashed or sheep.....

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Weddle’s revenge game. 2 interceptions.

you know, in theory..because rivers is so stationary and not like Ben in that he can make those extended plays with his strength and legs...we really need to activate tim williams and use him vs a slow tackle like okung.

I'm usually more scared of mobile QB vs us.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Guys, religion doesn't have a place for talk on the boards, much less the Chargers game thread. Seriously, just don't. You'll never change another person's mind about it so don't try.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
You know what would be the ultimate ravens tragedy that would be so us?

We actually beat the charges and then lose to the browns and the colts make the playoffs

Well aware, but I am not looking past Saturday right now.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
All you people who think the Ravens are done and shouldn’t make the playoffs because of Harbaugh or Lamar getting hurt or whatever can ban yourself or go elsewhere. I don’t think anyone wants to hear that nonsense.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I realistically think this game is a loss. The Saints and Chiefs may have scary offenses, but a healthy Chargers aren't terribly far behind AND their defense is drastically better. The Chargers in the playoffs is basically a meme, but they are my dark horse to challenge for a Super Bowl.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I realistically think this game is a loss. The Saints and Chiefs may have scary offenses, but a healthy Chargers aren't terribly far behind AND their defense is drastically better. The Chargers in the playoffs is basically a meme, but they are my dark horse to challenge for a Super Bowl.
I actually think the Chargers have a legit chance to make it. A Rivers vs. Brees super bowl would sell REALLY well.

That said, the Chargers may be the first #1 seed in NFL history that doesn't truly have homefield advantage.....

rossihunter2

Staff Member

imagine how great this chargers team would be if hunter henry was not out for the year and joey bosa didnt miss the first half of the season either...

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is a tough game because James has had success vs Lamar Jackson in college. That concerns me because it means he knows some of Jackson’s tendencies and while that means Lamar knows him, too, I feel like the matchup favors James more as James has to only account for Lamar but Lamar must account for James and King and other defenders. This is a big concern.

With that said, I think have too many options on offense change a bad thing at times as well so I’m not sure what kind of impact having Gordon back will have on the game. This defense is weird and it seems we almost do better against top guys than backups. I like Jimmy and Humphrey against any of their WR and would use Humphrey on Allen and Smith on Williams if they both play.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I actually think the Chargers have a legit chance to make it. A Rivers vs. Brees super bowl would sell REALLY well.

That said, the Chargers may be the first #1 seed in NFL history that doesn't truly have homefield advantage.....
It is incredibly sad at how poorly the city embraced the team, honestly.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i mean tbf LA never wanted 2 teams - just the 1 - and they've very much embraced the Rams
Actually... they did want two teams. They got one of the desired ones... the rams. But they wanted the Raiders again lol.

Chargers had the perfect opportunity to either stay in San Diego or move to Vegas to acquire a new fan base and make all the money Spanos wanted from all the Vegas Tourism.... but nope. LA

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i mean tbf LA never wanted 2 teams - just the 1 - and they've very much embraced the Rams
I don't even understand why they moved from SD. I don't know if there were stadium issues or issues with the city, but it's beautiful all year round and a pretty dope city. To me, it's better than downtown LA, but what do I know?

And on a side note, why the hell is LA even getting two teams in the first place? Entire states don't even have teams, but LA can have two teams? BS to me.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't even understand why they moved from SD. I don't know if there were stadium issues or issues with the city, but it's beautiful all year round and a pretty dope city. To me, it's better than downtown LA, but what do I know?

And on a side note, why the hell is LA even getting two teams in the first place? Entire states don't even have teams, but LA can have two teams? BS to me.
LA and NYC technically have two teams for everything if you really think about it.

Basketball. LAL and LAC. NYK(LOL) and Brooklyn Nets(LOL)
Baseball: LAD(FUCK YOU ROBERTS) and LAA(techincally they're in Anaheim but hey, have to make the fans happy). Yankees and Mets(*Breaks finger typing this)
Football: NYG, NYJ, Rams, Chargers