• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Chargers

JO_75

Hall of Famer
My man. Welcome to the club. The playoffs from the NFC will be much more enjoyable. For the AFC, it's BoltUp for me. I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans rep the AFC either.

If we miss the playoffs again, I'm fully supporting the Texans and in the NFC I'll support the Saints because they were my preseason pick to win the Super Bowl.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
We’re not beating the chargers if they have Gordon (which they will)
I’d surely play lamar for development reasons, but the only hope we have at winning is if flacco went completely insane and played perfect
No reason to even try that. More of a hypo if he never got hurt thing

Steelers win ended our season. Fuck any optimism no reason to have faith. I’m not quiting on this team just would rather throw in the towel then have my heart torn out again. Anyone who believes, what’s the end game getting blown out by 30 vs la or Houston?

9-7 16th pick.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Also, the colts deserve the playoffs and we definitely don’t. There’s nothing that remotely makes me think we deserve to be there. We are very very mediocore, and sometimes against bad teams at home look above average.

Colts started off 1-5 and are 8/9. That’s deserving.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Also, the colts deserve the playoffs and we definitely don’t. There’s nothing that remotely makes me think we deserve to be there. We are very very mediocore, and sometimes against bad teams at home look above average.

Colts started off 1-5 and are 8/9. That’s deserving.
We have the best defense in the league and now the best, by far, running game.
That's hardly mediocre.

Our problem is that we haven't fielded the best offense from the beginning and wasted time and games.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't want us to make the postseason. Sounds insane as a Ravens fan, but I don't need Lamar to be introduced to JJ Watt, Clowney, Merculis, etc etc etc... Not while we are field a line with Matt Skura and James fucking Hurst. That's a good way to get your promising, if imperfect(come the fuck at me Lamar dickriders, he's not ready yet as a passer) rookie QB killed before his career really begins. Remember what we did to RG3.. That will happen in the postseason if we go against the Texans. We ain't making the SB. Let's be honest here. Even if we make the postseason.

I see us going 9-7, a missing again for the second year in a row. No way in hell we win vs LAC. Gus Bradley is probably salavating at unleashing Bosa and Ingram and a really good secondary against a rookie QB. I could see us win against the Browns.

But Harbaugh will give us his classic 8-8 special and good riddance. He needs to go. He can take his mediocre crap like Buck Allen, Nick Boyle, Za'Darius Smith, James Hurst, Matt Skura. Let's get some real offensive linemen and some real football players on this team

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
We have the best defense in the league and now the best, by far, running game.
That's hardly mediocre.

Our problem is that we haven't fielded the best offense from the beginning and wasted time and games.
The bears defense is far better and some way in hell the colts is elite now. We can’t play from behind, and we don’t have a down field passing attack. We have some of the worst play calling in the league. The colts have won EIGHT OF NINE. We lose to the browns, blow a must win to the Steelers that would have us in the playoffs right now, and can’t pull either game out against the saints or chiefs (not saying we should have beat them but we had the opportunity to prove we can and continue to show we love to shit the bed when it matters)
I can’t see why people would want playoffs when it would just mean no change and 8-6 with a chance to choke next year.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't want us to make the postseason. Sounds insane as a Ravens fan, but I don't need Lamar to be introduced to JJ Watt, Clowney, Merculis, etc etc etc... Not while we are field a line with Matt Skura and James fucking Hurst. That's a good way to get your promising, if imperfect(come the fuck at me Lamar dickriders, he's not ready yet as a passer) rookie QB killed before his career really begins. Remember what we did to RG3.. That will happen in the postseason if we go against the Texans. We ain't making the SB. Let's be honest here. Even if we make the postseason.

I see us going 9-7, a missing again for the second year in a row. No way in hell we win vs LAC. Gus Bradley is probably salavating at unleashing Bosa and Ingram and a really good secondary against a rookie QB. I could see us win against the Browns.

But Harbaugh will give us his classic 8-8 special and good riddance. He needs to go. He can take his mediocre crap like Buck Allen, Nick Boyle, Za'Darius Smith, James Hurst, Matt Skura. Let's get some real offensive linemen and some real football players on this team
We wrote the same stuff about the playoffs at the same time lol. We’d get killed in the playoffs. The colts proved they can Atleast beat the Texans. I have no faith we can beat the Texans. 0. Lamar would get destroyed all game. (Flacco would Too I’m not saying it’s lamar.) they are nasty. We can’t cove Hopkins

Man, I hope that Za'Darius, Hurst, Buck Allen, and Boyle follow Harbaugh wherever he goes... Sick of their mediocrity holding us back from playing superior talent because "they're my guys".

Being as honest as possible Idk about Boyle.
The guy can be an extremely good run blocker when on the move and that's something we highly evaluate in this offense.
Incredible how immediately post-draft I was pissed of the second TE we drafted (Boyle after we already got Maxx and then Mark after we picked Hayden) and now I find myself being more supportive of the latter than of the former ones.
I think I'm just going shut the heck up about our future TE picks for jeessake.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I still want to try to beat the Chargers. I am not sure they are really better than the Chiefs. Rivers can have a bad day sometimes. Maybe we catch him on one, even though it is December. Yeah, I will probably get my heart broken and bitch and complain about Harbaugh and the Browns game, then hope we get a better Head Coach. Until we are mathematically eliminated, Go Ravers and Go Lamar Action Jackson!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

but they're good guys....

mighty men..

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You two are talking some serious bullshit.

Making playoffs is not good because we might face Houston???? So fucking what?
Dude, if we make the postseason there’s a good chance that Harbaugh stays, we keep the problem on the squad and most importantly we aren’t going to win games. We haven’t beaten good teams since 2014. Zero, zilch, nada. Don’t give me this “we almost beat KC we can’t beat anyone” crap. We haven’t beaten anyone. We don’t really have a chance at a ring. We “technically” have a chance. So tell me, as a franchise that’s close to actual contention, strengthen the trenches, acquire more weapons, and cross your fingers that LJ8 develops, in what universe does this actually help? Sure, he gets playoff experience, but with Harbaugh and his la lies, he might never get the chance to grow correctly, straight up. I’d much rather have a decade of prosperity ahead then make the playoffs this year and continue to be mediocre with Harbaugh.

Obviously, I’d love to see him prove me wrong and make a run but the playoffs would eat the guy alive. But I don’t see us beating anyone except the Steelers possibly. And us losing in an embarrassing fashion to every other team, including the Steelers possibly. We’d be too one dimensional. I’d rather not get the future of my franchise massacred knowing that our chances for a ring are less then 10%.

I wouldn’t want Joe starting either. He’d be a better passer but every bit as one dimensional.

TLDR: I want the best for the team long term right now. I don’t want us to fuck up Lamar’s development. Keeping Harbaugh is step one of doing that. Just my opinion. And if we make the postseason my gut tells me that Steve uses it as an excuse to keep him, and we continue the mediocre, unbalanced bullshit we’ve become accustomed to since 2014.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
To clarify, I’d much rather have us win of course. Just preparing for disappointment. We will fuck this up somehow. Playoffs or no playoffs.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Phillip Rivers is NO JOKE. This guy is for real ,so far NOBODY has been able to stop his reproduction. NOBODY! He's only lost two games in his short career , each by 3 points and both on the road to 2 teams that will play deep into the playoffs. Rivers has a rocket arm ,can reproduce from any angle, can read all the baby books and process information instantly.
We need to look at Sundays game as a privilege and an honor to be able to witness his talent and have the chance to be able to remember watching him play in his first full season many years from now.
He's already set multiple reproduction records and is on pace to challenge Antonio Cromartie's all time reproduction record of 10. He's on pace for a 2 kid season.
The amazing thing is he's still reproducing. Win or lose this Sunday just enjoy the fact you have a chance to witness.

Good luck Sunday!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think people realize that this team was one dominant LG or C away

We have never valued the C position and it seems anyone can play LG for us.